The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Destroying Vessels

The timer for destroying vessels seems like it's messed up. There are times where it seems to last a good 30 seconds, and times where it seems to last 5 seconds. I had just hooked someone and it took me about 10 seconds to get to the vessel , as soon as I got there it changed colors and was unbreakable again. This is another reason I don't like playing killer for this event.

Comments

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    You can only break one lantern per hooking and someone on death hook only counts as being on it for a short time. I'm also pretty sure the Survivor getting saved resets the lanterns pretty quick too.
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Jplanas98 said:

The timer for destroying vessels seems like it's messed up. There are times where it seems to last a good 30 seconds, and times where it seems to last 5 seconds. I had just hooked someone and it took me about 10 seconds to get to the vessel , as soon as I got there it changed colors and was unbreakable again. This is another reason I don't like playing killer for this event.

I believe the timer stops if another survivor takes a lamp. At leat that’s what seems to happen from what I’ve seen.

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    You can only break one lantern per hooking and someone on death hook only counts as being on it for a short time. I'm also pretty sure the Survivor getting saved resets the lanterns pretty quick too.
    This isnt true. I've smashed multiple per one hook. But i do believe when the survivor gets saved/dies on hook it reverts back to yellow.
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    edited February 2019
    The timer for unhooked survivors is roughly until the indicator starts to fade. For deathhook survivors it's about 3 to 5 seconds.
  • Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

@LegitAdventurer said:
    Tzeentchling9 said:

This isnt true. I've smashed multiple per one hook. But i do believe when the survivor gets saved/dies on hook it reverts back to yellow.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I've had lanterns within LOS and they turn as soon as you smash the other. It was also said on the launch stream that you could only smash one per hook.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    How come when a survivor is sacrificed you get X seconds to destroy the vessel? Butnwhen a survivor is sacrificed it takes Y seconds for the hatch to open?

The hatch opens after you hear the final sound of the sacrifice, I think the vessel timer should have been the same as that but for some reason tjey mafe it shorter.
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Vessels are only destructible for as long as a Survivor is hooked. Once they are unhooked or die, the Vessels turn white again rather quickly.
  • Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

I've had a few times where the survivor is still hooked but the lantern still changes almost immediately when I get to it.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

@Jplanas98 said:
    I've had a few times where the survivor is still hooked but the lantern still changes almost immediately when I get to it.

possibly the survivor is unhooked, or dies while you are on the way there. That or you've taken too long to haul ass over there! :)