The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

If you’re falling asleep midaction, you should not be able to complete the action.

Seriously why is this a thing? If Freddy sleeps you, you should run away from him. The transition, while not directly harmful to survivors, should still be something they need to take seriously because Freddy’s coming and you don’t want to be asleep again. 

If Freddy sleeps someone totem breaking, waking someone up, opening a gate, doing a gen, healing someone etc. the action needs to stop until they actually enter the dream world (or in the case of waking up, finding an awake survivor or another gen.)

Freddy already must wait 7 default seconds before hitting or even grabbing, that’s enough advantage for survivors already; they don’t need to circumvent this by being able to stay on a gen, potentially completing it right in front of a helpless Freddy, or a survivor and keep Freddy in a loop of waking up and falling asleep or literally blocking him from being able to pick them up because apparently healing does that. 

If this was changed, I think it would help Freddy without it being overbearing for survivors (if you don’t snap out of it in front of Doc, don’t wake up someone in front of Freddy) and take away some of the bull crap nonsense that singularly negatively affects Freddy.

Comments

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Its basic but important change that would make freddy not absolutly god awful at totem defense. 
  • pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Zarathos said:
    Its basic but important change that would make freddy not absolutly god awful at totem defense. 
    Not only that but it would actually match the idle animation Freddy sees AND survivors can already counter the transition by RUNNING AWAY LIKE EVERY OTHER KILLER THEY PLAY AGAINST. 

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Its a major aspect most are hoping gets fixed with the rework. Freddy really needs some defensive capability. 
  • pemberley
    pemberley said:
    Seriously why is this a thing? If Freddy sleeps you, you should run away from him. The transition, while not directly harmful to survivors, should still be something they need to take seriously because Freddy’s coming and you don’t want to be asleep again. 

If Freddy sleeps someone totem breaking, waking someone up, opening a gate, doing a gen, healing someone etc. the action needs to stop until they actually enter the dream world (or in the case of waking up, finding an awake survivor or another gen.)

Freddy already must wait 7 default seconds before hitting or even grabbing, that’s enough advantage for survivors already; they don’t need to circumvent this by being able to stay on a gen, potentially completing it right in front of a helpless Freddy, or a survivor and keep Freddy in a loop of waking up and falling asleep or literally blocking him from being able to pick them up because apparently healing does that. 

If this was changed, I think it would help Freddy without it being overbearing for survivors (if you don’t snap out of it in front of Doc, don’t wake up someone in front of Freddy) and take away some of the bull crap nonsense that singularly negatively affects Freddy.
    As a Freddy main, firstly this is a rubbish thing to complain about when there are add-ons that can reduce the transition time. His power is insanely powerful/useful when used properly so there has to be some trade-offs so it’s still fair for survivors. 
    Secondly, Freddy is an awful character to run Hex Perks with. Seriously. Just don’t use them with Freddy. There are so MANY better perks that compliment Freddy than any of the Hex Perks. 
    You shouldn’t need add ons to pressure survivors to stop doing crap right in front of your own eyes. They already go into an idle animation when not running, it’s both misleading and unfair survivors can continue working on an action - especially when it can potentially complete it. And those add ons are neither cheap nor common. 

I don’t run hexes with Freddy. Or pretty much any killer because I like having 4 perks survivors can’t destroy. The exception is noed and that’s only with certain combos. 
  • JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

@DudeDelicious said:
    I get tired of this “you shouldn’t need add-ons” argument. They’re available in abundance in the blood web, so why not use them. Heck even combining Uncommon & Common Blocks is extremely helpful. 

Because you honestly shouldn't need addons to make your killer somewhat of a threat

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

@pemberley said:

I hope something like this is given to Freddy's rework

• pemberley
    I get tired of this “you shouldn’t need add-ons” argument. They’re available in abundance in the blood web, so why not use them. Heck even combining Uncommon & Common Blocks is extremely helpful. 
    Not really. Not only are you spending 9000 at least on perks that might not even show up in a level 50 web (in favor of claws and drawings and dresses and chains) but the difference between brown and green, yellow, and purple blocks is staggering - I have 22 brown blocks and only 4-9 of yellow, green, and purple.

@DudeDelicious said:

Because you honestly shouldn't need addons to make your killer somewhat of a threat

Exactly. Not only this but this would allow Freddy to make genuine use out of other add ons and combos without risking losing the game because swf are quite literally exploiting a weakness that should not exist in the first place. Maybe finally double chains can actually have a decent worthwhile effect. 

If this change happened Freddy would go from bottom to mid tier, which is acceptable. And Freddy would also become a killer that, without the devs directly touching gens, could slow the game down just a little bit. Toolbox rushers, beware! Freddy’s coming for you! Especially a Freddy with Franklin’s! 
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    I desagree. What I do when a survivor doesn't run away is hidde. They asume I went away. When the transition ends that is when I strike