The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Uhhh

Can anyone explain to me why I was actually in a match with new/low ranked players? I’m like a rank 10 right now and everyone else was rank 20 but me.

The killer didn’t even have any addons or perks. This seems odd to me.

Comments

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    Gamzello said:
    Can anyone explain to me why I was actually in a match with new/low ranked players? I’m like a rank 10 right now and everyone else was rank 20 but me.

Matchmaking is searching for players in a wider search, or something like that.

In other words. 
    Matchmaking is wack
  • OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    This happened to me also on PS4 today rank 5 , I was dodged like four times and then when I got a match it turned out to be the same, it was a LF and when he was trying to commit to long distance chases with the chainsaw revved I knew something was off
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

"Working as intended"

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

@Dockta_Carter

It's actually great that it matches you against better/worse players, because it still prioritises players from a similar rank.

The game has to make a choice: It can't let you play because it can't find players of a similar rank/it matches you up with others.

I think it's actually better that the rank scope widens the longer you queue.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

@Dokta_Carter said:
    Gamzello said:

Matchmaking is searching for players in a wider search, or something like that.

In other words. 
    Matchmaking is wack

I see! That's why I've been playing with people who are either highly ranked or in lower ranks. Thank you I actually had no idea that devs implemented that. I remember when they updated mid-event they had mentioned saying that they were aware of the match-making issues and were making constant changes here and there to see what they can do.

Perhaps this is just an experiment on how things will go? That's just my guess at least! (I could be wrong.)

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:
    @Dockta_Carter

It's actually great that it matches you against better/worse players, because it still prioritises players from a similar rank.

The game has to make a choice: It can't let you play because it can't find players of a similar rank/it matches you up with others.

I think it's actually better that the rank scope widens the longer you queue.

the problem is when people are far outside of their skill level: There are far too many things in this game that can be optimized to hell, and time is everyone's biggest threat in the game. That said, all it takes is a single well experienced player on either side (killer is kinda obvious on that one) to completely make a match lopsided. It all comes back to that "rank doesnt matter, except that it matters a lot" conundrum.

It feels like every game I play killer I get 1-2 people in my rank range, and then the rest are rank 1s. At first I always assumed it was because of swf pairs between high and low ranks and whatnot, but its also how lax matchmaking has gotten lately. Funny enough, I never the the opposite when I play survivor but hey.