The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is cross-platform going to be a reality in the future?

It would help the queue times a bit, and experience a wider variety of players
What do you think?

Comments

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    PS4/Xbox won't happen.

Console/PC is possible but not sure it would be a good idea for console players. Getting 360'd by someone with a mouse & keyboard and double the framerate wouldn't be a good experience.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@LCGaster said:
    I think it's a bad idea. PC and console are just too different, and console needs to be optimized first if they did want to

Console players claim that they are as competitive as PC, so I dont see a problem with this

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

It's unlikely. Keyboard and mouse provide too much of an advantage.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Not likely with ps4.
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

No

15frames controller and 60 frames m+k

Optimize console and add m+k support first (which will never happen)

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2019
    Master said:

@LCGaster said:
    I think it's a bad idea. PC and console are just too different, and console needs to be optimized first if they did want to

Console players claim that they are as competitive as PC, so I dont see a problem with this

To @Master @Orionsaid:

don’t even need to retype this.
  • Master

@PinkEricka said:
    Master said:

@LCGaster said:

To @Master @Orion said:

Fortnite has cross platform too and the difference between mouse and controller is way bigger in a FPS shooter

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Orion said:

You act if this is dark souls where the difference between controller and m+kb is insane.
    There is an advantage yes, but it's very low in DbD compared to other games. Other games are doing that aswell and the control mechanics are way more complex than in dbd.

Furthermore, m+kb support is already announced for xbox and there are already verified hardware to use it, it's just a matter of time till Sony will do the same.

Also, every game with crossplay ability has the option for the individual to decide if he wants to use this feature, same would be with DbD.
  • Orion

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    You act if this is dark souls where the difference between controller and m+kb is insane.
    There is an advantage yes, but it's very low in DbD compared to other games. Other games are doing that aswell and the control mechanics are way more complex than in dbd.

Furthermore, m+kb support is already announced for xbox and there are already verified hardware to use it, it's just a matter of time till Sony will do the same.

Also, every game with crossplay ability has the option for the individual to decide if he wants to use this feature, same would be with DbD.

No, I just said it's unlikely (my opinion) because keyboard and mouse provide a big advantage (a fact). The advantage inherent to keyboard and mouse has little to do with the complexity of the controls, but rather precision and sensitivity.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@Master said:

@LCGaster said:

The problem is that it is console, we have worse fps than PC, and we don't use mouse & keyboard

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Orion said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

No, I just said it's unlikely (my opinion) because keyboard and mouse provide a big advantage (a fact). The advantage inherent to keyboard and mouse has little to do with the complexity of the controls, but rather precision and sensitivity.

Erase "big" and we are good.
    Precision? Learn to aim, any shooter requires more precision than DbD.
    Sensitivity? An issue that the devs could fix with 1 line of coding (but somehow still refuse to change it).
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Not likely with ps4.
    Yeah Sony just doesn't like the idea for whatever reason....
  • Bravo0413
    If bhvr were too finally put out some  optimization patches then I would be all for this... I mean come on it would solve the Queue times... 
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018
    edited February 2019

@Bravo0413 said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

Not likely with ps4.

I don't know why, they are literally the same console, but different creators, pure greed kills communities

• Orion

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Erase "big" and we are good.
    Precision? Learn to aim, any shooter requires more precision than DbD.
    Sensitivity? An issue that the devs could fix with 1 line of coding (but somehow still refuse to change it).

I would, but then the statement would be less accurate.
    Controllers are bad for aiming. Even with aim assist, top console FPS players were being demolished by average PC FPS players. Look it up.
    Sensitivity is not that easy to fix. Sensitivity essentially means that a movement of X mm in the device will result in a movement of Y pixels on your screen. However, whereas a joystick's movement is restricted by the physical device, a mouse can potentially move as much as your desk allows. Furthermore, due to the physical limitations of the human body, a joystick requires more movement on your behalf before it registers a difference in the stick's position. Mice don't have this problem because they're heavy, so the normal muscle spasms in your hand are less significant.
    So, if you increase sensitivity on a joystick too much or too little, a single touch and you're spinning the camera around at the speed of sound or not at all. If you do it on a mouse, you can still make short, precise movements, or long (and equally precise) movements.

Joysticks are simply not as good as mice when it comes to aiming precision. That's the truth, supported by experience.

• Orion

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Bravo0413 said:

I don't know why, they are literally the same console, but different creators, pure greed kills communities

Their thinking is that people will buy their console and then get all their friends to buy it as well. This probably stems from Japanese culture's emphasis on homogeneity. In reality, people - at least in the foreign market - will simply buy the console that offers more options.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Orion said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Bravo0413 said:

Their thinking is that people will buy their console and then get all their friends to buy it as well. This probably stems from Japanese culture's emphasis on homogeneity. In reality, people - at least in the foreign market - will simply buy the console that offers more options.

Oh, but that is still strange, it would be easily simple just to allow people to play with their friends that play ps4 or xbox one, the only differences are that one side has backwards compatibility and the other does not

• Orion

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Orion said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Bravo0413 said:

Oh, but that is still strange, it would be easily simple just to allow people to play with their friends that play ps4 or xbox one, the only differences are that one side has backwards compatibility and the other does not

I won't pretend to understand the logic behind it, it's just my best guess to justify their thinking.

• Master

@Bravo0413 said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

Not likely with ps4.

They liked it in rocketleauge though, fortnite has cros platform too

• Master

@Orion said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Bravo0413 said:

With that logic, there would be no consoles, only PCs :smile:

• Orion

@Master said:

@Orion said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Bravo0413 said:

With that logic, there would be no consoles, only PCs :smile:

Console gaming is more common in Japan, compared to PC.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Master said:

@PinkEricka said:
    Master said:

@LCGaster said:

To @Master @Orion said:

Fortnite has cross platform too and the difference between mouse and controller is way bigger in a FPS shooter

@Master 360’ing and way better FPS, not the game in general. That’s the problem. Console can 360 too but you have to actually learn how to do it and you can’t do it efficiently as PC.
  • Bravo0413
    Master said:

@Bravo0413 said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

Not likely with ps4.

They liked it in rocketleauge though, fortnite has cros platform too

Yes they eventually let it happen but they rejected it for awhile... they dont like it for whatever reason