The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Exit Gates...

So, exit gates take the same amount of time that healing does now, both are 16 seconds. I think it should be a little longer, maybe 20 seconds. I don't know if this would interfere with any future endgame plans, but I think it's a top priority anyways.
If someone has leader and you have wake up, you can open the gates in ~10 seconds. The endgame can be very important for killer, so it's a small thing that would help.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Equip remember me?
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2019

Something needs to be done to slow them down.

Killer wins and the survivor gets a hatch free escape.
    Survivors win and open the gates insanely fast...gate is also survivor sided.
    Both outcomes favor the survivors whether they are losing or winning.

Honestly the gates need to take longer, be kickable to regress and eventually re close after a set amount of time and be forced to re open them.

If you are on the opposite side of the map the far gate is literally open before you get there even if you B-line it straight there as fast as you can.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

@Blueberry said:

Honestly the gates need to take longer, be kickable to regress and eventually re close after a set amount of time and be forced to re open them.

If you are on the opposite side of the map the far gate is literally open before you get there even if you B-line it straight there as fast as you can.

1 minute to escape when gates are open before they close, and have to reopen them again, and double the amount of time to reopen 32 seconds to open second time. Plus if you have 6 stacks of remember me adds to it every time.

• Gorgonia
    So, I have to run around the map doing gens, avoiding your ruin, avoiding your hits, your camping and tunneling yet I manage to finish all 5 gens but door needs to be nerfed because... I haven’t earned it?
    you got a lot of perks to help you gain advantage once all gens are finished, make better use of them. They even give you an opening time for gates that you can still alter with such perks but then again I should spend even way more time doing it so you can have a free kill. How about earning something once in a while?
  • OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637

@Blueberry said:

1 minute to escape when gates are open before they close, and have to reopen them again, and double the amount of time to reopen 32 seconds to open second time. Plus if you have 6 stacks of remember me adds to it every time.

I would agree but unfortunately you would give the survivor the ability to hold the game hostage by staying inside the gated area and letting them close while they haven't officially crossed the line, then you wouldn't even have the ability to chase them out 
  • AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

@Gorgonia said:
    So, I have to run around the map doing gens, avoiding your ruin, avoiding your hits, your camping and tunneling yet I manage to finish all 5 gens but door needs to be nerfed because... I haven’t earned it?
    you got a lot of perks to help you gain advantage once all gens are finished, make better use of them. They even give you an opening time for gates that you can still alter with such perks but then again I should spend even way more time doing it so you can have a free kill. How about earning something once in a while?

What made you earn a 16 second gate opening time? No one has "earned" anything here.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Jesus, just add the secondary objective..

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    20 seconds to open the gates but 5 minutes for the survivors to actually leave if you don't mess about running from one door to another to chase them out.

I'd be fine if they kept the doors as they are but changed that.
  • Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    Idk, I understand what everyone else is saying. But if you have to make no mistakes and be near perfect in gameplay to kill a majority of the survivors, then I'd say something isn't right here.
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

When people finally understand that the increasing the time for repairing a gen, healing or opening the exit gates doesn't really help a game...

• Gorgonia
    AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:

What made you earn a 16 second gate opening time? No one has "earned" anything here.

If you couldn’t kill me during the time I got to complete 5 gens, then you totally don’t deserve a kill, at least not mine, and I earned my escape. But then again you got NOED, you can cheese your way to 4k then
  • I_am_Negan

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    I_am_Negan said:

@Blueberry said:

I would agree but unfortunately you would give the survivor the ability to hold the game hostage by staying inside the gated area and letting them close while they haven't officially crossed the line, then you wouldn't even have the ability to chase them out 

If there inside and the gate closed just have it automatically force them out

• AntiJelly

@Gorgonia said:
    AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:

If you couldn’t kill me during the time I got to complete 5 gens, then you totally don’t deserve a kill, at least not mine, and I earned my escape. But then again you got NOED, you can cheese your way to 4k then

Well, I think you need to stop setting up a strawman here. I could use the same "YOU GENRUSHED AS SWF" strawman against you. If you deserved to escape, there wouldn't be an exit gate timer, you would just be able to leave. I'm saying if it's to stay as an objective, it should be treated as such.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@Gorgonia said:

I could literally take this entire shpeel and replace gates with the hatch. You think the hatch is "earned" when 3 of you died while failing to do your objective and the 4th guy escapes for free?

