The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

"Play With Your Food" Rework Idea!

AntiJelly
AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

Current PWYF:

You become obsessed with one Survivor.
Every time you chase your Obsession and let them escape, you receive a Token up to a maximum of 3 Tokens.
Each Token increases your movement speed by 3/4/5%.
Each offensive action spends one Token.

Reworked PWYF:

You become obsessed with one Survivor.
Every time you injure a Survivor, receive a token, up to a maximum of 3 tokens.
Each token increases your movement speed by 3/4/5%.
Each time you put a Survivor into the Dying State, you lose 1 token.

Your Obsession's movement speed is increased by 5%.

Thoughts?

Post edited by AntiJelly on

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I think making the tokens tier-based, as opposed to the movement speed buff, is a bad idea. Other than that, sounds good, in theory.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

But this have nothing to do with the obsession...

• Orion

@Ihatelife said:

Well, yeah, the idea is to make the perk useful.

• AntiJelly
    edited February 2019

@Orion said:
    I think making the tokens tier-based, as opposed to the movement speed buff, is a bad idea. Other than that, sounds good, in theory.

I think it would allow a little more freedom in the play style by only removing tokens if you put someone in the dying state. You could remain in the chase and go for the down with the extra 5% movement speed, or tag people and get the 15% total.

EDIT: Also yeah, I was a little iffy on what should've been the tier

• Ihatelife

@Orion said:

@Ihatelife said:

Yes, it's pretty useless now, but all three perks of the myers are focused to get benefits from the obsession...

• AntiJelly

@Ihatelife said:

@Orion said:

@Ihatelife said:

Yes, it's pretty useless now, but all three perks of the myers are focused to get benefits from the obsession...

Um, and what about STBFL?

• Orion

@AntiJelly said:

@Orion said:

I think it would allow a little more freedom in the play style by only removing tokens if you put someone in the dying state. You could remain in the chase and go for the down with the extra 5% movement speed, or tag people and get the 15% total.

I'm not sure if you understood me. I was speaking of the perk's tier. By making it so PWYF I can only give one token would make that tier useless. The same thing happened with other perks, like NOED.

• AntiJelly

@Orion said:

@AntiJelly said:

@Orion said:

I'm not sure if you understood me. I was speaking of the perk's tier. By making it so PWYF I can only give one token would make that tier useless. The same thing happened with other perks, like NOED.

No, no, I understand what you meant. I just thought maybe the tiered aspect should've been changed, like how they did STBFL. But I guess the tiered movement speed would be better.

• Ihatelife

@AntiJelly said:

@Ihatelife said:

@Orion said:

@Ihatelife said:

You get the tokens from hitting a survivors with the base attacks, but to make this perk to actually work you must ignore the obsession to made this perk work effectively.

In your rework this perk is just changing the survivor into the obsession. Your obsession doesn't get any nerfs or benefits from it and vice versa.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    The Clown would love it for sure. Don't know if many of you know it, but a single bottle throw is considered an "offensive action", taking a token away. He's the one killer on whom PWYF is the most useless by far.
  • Orion

@George_Soros said:
    The Clown would love it for sure. Don't know if many of you know it, but a single bottle throw is considered an "offensive action", taking a token away. He's the one killer on whom PWYF is the most useless by far.

All powers are considered "offensive actions", for whatever reason. It used to be that only actually offensive actions were considered as such.

• AntiJelly

@Ihatelife said:

@AntiJelly said:

@Ihatelife said:

@Orion said:

@Ihatelife said:

You get the tokens from hitting a survivors with the base attacks, but to make this perk to actually work you must ignore the obsession to made this perk work effectively.

In your rework this perk is just changing the survivor into the obsession. Your obsession doesn't get any nerfs or benefits from it and vice versa.

Okay, I put something in the rework for you. Whaddya think?

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

It would be broken. Though the perk is rather useless, this version is overpowered af.

There are killers like the legion. He would basically walk with bloodlust 3 almost all the time with 125% ms. There are many other problems like hag and nurse, hillbilly etc.

I don't see this rework being successful tbh.

• AntiJelly

@Delfador said:
    It would be broken. Though the perk is rather useless, this version is overpowered af.

There are killers like the legion. He would basically walk with bloodlust 3 almost all the time with 125% ms. There are many other problems like hag and nurse, hillbilly etc.

I don't see this rework being successful tbh.

Okay. Say, the perk doesn't work on Legion. What do you think is wrong then?

• AntiJelly

@EntityDispleased said:
    This would be pretty broken imo. Even if the obsession got a 5% speed increase, it's still fairly easy to start and cut chases with them regardless of their speed. This would also screw over the other 3 survivors and chases will end in seconds.

hmmm. perhaps. What would you change?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

I like the rework idea, but change it to injuring the obsession

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Orion said:

@George_Soros said:

All powers are considered "offensive actions", for whatever reason. It used to be that only actually offensive actions were considered as such.

Not exactly though, I believe cloaking/uncloaking is not, while using a chainsaw is considered an offensive action, regardless of hit or miss (correct me if wrong though). Just for example.
    To be honest, I feel OP's suggestion would be somewhat... well, OP. But there has to be some middle ground.