The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So are the sounds still bugged to this day or are the way they should be?

Was curious if the sounds for like breathing or footsteps are still bugged. I am a killer main and back then when Michael was released I could tell sounds were louder and better than today they are more quiet, I haft to have my sound to 100 volume if i want to really hear it but that's just me. It would be cool to see them update the sounds more towards breathing maybe or something? :)<3

Comments

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Just the other day I asked myself that same question and started playing Spirit again.

I didnt have any problem tracking survivors, I play without Stridor/Predator btw. So yh, I think sound is pretty good now.
  • xP3nnyWize
    xP3nnyWize Member Posts: 282

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    Just the other day I asked myself that same question and started playing Spirit again.

I didnt have any problem tracking survivors, I play without Stridor/Predator btw. So yh, I think sound is pretty good now.

Fair enough when it comes to footsteps. I just remember exactly hearing breathing really well when you were inside or not even inside sometimes from farther away, it was scary and nice but oh well.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    When I waa playing as the pig one survivor complained saying I was hacking voice commands because my ambush attacks were silent. Don't know what he meant but still I'm getting accused of stuff I didn't do because he is a moron.
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    I think they are still buggy 
  • xP3nnyWize
    Paddy4583 said:
    I think they are still buggy 
    Yeah same 
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235
    edited February 2019
    Never have been properly fixed after the first egine update, im not expecting them to be "fixed" after the last one.

The first time i heard a survivor breathe was when i first tried out a survivor myself.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

They're still a bit buggy but much better compared to how they were a few weeks ago. You can actually hear grass rustle and footsteps from running survivors now.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Haddonfield seems to indicate they aren't completely ironed out.
  • xP3nnyWize
    Never have been properly fixed after the first egine update, im not expecting them to be "fixed" after the last one.

The first time i heard a survivor breathe was when i first tried out a survivor myself.
    Yeah same I barely can’t hesr breathing like I used to though.
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I don't think they're fixed no.
    They added back footsteps after a long time, not to the point what they used to be but if you listen very closely you can hear them when the survivors on concrete or wood.
    One thing I did notice is that if a survivor is behind a wall their noises get considerably more quiet, I don't now if this has always been the case.

As it is now, I'd say don't rely on sound it's too hard to judge. It's a shame because some killers rely on it heavily.

• xP3nnyWize

@Bongbingbing said:
    They added back footsteps after a long time, not to the point what they used to be but if you listen very closely you can hear them when the survivors on concrete or wood.
    One thing I did notice is that if a survivor is behind a wall their noises get considerably more quiet, I don't now if this has always been the case.

As it is now, I'd say don't rely on sound it's too hard to judge. It's a shame because some killers rely on it heavily.

Yeah sadly I'm one of them I really rely on it when there is 1 last survivor for hatch and your looking for them and want to use your ears to hear if they are hiding.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Sounds are horrible......

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

@xP3nnyWize said:

@Bongbingbing said:

Yeah sadly I'm one of them I really rely on it when there is 1 last survivor for hatch and your looking for them and want to use your ears to hear if they are hiding.

Yeah it's tough. and honestly strange since one of the loading screen notes says that DBD is a game of sound :lol:

• xP3nnyWize

@xP3nnyWize said:

@Bongbingbing said:

Yeah it's tough. and honestly strange since one of the loading screen notes says that DBD is a game of sound :lol:

Yeah I know haha xD