The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Jeff Probst as a DLC Survivor Concept

DBDSM
DBDSM Member Posts: 134
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

I've got an idea for a new Survivor: the host of Survivor, Jeff Probst!
Here are the perks I've come up with:

Outwit:
Hitting a good skill check while repairing a generator grants a token, up to 3/4/5 tokens. For each token, gain a bonus 2% repair speed, but reduce repair skill check success zones by 4%. Failing a skill check removes all tokens. Hitting a great skill check awards no tokens but grants an extra 1% progression for each token you currently have.

"This game tests you not only physically, but mentally as well."

(Notes: Outwit needs to reward you in some way for working on generators. The bonus does not have to be gen speed, but that seems like the best option to me.)

Outplay:
Whenever you are chased by the killer and successfully escape, Outplay activates. When Outplay is active, the next time you enter a chase, gain a 5% haste status effect for 5/10/15 seconds. Outplay deactivates when the Outplay haste effect expires. Outplay cannot reactivate after a chase if it was active when the chase began. Additionally, you gain 50% more bloodpoints for escaping chases, whether Outplay is active or not.

"You have to dig deep!"

(Notes: Outplay is designed to reward players who escape chases, and make them more capable of doing so. The values seem a little low to me but I also don't want survivors running this perk to be untouchable. Feedback on this perk is appreciated.)

Outlast:
For each survivor that escapes through an exit gate that you have opened before you escape, gain a 20%/35%/50% stackable bonus to all bloodpoints, to be awarded post-trial. If you are the first survivor to escape the trial, earn a 100% stackable post-trial bonus to bloodpoints earned in the Survival category.

"This is as much a team game as it is an individual one."

(Notes: The original idea for this perk was giving the player some sort of bonus if there were no survivors within a certain radius of the user, and a different bonus for each survivor within that radius. I couldn't think of anything that wouldn't be OP or totally useless so I scrapped it. I think this perk might encourage people to leave the game a little quicker as well, rather than stick around to insult the killer.)

For cosmetics we have the ultra-classic button-up shirt, cargo shorts, and hat:

And the Reunion Show classic black sweater:

Maybe they could give him a new hat every season as a promotional item as well?

His backstory is easy enough; he was out in the jungle while filming a new season, got lost, and was abducted by The Entity.

I know some of you are going to give me the "Literally WHO?" treatment, but Survivor is starting its 38th season this year, and 7.8 million people watched last season, so it's a more popular show than you might think! This could easily be a Paragraph like Bill was, or pair him with a killer based on any location where they've filmed a season to make it a full Chapter. There are plenty to choose from! Anyways, I'm totally open to any feedback on his perks and the concept in general, and I hope you guys enjoy it! Good luck and remember to play nice!

Post edited by DBDSM on

Comments

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    This post is hilarious. My mom and dad have watched survivor since the first season so I know what survivor is lol. 

I don’t think it’s very likely though because Jeff Probst is a real person and that sounds like it has more legal issues than trying to get Jason or Ghostface.