Finally Got Ruin!

Options
Just excited, missed Ruin last time it was on the bloodweb and I absolutely suck as Hag. Hopped on today, saw Ruin in the Shrine, happily bought it. Just wanted to share.

Comments

• TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246
    Options

Very cool. I payed without Ruin forever before I broke down for the dlc. Playing with Ruin can really be a game changer. Hope you enjoy it!

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options
    Meanwhile I decided to play without ruin because I'm sick of checking my totem every game just to end up hearing that lovely "boom" 30 seconds later. Ironically I experienced an increase of fun since I started playing with 4 perks that can't be cleansed. 
  • e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    Options

Ruin: Toxic OP crutch that won't earn you any respect as a Killer, but if having fun at the expense of others is your thing go for it! just don't be surprised if you get a lot of disconnects out of protest.

• Arccway
    Arccway Member Posts: 18
    Options
    e8Lattice said:

Ruin: Toxic OP crutch that won't earn you any respect as a Killer, but if having fun at the expense of others is your thing go for it! just don't be surprised if you get a lot of disconnects out of protest.

Ruin's strength is heavily dependent on the killer running it and the map it's on. Sure it's a newbie stomper but I'd say it's more of a giant pain in the ass than straight up OP.
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options
    e8Lattice said:

Ruin....toxic?......op?.....ummm LOL 😂 Who disconnects over Ruin pfffffft
    538.jpg 39.4K
  • LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

@Nikkiwhat said:
    e8Lattice said:

I'm pretty sure the guy was joking. If not...then yeah, it's pretty funny :lol:

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,729
    Options

congrats, welcome to a perk that will be on almost every single build.

also welcome to that greyed out icon in the corner of your screen 9/10ths of your games because someone spawned on it.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options
    LCGaster said:

@Nikkiwhat said:
    e8Lattice said:

I hope so xD But tis why using a meme fits regardless of their intent!
  • Ryuhi
    Options

@Nikkiwhat said:
    LCGaster said:

@Nikkiwhat said:

e8Lattice said:

I hope so xD But tis why using a meme fits regardless of their intent!

Imagine if a killer could find a switch somewhere on the map that was glowing, and when activated would disable every pallet on the map. or cause permanent exhaustion. :chuffed:

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@e8Lattice said:

Rank 20 survivor main.

• e8Lattice
    edited February 2019
    Options

@Arccway said:
    e8Lattice said:

Ruin's strength is heavily dependent on the killer running it and the map it's on. Sure it's a newbie stomper but I'd say it's more of a giant pain in the ass than straight up OP.

When I see Ruin I just cant be bothered, all I see is that someones decided they wanted to pay to win with some miserable hex designed to detract from the games fun (especially for the current live event).

It's stuff like this that makes this game fail at it's most basic premise, a game must be fun, fair and balanced on all sides in order for for people to play it or they simply don't, and it ceases to be a game by again, failing at it's most basic premise.

Its right up there with Noed, I mean I have them both but I simply choose not to use them because I know how toxic they are and how little respect I'd earn from the Survivors if I used them. Treat your fellow opposition with respect by not using stuff that simply shouldn't be in the game and they will return said respect in kind ending in a match that's enjoyable for all.

• e8Lattice
    edited February 2019
    Options

@Poweas said:

@e8Lattice said:

Rank 20 survivor main.

^clearly an npc's pre-programmed response.

No doubt selected from a very limited list of uninspired boringly predictable responses.

A bit sad really.

• Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270
    Options

@e8Lattice said:

@Arccway said:
    e8Lattice said:

When I see Ruin I just cant be bothered, all I see is that someones decided they wanted to pay to win with some miserable hex designed to detract from the games fun (especially for the current live event).

It's stuff like this that makes this game fail at it's most basic premise, a game must be fun, fair and balanced on all sides in order for for people to play it or they simply don't, and it ceases to be a game by again, failing at it's most basic premise.

Its right up there with Noed, I mean I have them both but I simply choose not to use them because I know how toxic they are and how little respect I'd earn from the Survivors if I used them. Treat your fellow opposition with respect by not using stuff that simply shouldn't be in the game and they will return said respect in kind ending in a match that's enjoyable for all.

Why is Ruin pay to win?

• Ryuhi
    Options

@e8Lattice said:

@Poweas said:

@e8Lattice said:

Rank 20 survivor main.

No doubt selected from a very limited list of uninspired boringly predictable responses.

A bit sad really.

The person you quoted plays both survivor and killer. Ruin is one of the most unreliable perks in the entire game. If you can't deal with it than there is no possible way you've ever reached red ranks. Most good players don't even bother and just power through it.

• Ryuhi
    edited February 2019
    Options

@e8Lattice said:

@Arccway said:
    e8Lattice said:

if you want fair, fun, and balanced on all sides: by all means, marathon killer for a while. Surely since its so imbalanced, it must be the fun fair and balanced side, right? There is a reason that most people who play both sides are advocates for improvements to one side vs the other, and its not the side you're on.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    I feel bad for this person. Look at the excitement in their post, look at the joy.

Now imagine their face as they load into the game, take 5 steps forward and suddenly Ruin is cleansed.

This is just cruel.
  • Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options
    Ruin is really good vs average survivors so I would say its always worth it, even if it lasts for 1 minute. Personally I dont care if killer has Ruin as I can hit most great skillchecks.
  • Poweas
    Options

@e8Lattice said:

@Poweas said:

@e8Lattice said:

Rank 20 survivor main.

A bit sad really.

How am I an NPC with my amount of posts? Lol. But if you think Ruin is a toxic OP crutch, then somethings going wrong with you.

• Poweas
    Options

@Ryuhi said:

@e8Lattice said:

@Poweas said:

@e8Lattice said:

Rank 20 survivor main.

A bit sad really.

The person you quoted plays both survivor and killer. Ruin is one of the most unreliable perks in the entire game. If you can't deal with it than there is no possible way you've ever reached red ranks. Most good players don't even bother and just power through it.

Eyyy my guy backing me up :)

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

@e8Lattice said:

Ok 1. Screw survivors. 2. At rank one on both sides it gets cleansed immediately. 3. Hitting great skill checks is easy for good survivors. 4. Noed can be prevented or cleansed and neither perks are OP or toxic. 5. You must be a low rank survivor if ruin bothers you that much.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@e8Lattice said:

I didn't want to add a comment in hopes that you were trolling, but I see that you are serious (or you're baiting, in which case you caught a lot of us).

As numerous others have stated already, Ruin is not a crutch. Let me say a opinion of mine.

No perk is a crutch perk as every perk is simply a tool to use. Unfortunately Hex: Ruin is so laughable weak in the high tiers it does not deserve the status of a 'crutch'. With that logic everything survivors have ever is a crutch, and the same with killers.

Play a game of killer without Ruin at rank 5-1. Then come back here.