• Gorgonia
    Blueberry said:

@Gorgonia said:

I could literally take this entire shpeel and replace gates with the hatch. You think the hatch is "earned" when 3 of you died while failing to do your objective and the 4th guy escapes for free?

I don’t like the hatch.
  • OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Gardenia said:
    Idk, I understand what everyone else is saying. But if you have to make no mistakes and be near perfect in gameplay to kill a majority of the survivors, then I'd say something isn't right here.
    That's not the case though, I 3k majority of my killer matches at rank 1 with the spirit not every team is a depip squad and the survival rates being what they are proves it , then que the " That's because survivors are mostly potatoes and it's so easy to rank up anyway" line killers spew out there, ok so which is it then? Is it so easy to rank up anyone can make it? Or is it so hard you feel like you can't compete? Because there's some uncertainty within the killer base on which one it is they seem to use which ever fits their narrative at the moment
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Remembers that perks exist to counter exit speeds

• I_am_Negan

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@Gorgonia said:
    AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:

Prime example of an entitled survivor main. No one deserves anything. Yeah killers have NOED, but YOU have DS. So just sit down, shut up, and stop being so damn entitled.

• Gorgonia

@Gorgonia said:
    AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:

Prime example of an entitled survivor main. No one deserves anything. Yeah killers have NOED, but YOU have DS. So just sit down, shut up, and stop being so damn entitled.

I’m no survivor main and my poor Feng Min still doesn’t hace DS, but sure, keep whining and asking for free kills.
  • AntiJelly

@Gorgonia said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

@Gorgonia said:

AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:

I’m no survivor main and my poor Feng Min still doesn’t hace DS, but sure, keep whining and asking for free kills.

You're asking for free escapes then. You need to separate yourself from the worthless strawman of "deserving" kills and escapes. It's purely skill and luck. Nothing to do with who "deserves" it. It's your fault if you didn't manage the gates properly as a survivor, and it's your fault if you didn't stop the gates as killer. That's why I made this thread, because sometimes you cannot do anything about gates as killer.

• Gorgonia
    But you can. Freddy got 2 perks that work against that
  • AntiJelly

@Gorgonia said:
    But you can. Freddy got 2 perks that work against that

Do you think you should have to use a perk to be able to utilize an objective as killer?
    On the other side, do you think you should have to use perks to be able to escape the killer in a chase?
    Are either of these considered "skilled"?

• Gorgonia
    Neither class should depend on a perk to fulfill your objective, yet the gate is the survivor’s objective, not the killers. You got perks to impact on that objective negatively, like survivors got perks to speed up the gen repairing or sabo your hooks. If you choose to pick either you lose the chance of choosing some other perk. You can’t cover them all options. That’s where your playstyle comes in place. What will you pick? What will you sacrifice? How are you going to deal with your objective knowing you lack at certain point?
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Gorgonia said:
    Neither class should depend on a perk to fulfill your objective, yet the gate is the survivor’s objective, not the killers. You got perks to impact on that objective negatively, like survivors got perks to speed up the gen repairing or sabo your hooks. If you choose to pick either you lose the chance of choosing some other perk. You can’t cover them all options. That’s where your playstyle comes in place. What will you pick? What will you sacrifice? How are you going to deal with your objective knowing you lack at certain point?
    Gates actually are the final thing killers must defend it's literally the reason why you have to open them to escape. Besides if we're going the perk route survivors have perks to open the gates quicker too. Wake Up and leader.
  • Gorgonia
    Gorgonia said:
    Gates actually are the final thing killers must defend it's literally the reason why you have to open them to escape. Besides if we're going the perk route survivors have perks to open the gates quicker too. Wake Up and leader.
    If you look at it that way, yes, yet you can’t interact with it unless you use perks, on the contrary to gens. Camping a gate to avoid survivors from getting to it doesn’t seem to be the most reasonable way to defend it. Yet attacking and killing the survivors is. However, if you got to the point of having to defend the gate because you didn’t manage to end the game before, you do have perks to alleviate the process.
  • AntiJelly

@Gorgonia said:
    starkiller1286 said:

Gorgonia said:

If you look at it that way, yes, yet you can’t interact with it unless you use perks, on the contrary to gens. Camping a gate to avoid survivors from getting to it doesn’t seem to be the most reasonable way to defend it. Yet attacking and killing the survivors is. However, if you got to the point of having to defend the gate because you didn’t manage to end the game before, you do have perks to alleviate the process.

