The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Console Fps

Paiz
Paiz Member Posts: 81

I constantly see people saying console has really bad fps and you can't play killer with it, but i have an original xbox one and i get a good 30-40 fps as killer almost every match and 45 on survivor. Certain maps like haddonfield causes a small drop in fps on both sides but nowhere near unplayable. Am i the only one who thinks the fps isn't that bad?

Comments

• escape_plan
    escape_plan Member Posts: 104
    edited February 2019

how do you measure fps on console? i play on ps4pro, I don't know the fps, but seems to be acceptable on both sides.

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    I'm sick of playing on a Google presentation every other game...
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2019
    Nope. You’re not the only one. The game already has low FPS or in other words, not as smooth as PC. The FPS dropping even lower depends on the Killer’s Internet. Overall, this game needs optimization bad and the bugs need to hurry up and be fixed because this is ridiculous.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I have an Xbox One X and while the frame rate is definitely better than a standard Xbox, there are still serious dips at times. As killer, it often happens on Haddonfield, when there is a lot of fog, or when bloodlust kicks in. It also happens sometimes when I attack and try to spin my camera fast (I play on 85 sensitivity). As survivor it only happens when notifications pop up on screen, like Sloppy Butcher or Hexes. Also very noticeable on the menus, especially the event menu with all the fire work effects in the background.

I also noticed playing as killer last night that the draw distance has serious frame rate issues. I was playing Spirit on Ironworks, 1 was dead and I was hooking another on death hook. I saw the other 2 with BBQ on a gen across the map which they finished before I could get there. So I went up to the outside catwalk and was looking out into the distance to find them with a height advantage, and I saw that fog and crows were SERIOUSLY laggy. I wish I captured it, but it was like a slideshow. When I saw a survivor they didn't look nearly as choppy, but it was still not the best frame rate.

IDK maybe I'm used to playing games at a smooth 60 FPS with no hiccups, but sometimes this game can be really bad with frame rates. BHVR does need to optimize the game better for consoles, the X could easily run this game at like 120 FPS if it can run Gears 4 in 4k 60FPS.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@PinkEricka said:
    Nope. You’re not the only one. The game already has low FPS or in other words, not as smooth as PC. The FPS dropping even lower depends on the Killer’s Internet. Overall, this game needs optimization bad and the bugs need to hurry up and be fixed because this is ridiculous.

FPS has nothing to do with your connection. It is 100% the game. You can see it every time you get hit as survivor and the killer has Sloppy, or every time you get bloodlust as killer.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Whenever someone is hooked and I get a skill check, I fail. It lags baaadly.
  • Paiz

@thesuicidefox I know that being able to see the entire map from one viewpoint dips fps in a lot of games,but i think the crows and fog were laggy because they weren't fully rendered to save fps.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Paiz said:
    I constantly see people saying console has really bad fps and you can't play killer with it, but i have an original xbox one and i get a good 30-40 fps as killer almost every match and 45 on survivor. Certain maps like haddonfield causes a small drop in fps on both sides but nowhere near unplayable. Am i the only one who thinks the fps isn't that bad?

There are lower performance versions of console, you should know that

30 fps would be non-acceptable for me as PC player tbh :wink:

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

It's not constantly bad. Just certain times ie. gaining BL can drop frames sometimes

• Paiz

@Master said:
    30 fps would be non-acceptable for me as PC player tbh :wink:

I guess unplayable fps depends on what you're used to.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

@PinkEricka said:

FPS has nothing to do with your connection. It is 100% the game. You can see it every time you get hit as survivor and the killer has Sloppy, or every time you get bloodlust as killer.

@thesuicidefox YES. DRAG ME for stating the obvious and agreeing with them.
  • Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

@Might_Oakk said:
    It's not constantly bad. Just certain times ie. gaining BL can drop frames sometimes

Just certain times like, when just about to land a hit, when you're zeroing in with the chainsaw as Billy, when you're blinking, when the stupid Bloodlust VFX kicks in, when a survivor is juking, etc. All of them, trivial and unimportant times...

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

@Gorgonia said:

Same here. I do hope they fix these issues.

• Paiz

@IronKnight55 said:

@Gorgonia said:

No need to hope. By the time dedicated servers are out i can expect the fps to be higher for both sides and we'll look back at this thread and laugh.

hopefully

• Master

@Paiz said:

@IronKnight55 said:

@Gorgonia said:

No need to hope. By the time dedicated servers are out i can expect the fps to be higher for both sides and we'll look back at this thread and laugh.

hopefully

Why would dedicated servers improve local optimization?

• Paiz

@Master said:

@Paiz said:

@IronKnight55 said:

@Gorgonia said:

hopefully

I mean as updates come, eventually by the time dedicated servers are out the fps will be improved.

• Master

@Paiz said:

@Master said:

@Paiz said:

@IronKnight55 said:

@Gorgonia said:

hopefully

I mean as updates come, eventually by the time dedicated servers are out the fps will be improved.

Hah, you dont believe that yourself, do you?

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Play doctor on red forest if you think fps is fine on console.
  • rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475

@Yamaoka said:
    Play doctor on red forest if you think fps is fine on console.

Any killer on this map has issue with FPS.
    Particles from rain and too big map.
    It's bad if not the worst map or console.

• Gemasuda
    Gemasuda Member Posts: 70
    Please stop saying that consoles don’t need a FPS boost.  Do you seriously not want it to run better or are you just trolling?
  • Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    edited February 2019
    Playing on base ps4 survivor is good enough. Killer is not unplayable but the fps is not great and does make it easier for survivors to juke and escape.

I don't have any expectation now for improvements on console.
  • Paiz

@Gemasuda said:
    Please stop saying that consoles don’t need a FPS boost.  Do you seriously not want it to run better or are you just trolling?

I really never said that it didn't need an fps boost, i just said people make a big deal out of it when the fps isn't nearly as bad as people say it is. Yeah, its bad, but not unplayable.

• Paiz

@Paiz said:

@Master said:

@Paiz said:

@IronKnight55 said:

@Gorgonia said:

hopefully

_HOPEFULLY_

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Paiz said:

@Gemasuda said:

I really never said that it didn't need an fps boost, i just said people make a big deal out of it when the fps isn't nearly as bad as people say it is. Yeah, its bad, but not unplayable.

Personally I think the fps is "playable" but console lag spikes happen to often. That's where it clearly becomes unplayable. Sometimes when I play doctor and I shock and hit too quickly the frames will drop so low the screen almost freezes.
  • Paiz

@Yamaoka said:
    Paiz said:

@Gemasuda said:

Personally I think the fps is "playable" but console lag spikes happen to often. That's where it clearly becomes unplayable. Sometimes when I play doctor and I shock and hit too quickly the frames will drop so low the screen almost freezes.

The spikes are a big problem, but at least it happens on both sides sometimes. And don't forget, doctor is a walking ball of visual effects.