The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How about make killers need QTE to trigger their overpower perks?

It is unfair that survivors need QTE to trigger Decisive Strike, but killers can do nothing to trigger BBQ.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited February 2019

Killers have to win a chase to trigger BBQ. Survivors have to lose a chase to trigger DS. Seems balanced to me.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Orion said:
    Killers have to win a chase to trigger BBQ. Survivors have to lose a chase to trigger DS. Seems balanced to me.

It does, survivor has to fail while killer wins, seems balanced

• Orion

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Orion said:

I was being sarcastic, it's not balanced in the least.
    Killer wins and is rewarded by the activation of a perk. Survivor loses and is rewarded by the activation of what is arguably an even stronger perk.

• Hoodied

@JohnTed said:
    It is unfair that survivors need QTE to trigger Decisive Strike, but killers can do nothing to trigger BBQ.

Killer needs to hook survivors for bbq to go off

• Hoodied

@Orion said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Orion said:

Killer wins and is rewarded by the activation of a perk. Survivor loses and is rewarded by the activation of what is arguably an even stronger perk.

I was aswell, I am starting too see the power of ds sense in the higher ranks everybody ######### uses it

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Comparing BBQ to DS.

BBQ isn't even that powerful on most killers outside of Nurse and Billy.

Lets say it activates at a close range, say 46m or so, at 4.6m/s it takes over 10 seconds to get there plus there is the large 32m terror radius warning. Plenty of time for a survivor to go immersed with urban evasion or get to a pallet/vault for defense.
  • Orion

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Orion said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Orion said:

I was aswell, I am starting too see the power of ds sense in the higher ranks everybody [BAD WORD] uses it

The entire stale meta is too powerful, that's why perks like Self-Care are the most used on either side, and have been since their release. The devs need to get rid of these self-sustaining and second-chance perks.

• JohnTed
    JohnTed Member Posts: 56

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@JohnTed said:

Hook survivors is too easy. It should have QTE because survivors repairing engine need QTE.

• JohnTed

@PiiFree said:
    Ah, a new troll was born.

I troll to developers.!!!

• Hoodied

@JohnTed said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@JohnTed said:

Hook survivors is too easy. It should have QTE because survivors repairing engine need QTE.

okay let me explain, Survivors need to fail the chase for killers to trigger BBQ, and survivors can prevent this by entering a locker for 4/5/6 seconds, 6 is preferable, and that prevents bbq from triggering, Decisive holds back BBQ, but not that long, BBQ triggers upon hooking survivors after a long chase if they decide on looping (unless you are a legion main like me)

• JohnTed

@Orion said:

Chasing is far more easier than escaping.
    1. Killers run faster than survivors.
    2. Killers have perks and superpower.
    3. Killers have insane add-on
    4. Killers have better vision. (Survivors can be shown even behind the objects.)

• Hoodied

@JohnTed said:

@Orion said:

Chasing is far more easier than escaping.
    1. Killers run faster than survivors.
    2. Killers have perks and superpower.
    3. Killers have insane add-on
    4. Killers have better vision. (Survivors can be shown even behind the objects.)

Let me try to analyze this, number 1 is countered by literally being good at the game, killer perks can be learned quickly mid-chase and some abilities are awful mid-chase, add-ons sometimes are awful, and better vision is incorrect, both survivors and killers have the same vision, just fov perks improve this and survivors can see through wooden walls

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@JohnTed said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@JohnTed said:

Killer:
    Has to find survivor
    Has to down survivor
    (Has no time to think about having to press a button while killers have several other buttons to remember)
    Has to hook survivor
    Has to look around
    Oh wait, there's several ways to deny BBQ aura reading
    Oh wait, survivors are in a locker/ran Distortion/are in range
    Damn, I have to camp because I don't know where anyone is

Annnnnd you're probably gonna disregard this post. I am sad now.

• Hoodied

@Shad03 said:

@JohnTed said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@JohnTed said:

Killer:
    Has to find survivor
    Has to down survivor
    (Has no time to think about having to press a button while killers have several other buttons to remember)
    Has to hook survivor
    Has to look around
    Oh wait, there's several ways to deny BBQ aura reading
    Oh wait, survivors are in a locker/ran Distortion/are in range
    Damn, I have to camp because I don't know where anyone is

I miss the lol button but, all the steps are correct, leatherface is a god at doing this aswell

• JohnTed

@Shad03 said:

@JohnTed said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@JohnTed said:

Killer:
    Has to find survivor (LOOK THE CROWS)
    Has to down survivor (USING NURSE)
    Has to hook survivor
    Has to look around
    Oh wait, there's several ways to deny BBQ aura reading (THE THIRD SEAL)
    Oh wait, survivors are in a locker/ran Distortion/are in range (CAMP)
    Damn, I have to camp because I don't know where anyone is (JUST WAIT)

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@JohnTed said:

@Shad03 said:

@JohnTed said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@JohnTed said:

Killer:
    Has to find survivor (LOOK THE CROWS)
    Has to down survivor (USING NURSE)
    Has to hook survivor
    Has to look around
    Oh wait, there's several ways to deny BBQ aura reading (THE THIRD SEAL)
    Oh wait, survivors are in a locker/ran Distortion/are in range (CAMP)
    Damn, I have to camp because I don't know where anyone is (JUST WAIT)

Senpai has noticed me uwu

This discussion has been closed.