Using endgame perks is assuming defeat. What if you're using a normal killer build and run into a 4 man prove thyself SWF? You have no chance then, especially with 16 second gate times.

• Gorgonia
    AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:
    starkiller1286 said:

Gorgonia said:

Using endgame perks is assuming defeat. What if you're using a normal killer build and run into a 4 man prove thyself SWF? You have no chance then, especially with 16 second gate times.

Don’t assume every game is a 4man SWF with Prove thyself. In fact, out of 10 games, less than 5 actually make it to the gates.
  • AntiJelly

@Gorgonia said:
    AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:

starkiller1286 said:

Gorgonia said:

Don’t assume every game is a 4man SWF with Prove thyself. In fact, out of 10 games, less than 5 actually make it to the gates.

That's true. But I'm saying what if? Game balance always takes into consideration the highest skill level first.

• Gorgonia
    AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:
    AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:

starkiller1286 said:

Gorgonia said:

That's true. But I'm saying what if? Game balance always takes into consideration the highest skill level first.

If you were facing such swf group you would get stomped, or not... 
  • AntiJelly

@Gorgonia said:
    AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:

AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:

starkiller1286 said:

Gorgonia said: Neither class should depend on a perk to fulfill your objective, yet the gate is the survivor’s objective, not the killers. You got perks to impact on that objective negatively, like survivors got perks to speed up the gen repairing or sabo your hooks. If you choose to pick either you lose the chance of choosing some other perk. You can’t cover them all options. That’s where your playstyle comes in place. What will you pick? What will you sacrifice? How are you going to deal with your objective knowing you lack at certain point? Gates actually are the final thing killers must defend it's literally the reason why you have to open them to escape. Besides if we're going the perk route survivors have perks to open the gates quicker too. Wake Up and leader.

Well now you're just copping out

• Gorgonia
    AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:
    AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:

AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:

starkiller1286 said:

Gorgonia said: Neither class should depend on a perk to fulfill your objective, yet the gate is the survivor’s objective, not the killers. You got perks to impact on that objective negatively, like survivors got perks to speed up the gen repairing or sabo your hooks. If you choose to pick either you lose the chance of choosing some other perk. You can’t cover them all options. That’s where your playstyle comes in place. What will you pick? What will you sacrifice? How are you going to deal with your objective knowing you lack at certain point? Gates actually are the final thing killers must defend it's literally the reason why you have to open them to escape. Besides if we're going the perk route survivors have perks to open the gates quicker too. Wake Up and leader.

Well now you're just copping out

The game won’t make everyone happy. That’s a fact. Hopefully it will be as balanced as possible but they can’t please us all.
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Gates are 20 seconds yes? Not 16?

• AntiJelly

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    Gates are 20 seconds yes? Not 16?

They've been 16 seconds for quite a while. I believe it's somewhere in the 1.9.0 patch notes.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:
    AntiJelly said:

@Gorgonia said:

Well, I think you need to stop setting up a strawman here. I could use the same "YOU GENRUSHED AS SWF" strawman against you. If you deserved to escape, there wouldn't be an exit gate timer, you would just be able to leave. I'm saying if it's to stay as an objective, it should be treated as such.

You know what a strawman is right?
    You just end up with another stand off to complain about, I just watched the end game with 2 survivors avoiding the gates because they didn’t want to get killed, while Myers was
    running between them both, 15 mins until one eventually got caught and the other had found the hatch by then, adding extra time as standard will not really effect survivors but will get killers complaining. I can see the posts now about survivors holding game hostage because they won’t go to open the gates, the reason they have 2 in the first place.

you can use perks to add time to this if the end game is that important for you, if it’s not important enough for a perk slot it’s not important enough to implement it into a survivor as standard