The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

About the new event hotfix

Increased Killer event points
Points for hooking a Survivor: From 2 to 3
Points for destroying a Lunar Vessel: From 3 to 4
These points will be live but not be reflected visually in the event menu “Objectives” details until the patch arrives.
This solves nothing and the reason is the killer still get less just make so when you kill the survivor by hooking him/her you get all the point you can get or keep the way is now and add if you get 4K (hooks only) get all the point you will get from hooking them 3 times.

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    As always: baby steps when it's something that affects killers. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tsulan said:

Of course

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

@Tsulan said:

But they never do baby steps for the survivors and besides the killer still will not take the same point as one survivor because you will need 5 events offering to do that

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@DarkGGhost said:

@Tsulan said:

But they never do baby steps for the survivors and besides the killer still will not take the same point as one survivor because you will need 5 events offering to do that

I think his point is that when it comes to killers, we will always get the slower balance updates while survivors take the giant steps.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

As much as it sucks, they can not boost killer event points that much because we would end in a situation similar to the Hallowed blight one, everyone playing killer lobby sim.

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495

As much as it sucks, they can not boost killer event points that much because we would end in a situation similar to the Hallowed blight one, everyone playing killer lobby sim.

True
  • Tsulan

@Tsulan said:

Killer can get 36 points for a perfect 4 kill. Where he hooks everyone 3 times, no one suicides and no one disconnects. 
    Plus the points for the lanterns. If no one makes an offering its 8 points for 2 destroyed lanterns. 

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I doubt that this will increase the killer population. 
  • Shad03

@Condorloco_26 said:

Doesn't have to be much. Hooks could be five points each, destruction could be 10/15. Survivors still would get the better deal but killers wouldn't feel the sting as badly.

• Tsulan

Killer who is playing alone is supposed to play perfectly. Survivors don't even have to touch a gen and still get full points if they are alive while a gen is repaired. 

That's the big problem. 
    Survivors can be lazy and get full points. 
  • Condorloco_26

@Shad03 said:

Doesn't have to be much. Hooks could be five points each, destruction could be 10/15. Survivors still would get the better deal but killers wouldn't feel the sting as badly.

I think that would be too much actually. 5 points a hook would result in 60 points total considering 12 hooks. Plus 1 or 2 lanterns, an additional 10 or 20 points? Killer lobby sim 2019

• Shad03

@Condorloco_26 said:

@Shad03 said:

I think that would be too much actually. 5 points a hook would result in 60 points total considering 12 hooks. Plus 1 or 2 lanterns, an additional 10 or 20 points? Killer lobby sim 2019

True, I didn't do the math. But while I did make a mistake, you've also assumed that it will ever get to that point. Some people (me) forget that lanterns exist/can't find a lantern. So 3-4 per hook and 7-8 per destruction? I dunno. Math is not my forte.

• Condorloco_26

@Tsulan said:

Killer who is playing alone is supposed to play perfectly. Survivors don't even have to touch a gen and still get full points if they are alive while a gen is repaired. 

That's the big problem. 
    Survivors can be lazy and get full points. 

You're right about this, no way around it. But the way I deal with it is thinking I get to play more matches in an hour, compared to playing as a survivor. In the end though, survivors still get more points, but maybe half the playtime.

• Condorloco_26

@Shad03 said:

True, I didn't do the math. But while I did make a mistake, you've also assumed that it will ever get to that point. Some people (me) forget that lanterns exist/can't find a lantern. So 3-4 per hook and 7-8 per destruction? I dunno. Math is not my forte.

Yeah I don't even bother with the lanterns now. Not worth the loss of pressure, and I can't even find the damn things. Maybe those 7 - 8 points would encourage looking for them.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Progression will be slightly higher which miiiight entice more killers to play, so that's something?

• Tsulan
    se05239 said:

Progression will be slightly higher which miiiight entice more killers to play, so that's something?

Yeah sure...
    Wanna bet? The hotfix won't improve survivor queues. 
  • DarkGGhost

@Tsulan said:
    se05239 said:

Yeah sure...

The only way to make Q time faster is eithe give the killers way more point for the event or make it harder for the survivors

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I wanted 1 cosmetic out of this and I got it so I don't need to play Survivor for points anymore. This has no effect on me but I agree with everyone here, it's a small step that may or may not work, I'm leaning towards may not.

They just need to stop making these events competitive, these events seperate the community and Survivors abuse the mechanics as much as possible to win and the Killers ALWAYS lose out on points. We have Survivors who run into corners so we can't take them to Event hooks and now we have Survivors who insta-save and steal the lantern the moment it respawns and if someone dies you don't have enough time to get the lantern, it's BS. These events need to change into a balanced fair game so everyone can win, that's not asymmetrical I know but in the events I don't think it should be.

• Tsulan

@Tsulan said:
    se05239 said:

Yeah sure...

The only way to make Q time faster is eithe give the killers way more point for the event or make it harder for the survivors

Correct. But the second one will never happen, because of survivors and their pitchforks. 
  • SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    I'll just share this with you guys..

https://youtu.be/tMqC8j9smqk
  • DarkGGhost

@SpaceCoconut said:
    I'll just share this with you guys..

yes i see i already and he right about it

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Tsulan said:
    se05239 said:

Yeah sure...

I am not a betting man. My dices only roll bad.