The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I have a question about a perk?

How good is Thanatophobia perk on other killers is it good vs hex ruin? What one is better? THX

Best Answer

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Answer ✓

If you pair Thanatophobia with Sloppy Butcher I think it's actually a very good means to slow the game down. Sloppy makes healing a waste of time and forces survivors to stay injured if they want to optimize, and TP flips that and forces them to heal if they want to be optimal. It's a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" kind of situation. Once you get 2 injured it starts to actually make a difference, and if you get 3 or 4 injured it can REALLY slow the game. With Sloppy it's a lot easier to get that many survivors injured, and if they end up healing through it you still win as killer because they are wasting time healing.

TP also has a psychological effect on survivors. They hate to see the red bar when healing or doing gens, so they will rush hook saves and go out of their way to get the red bar to go away. Again coming down to forcing them to heal, which Sloppy makes a waste of time.

I use this combo on my Trapper and plan to use it on my Spirit once I get all the perks for her (just p3'd so it's a grind). As long as you are a solid killer you can make use of that extra time, and unlike Ruin they can't take it away from you.

Answers

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

In theory, Thanatophobia would be a great perk. In practice it does little more then annoy people. Ruin in theory and often in practice slows the game down (Just a little bit), but it can be taken out. Thana is only better because you can use it all the time. Ruin is good because there is a chance it will last.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Run thanato on legion and BOY will that hurt, but this is an opinionated question

• Hoodied

@Shad03 said:
    In theory, Thanatophobia would be a great perk. In practice it does little more then annoy people. Ruin in theory and often in practice slows the game down (Just a little bit), but it can be taken out. Thana is only better because you can use it all the time. Ruin is good because there is a chance it will last.

for 10 seconds

• Shad03

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Shad03 said:

for 2 seconds

Yeah... Yeah...

• Hoodied
    edited February 2019

@Shad03 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Shad03 said:

for 0 seconds

Yeah I think so

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

Thana give you 15 sec more on gens in tier 3 and when you have the survivors injured

• Shad03

Actually, if you are extremely lucky to get a whole group of No Mithers, then Thana could actually trump Ruin.

• Hoodied

@Shad03 said:
    Actually, if you are extremely lucky to get a whole group of No Mithers, then Thana could actually trump Ruin.

adept david on the entire other team vs thanato and ruin together, and dying light, NO GENS WILL BE DONE

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Ok thanks I'm close to unlocking the Thanatophobia perk soon:) then after I unlock a new killer then I'll buy hex ruin or buy the dlc:)

• thesuicidefox

@Shad03 said:

The 2 big problems with Ruin are 1) it can be taken away from you, and 2) if survivors hit great skill checks it's worthless. At higher ranks the chance of either of these is WAY higher than low ranks. TP only adds small increments here and there but it can add up. I recently had a game where I stopped survivors on the last gen multiple times when it was VERY close all because of TP. The Meg even said "I would have had that gen before you got to me if I just had another 3 or 4 seconds". That's just 1 injured with TP, it can make a difference.

• snowflake102

Ok thanks I have sloppy butcher now all I need to get is that nurse perk!!!:)

• snowflake102

Xd

• Shad03

@thesuicidefox said:

@Shad03 said:

The 2 big problems with Ruin are 1) it can be taken away from you, and 2) if survivors hit great skill checks it's worthless. At higher ranks the chance of either of these is WAY higher than low ranks. TP only adds small increments here and there but it can add up. I recently had a game where I stopped survivors on the last gen multiple times when it was VERY close all because of TP. The Meg even said "I would have had that gen before you got to me if I just had another 3 or 4 seconds". That's just 1 injured with TP, it can make a difference.

I'm not discounting it. I'm actually looking to incorporate it into my own builds. I also mentioned Ruin's problems below my original post. However I myself barely worry about Thana. That might be just me.

• snowflake102

@thesuicidefox said:
    If you pair Thanatophobia with Sloppy Butcher I think it's actually a very good means to slow the game down. Sloppy makes healing a waste of time and forces survivors to stay injured if they want to optimize, and TP flips that and forces them to heal if they want to be optimal. It's a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" kind of situation. Once you get 2 injured it starts to actually make a difference, and if you get 3 or 4 injured it can REALLY slow the game. With Sloppy it's a lot easier to get that many survivors injured, and if they end up healing through it you still win as killer because they are wasting time healing.

TP also has a psychological effect on survivors. They hate to see the red bar when healing or doing gens, so they will rush hook saves and go out of their way to get the red bar to go away. Again coming down to forcing them to heal, which Sloppy makes a waste of time.

I use this combo on my Trapper and plan to use it on my Spirit once I get all the perks for her (just p3'd so it's a grind). As long as you are a solid killer you can make use of that extra time, and unlike Ruin they can't take it away from you.

Thx I have to try that combo since I already have sloppy Butcher...

• thesuicidefox

@Shad03 said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@Shad03 said:

I'm not discounting it. I'm actually looking to incorporate it into my own builds. I also mentioned Ruin's problems below my original post. However I myself barely worry about Thana. That might be just me.

With only 1 injured it's easy to ignore. But once you get 2 or more it REALLY starts to become noticeable. If the killer is catching and hooking people with that time, you will end up saving and healing more than doing gens, and any gens you do will be harder to get without killer stopping you.

The only thing I wish they would do with TP is smooth out the curve a bit. Each one injured should be 6%, instead of 6% for the first and 3% for every one after. Then 2 injured would be like 3 before, 3 would be better than 4 before, and 4 would be almost like having Dying Light. I'd even say drop it to 5% per injured, it makes 1 injured weaker but all the others are still stronger than before.

• Shad03
    edited February 2019

@thesuicidefox said:

@Shad03 said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@Shad03 said:

With only 1 injured it's easy to ignore. But once you get 2 or more it REALLY starts to become noticeable. If the killer is catching and hooking people with that time, you will end up saving and healing more than doing gens, and any gens you do will be harder to get without killer stopping you.

The only thing I wish they would do with TP is smooth out the curve a bit. Each one injured should be 6%, instead of 6% for the first and 3% for every one after. Then 2 injured would be like 3 before, 3 would be better than 4 before, and 4 would be almost like having Dying Light. I'd even say drop it to 5% per injured, it makes 1 injured weaker but all the others are still stronger than before.

In my opinion, the only thing it truly needs is for the effect to persist after someone died. Combine that with Dying Light and no gens shall be finished.

Edit:

I also I like your idea.