The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

High ranks/red ranks

So I just recently got back into high ranks as killer after dreading it for so long. Does anyone else notice you gotta play kinda dirty in these ranks? Like I notice myself having to patrol the recently hooked guy more than I can leave because there's always someone around the corner waiting to unhook. I try to chase them off but lo and behold there's another survivor right there. I don't want to play this way but with the way they try to unhook I kinda have to. Then I get salt thrown at me left and right for doing exactly what they're forcing me to do. Idk man I use BBQ and I only see one guy and he's running towards the hook. Either people have gotten extremely altruistic or kinda fricking dumb. Has high ranks really dropped that badly?

Comments

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637

So I just recently got back into high ranks as killer after dreading it for so long. Does anyone else notice you gotta play kinda dirty in these ranks? Like I notice myself having to patrol the recently hooked guy more than I can leave because there's always someone around the corner waiting to unhook. I try to chase them off but lo and behold there's another survivor right there. I don't want to play this way but with the way they try to unhook I kinda have to. Then I get salt thrown at me left and right for doing exactly what they're forcing me to do. Idk man I use BBQ and I only see one guy and he's running towards the hook. Either people have gotten extremely altruistic or kinda fricking dumb. Has high ranks really dropped that badly?

They expect you to play into these made up bullshit rules about not camping, tunneling, etc..I play as dirty as I have to , to get the job done. If they want to make the mistake of hook rushing that's their own problem. I've noticed alot of high ranks don't always care whether they die or not it seems, they will just go in for the save even if it's a insidious LF and they know it is. If they wouldn't feed the playstyles they complain about they wouldn't happen in the first place but just the opinion I've formed
  • Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Captain_Spaulding said:

They expect you to play into these made up bullshit rules about not camping, tunneling, etc..I play as dirty as I have to , to get the job done. If they want to make the mistake of hook rushing that's their own problem. I've noticed alot of high ranks don't always care whether they die or not it seems, they will just go in for the save even if it's a insidious LF and they know it is. If they wouldn't feed the playstyles they complain about they wouldn't happen in the first place but just the opinion I've formed

I just get so tired of being flamed even if I drop a gg and exit I still catch some snide remark about ######### or noob ez babykiller and all that. I get tired of slugging for the 4k so I just let one go and stand around and wait. That one person will then say how he's the best and I lost blah blah blah. I don't get this kinda stuff from rank 8-15. I just don't understand peoples mentality in this game where they feel the need to be the best of the best. Just play and have fun, right? Not in these ranks =/

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

At red ranks people like points and pips, so they all compete for the unhook hence why they're all in position straight away.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Captain_Spaulding said:

I just get so tired of being flamed even if I drop a gg and exit I still catch some snide remark about [BAD WORD] or noob ez babykiller and all that. I get tired of slugging for the 4k so I just let one go and stand around and wait. That one person will then say how he's the best and I lost blah blah blah. I don't get this kinda stuff from rank 8-15. I just don't understand peoples mentality in this game where they feel the need to be the best of the best. Just play and have fun, right? Not in these ranks =/

Yep that's exactly why I keep my settings to where only my friends can message me , thank God PS4 doesn't have post chat , you know there's a mountain of salt when you get a friend request with a message in it just to be able to trash talk you lol I normally don't reply but if I did it would be to tell them that if my skills were that bad what does that say about him or his friends that are getting scraped up off of (insert map here) right now 
  • Captain_Spaulding

@The_Crusader said:
    At red ranks people like points and pips, so they all compete for the unhook hence why they're all in position straight away.

I get that and I do too but can't they play sensibly at the same time? They just force me to play scummy and I hate it. I've even started running the dreaded NOED just because I know it's gonna get that far because they have two in position around hooks and I'M the bad guy here. On that note is depipping still bad? Cause I just wanna not have to deal with this anymore and play to have fun.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    no. I see the same 4heads in red ranks as I do green ranks. same goes for seeing the same good players in red ranks as I do green ranks, and I don't just mean right after rank reset
  • Captain_Spaulding

That's why I usually wait and then rank up cause other wise I just go against the really good people but you'd think the dumdums get weeded out pretty quickly even if they rank up quickly during rank reset. I guess not anymore lol. I just dunno.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Captain_Spaulding said:

Depends on the killer you are playing, with nurse you can play differently too.
    Yes piping is so easy that even a beginner survivor easily reaches rank 1 in his first month, no problem at all