The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Weekly Camping Complaining Thread

Due to the regularity of some of the posts I thought i'd take it upon myself to post a weekly camping thread, I'll do one for SWF on Wednesdays and another one for generic complaints on Thursday.

Camping...tactic or legit breaking of the game omg

Comments

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

Shame I quite like a good BBQ

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Camping is a laughable strategy. It works against solos but It will never get a single kill against SWF. All survivors have to do is take turns in the hook until exit gates are open, then save the last guy with BT and that's it.

I never teabag because I play both killer and survivor but I always teabag against people who camp when there are more than 1 gens to be done, and it's so nice tbh :chuffed:
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tsulan said:
    shrugs
    BBQ nerf. What did people expect?

You cant expect survivors to use their brain :smile:

• Master

WEEKLY CAMPING COMPLAINING REACTION

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    Tsulan said:
    *shrugs*
    And before BBQ nerf the amount of camping wasn’t an issue. Right?
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    antgnstea said:
    Tsulan said:
    *shrugs*
    Let's see. 
    BBQs aura reading exits only to lead killers away from the hook.

Before the introduction of BBQ, complaints about camping were filling the first 2 pages of the steam forum. 
    After the introduction those complaints disappeared. 

With the gradual nerf of BBQ those complaints are coming back. What could possibly be the cause?!
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Master said:

I love that meme.

• Master

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

I love that meme.

Yes its awesome :smile:

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I never Facecamp but damn right I'm going to patrol the hook if I don't see anyone on BBQ, I have to assume someone is close by waiting for the save, It'd be stupid to go off into nowhere for no reason and give a free hook save.
    Blame the Devs for all the BBQ nerfs.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

You need to do "Ruleset 2 should be base kit for Pig" threads on Friday.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    Camping is technically considered part of gameplay and you can’t report someone over it. It can definitely be countered in many ways if people decide to work together or have borrowed time.

Camping harms the killer more though because everyone else has more of a chance to do generators safely for a short period until the person. Which is why I always struggle all the way if I am being camped; gives my team more time for gens.

Unless it’s situational like the gates are open or something. After that it’s understandable.
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    I camped only once today, was in a bad map vs a SWF group that I had a feeling were gonna be trouble, sure enough they were a handful.  Got one guy down n hooked used a Cypress Mori for shits n giggles and for Trophy progress, ofc the game kept making it so I couldn't perform the Mori for a few seconds (kept making me swing instead for some reason despite the prompt and me holding the button down).

So that time gave enough for the rest to work on a couple Gens, found a second guy and he teabagged spammed opposite a Pallet and tried to Firecracker blind me (failed) I detest these type of players and decided I'll settle for a 2k and the Teabagging Jeff & I could have a nice sitdown together. ^_^ 

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    Tsulan said:
    antgnstea said:
    Tsulan said:
    *shrugs*
    Let's see. 

Before the introduction of BBQ, complaints about camping were filling the first 2 pages of the steam forum. 

With the gradual nerf of BBQ those complaints are coming back. What could possibly be the cause?!
    That’s what I was asking actually. Did they really disappeared after BBQ introduced. Because I could swear I read and write about how camping ruins the experience as survivor before this locker adjustment. Maybe my memory serves me wrong. 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    antgnstea said:
    Tsulan said:
    antgnstea said:
    Tsulan said:
    *shrugs*
    Let's see. 

That’s what I was asking actually. Did they really disappeared after BBQ introduced. Because I could swear I read and write about how camping ruins the experience as survivor before this locker adjustment. Maybe my memory serves me wrong. 
    There have been other aura nerfs before the locker change.
    There are also some people that complain about a camping killer, when the gates are open. But the amount of complaints has been significantly lower.