The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Shouldn’t destroying lanterns be worth 12 points?

If a survivor leaves with a lantern they get 25 points. If there are 2 default lanterns, then it would be reasonable that destroying them should be worth about the same. 

If if they were worth 12 a piece or even just 10, I would also think this would alleviate survivor queue times too. 

Comments

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Killer points would go through the roof then and everyone would play killer causing the queue times to become 20 minutes long.
  • pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Killer points would go through the roof then and everyone would play killer causing the queue times to become 20 minutes long.
    Fair point. 
  • DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

Can only break 1 and you get 25 points done

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

If all five players in the round use Red Envelopes then the killer can get 84 points on destroying the vessels alone. If the killer hooks all survivors three times then they’d get 36 points. A perfect round for a killer would be 120 points while a survivors would only be 45. Not very fair, plus the queue time for survivor is super long already...at least it is for me and I play solo.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

@MegMain98 said:
    If all five players in the round use Red Envelopes then the killer can get 84 points on destroying the vessels alone. If the killer hooks all survivors three times then they’d get 36 points. A perfect round for a killer would be 120 points while a survivors would only be 45. Not very fair, plus the queue time for survivor is super long already...at least it is for me and I play solo.

Yes but this is the most perfect case scenario and you rarely see it and besides where the people the survivors only need to stay alive and then escape with the vessel but the killers ( right now) need to hook then in the time they have fins and destroy the vessels ( one per hook) and do it again in hope of getting that 45 is all play perfect.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@The_Crusader said:

Whats the problem with that?
    Seems like the other way around is ok

• The_Crusader

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

why do you always have to be like that?

And no having 20 minute long killer queue times wouldn't be good as Hallowed Blight proved. They're increasing killer points now so that survivor queue times aren't as long.

• Master

@The_Crusader said:

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

And no having 20 minute long killer queue times wouldn't be good as Hallowed Blight proved. They're increasing killer points now so that survivor queue times aren't as long.

I always love using arguments for the exact opposite :wink:
    So its fine to have 20 min survivor queues, but on killer side its a nono?

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

I’ve never had an issue getting survivors in my lobby as a killer. However I usually get pretty long wait times as a survivor even when playing solo.

The killer and survivor points earned during a match isn’t even THAT big of a gap. If killers got 12 points for vessels that would be an extreme amount of points. A perfect round would be 120 points. It would make nobody play survivor

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

i know but unfortunately some people never get the message

• The_Crusader

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

Not sure what you're getting at.

survivor queues aren't fine either. That's why they've increased killer rewards. If you think it isn't enough, well they probably want to play it safe rather than risk pushing the balance the other way.

Survivor sounds better but I've found killer to be more consistent for this event.

If things don't change then perhaps they will change it even further.

• Master

@The_Crusader said:

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

Not sure what you're getting at.

survivor queues aren't fine either. That's why they've increased killer rewards. If you think it isn't enough, well they probably want to play it safe rather than risk pushing the balance the other way.

Survivor sounds better but I've found killer to be more consistent for this event.

If things don't change then perhaps they will change it even further.

Thats what im talking about. When it comes to changing stuff for survivor they always go full aboard, but when its changes for killer they always take babysteps.