The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Video/tips for grim pantry?

KingB
KingB Member Posts: 747
edited February 2019 in General Discussions
I'm about to vomit I feel so bullied. Every single survivor just ran straight to the middle of the grim pantry. There were like 6 windows and I physically could not catch them. Are there any videos I can watch to get better at this map? I absolutely despise it as both survivor and killer. I clipped it and will upload as soon as I go somewhere with better wifi if that helps.

Comments

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Depending on some things (window/pallet spawn, which killer do you play, has the surv Balanced Landing), there are some buildings in DbD where you should simply quit the chase as a killer since it consumes too much of your time.

Grim Pantry can be such a case. If you can upload the video on youtube, sure, that could help.

Let the survs repair the gen on the buildings and put your focus on other parts of the maps.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Don't chase in the pantry unless you are Trapper, Hag, or Nurse. The first two and shut down the loops before they start and Nurse is Nurse. Any other killer should avoid this area as much as possible, ESPECIALLY if the generator is done because it means more escape routes and less map pressure.

Focus on protecting the gens by shack, middle of the map, or the one in the tiny house (this one's a bit risky but if you can keep it protected until a few gens are done it becomes difficult to finish as survivor and is a very unsafe spot once the pallet is gone).

• KingB
    @NoShinyPony @thesuicidefox They all ran straight to the middle at the start of any chase. I was playing trapper but they got ruin at the start and I had traps in the middle pallets, they didnt have to use them. It was all windows. 
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Yeah this map is frustrating. I've asked for changes before but so far nothing. I just find it incredibly boring when everyone runs to the maze-like mess that is the pantry.

Best thing to do is to try and avoid the pantry. If someone runs there early try to get rid of a pallet or two. You need to start clearing that area asap. Don't do them all though it wastes too much time. Don't be afraid to break chase.

Also I tend to play dirty with anyone who runs to pantry. Camping and tunneling becomes acceptable if they're gonna run there everytime.
  • KingB
    @The_Crusader I usually follow a 3 pallet rule. If they aren't down by 3 pallets I break chase and patrol gens. They didnt even have to throw any pallets. I physically could not catch them. I'm gonna trim the video of it and post it at some point. I couldn't use bloodlust either. I made some bad chasing choices but there wasnt anything I could do right, just stuff I could do better.