The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

what have the devs done again

Kenshin
Kenshin Member Posts: 912
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

it takes ages now again to find a game as killer. what happened? pls do something against it asap.
EDIT: yes, im rank 1 on PC. queue times have always been bad at high ranks. this event or whatever was a good fix but now they messed it up again -__-

Post edited by Kenshin on

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

what rank are you?

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Maybe the survivors finally got tired of lobby simulator getting dodged for unnecessary reasons and waiting 1+ hours for a match, it's not really appealing on the other side either right now alot  of the people I know have left this game in the past week over que times , you're going to be seeing alot more of this if they don't fix dodging 
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    They increased killer points by a fairly small amount but it meant I average 30 points per killer game and around 20 with survivor.

After the last event they still fail to realise people will play the side which it's easier to achieve the points on so naturally the queues will become longer.
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Okay, its because of the killer change making killers easier to use during the event

• Kenshin

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Maybe the survivors finally got tired of lobby simulator getting dodged for unnecessary reasons and waiting 1+ hours for a match, it's not really appealing on the other side either right now alot  of the people I know have left this game in the past week over que times , you're going to be seeing alot more of this if they don't fix dodging 

nope, the devs did a change on their backend. thats the only reason for longer queues for killers. killers always lobby dodged. ppl are not leaving the game because of that. also what an coincident that this instantly happened after the devs made a change on the backend. i dont think you need 200 iq to understand that.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Kenshin said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

nope, the devs did a change on their backend. thats the only reason for longer queues for killers. killers always lobby dodged. ppl are not leaving the game because of that. also what an coincident that this instantly happened after the devs made a change on the backend. i dont think you need 200 iq to understand that.

It also doesn't take a 200 iq to realize peolpe aren't gonna wait anymore and there have been people leaving the game over it whether anyone wants to admit it or not, if you're on PS4 I know you find this to be true
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    They increased killer points by a fairly small amount but it meant I average 30 points per killer game and around 20 with survivor.

After the last event they still fail to realise people will play the side which it's easier to achieve the points on so naturally the queues will become longer.
    This... this is why we don’t get real fixes because The issues raised aren’t being addressed only the outcome and people believe it must be better 
  • twistedmonkey
    Kenshin said:

The backend change was done almost a week ago, yesterday was just a change to the killer point numbers

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/45458/moonrise-event-balance-hotfix#latest

They did this as they stated more were playing survivor so it makes sense now that some maybe more than expected have moved to killer.
  • Kenshin

@twistedmonkey said:
    Kenshin said:

The backend change was done almost a week ago, yesterday was just a change to the killer point numbers

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/45458/moonrise-event-balance-hotfix#latest

They did this as they stated more were playing survivor so it makes sense now that some maybe more than expected have moved to killer.

they did more and just didnt tell us. too coincident that exactly after this change i couldnt find matches anymore. i dont believe that everyone immediately started playing killer 10 minutes after this change happened. so yeah

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

And then you see me getting them in seconds...

• twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019
    Kenshin said:

they did more and just didnt tell us. too coincident that exactly after this change i couldnt find matches anymore. i dont believe that everyone immediately started playing killer 10 minutes after this change happened. so yeah

Is it really so hard to believe that when killer earned less more started playing survivor causing long survivor queues as they stated and now they adjusted the points due to that fact some moved to killer and now queue times are longer for you playing killer the day after it happened? 

The backend change happened almost a week ago and the queues for survivor were long due to more players in the survivor queue, thats a lot more coincidental and more logical than an assumption that they changed something in the backend a week later and didn't tell us imo.
  • Kenshin

@twistedmonkey said:
    Kenshin said:

Is it really so hard to believe that when killer earned less more started playing survivor causing long survivor queues as they stated and now they adjusted the points due to that fact some moved to killer and now queue times are longer for you playing killer the day after it happened? 

The backend change happened almost a week ago and the queues for survivor were long due to more players in the survivor queue, thats a lot more coincidental and more logical than an assumption that they changed something in the backend a week later and didn't tell us imo.

next time pls read the post before you are answering pls.

• twistedmonkey
    Kenshin said:

@twistedmonkey said:
    Kenshin said:

next time pls read the post before you are answering pls.

I think you are the one that needs to re-read what you wrote.

You are claiming they did more and didn't tell us, that's an assumption while completely ignoring what they did do and told us about.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Kenshin said:
    it takes ages now again to find a game as killer. what happened? pls do something against it asap.
    EDIT: yes, im rank 1 on PC. queue times have always been bad at high ranks. this event or whatever was a good fix but now they messed it up again -__-

Sounds like its the lobby bug, just restart your lobby.
    Killer queues should be instant