The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Firecrackers destroy hag traps.

Figured it might be useful to know. I stumbled across this in a trial.

That is all. You can go about your business now.

Comments

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Any source of light from a survivor will destroy them which is so damn dumb. She has enough to deal with as is.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    That's disgusting, I am appalled by that!
  • I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Should be able throw them like Diversion

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Figured it might be useful to know. I stumbled across this in a trial.

That is all. You can go about your business now.

shshshsh

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

So i guess it also burns Nurse and Wraithy boi right?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Firecracker AND Party Starter.

Yea I found this out playing Hag one day. Chase a survivor to a pallet where I had a trap on the other side. They dropped the party starter as I faked breaking the pallet. It blinded me and then they ran but I could teleport. When my vision came back I saw my trap was gone.

I wouldn't recommend using them to disable traps though. It's a one time use, better for blinding/stunning the killer. Though I guess if you are desperate to destroy a trap it could work.

• Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130

Try using it on a cloaked wraith they never expect it.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@ReikoMori said:
    Any source of light from a survivor will destroy them which is so damn dumb. She has enough to deal with as is.

Yes because using a one time use item to destroy a ability that can be used multiple times is a problem, it's not like a survivor can't just be smart and use a flashlight instead.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

@powerbats said:

@ReikoMori said:

Yes because using a one time use item to destroy a ability that can be used multiple times is a problem, it's not like a survivor can't just be smart and use a flashlight instead.

It's not an issue that they can be destroyed. It is the way in which they are destroyed that I take issue with. Why would shining light on a rune craved into the ground break it? At least the firecrackers actually make more sense as they could be reasoned to disturb the ground. You can also just crouch through them, or set them off on maximum range and be relatively safe, but that takes forethought to do. Yet, shining a flashlight on the ground just destroying it makes very little sense. It would make more sense if it highlighted that the trap was there.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Who would use firecrackers on the trap in the first place?

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

Well, I was running from a hag, and crouched behind some boxes near a generator. Traps tripped, she was close enough, I threw my firecracker and wiped out several traps as well as blinding her while I ran like hell. 

If the hag drops numerous traps near a hooked survivor, trip it, and see if she teleports then drop it, maybe?
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Hag needs an Anti Flashlight add on that triggers it instead of destroying it.
  • Snikers
    Snikers Member Posts: 64

@ReikoMori said:
    It's not an issue that they can be destroyed. It is the way in which they are destroyed that I take issue with. Why would shining light on a rune craved into the ground break it?

Light makes Entity magic go ouchie bye-bye - or a certain flavour of Entity magic, anyway. Presumably whatever magic ingredient makes the Wraith and Nurse vulnerable is also part of the traps.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Rebel_Raven said:
    ToxicFengM1n said:

Well, I was running from a hag, and crouched behind some boxes near a generator. Traps tripped, she was close enough, I threw my firecracker and wiped out several traps as well as blinding her while I ran like hell. 

If the hag drops numerous traps near a hooked survivor, trip it, and see if she teleports then drop it, maybe?

Yes but do you always bring a firecracker and do you get a Hag when bringing said firecracker though? I've not seen one in a chest since event ended.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited February 2019
    powerbats said:

@Rebel_Raven said:
    ToxicFengM1n said:

Yes but do you always bring a firecracker and do you get a Hag when bringing said firecracker though? I've not seen one in a chest since event ended.

It would be neat if we still got firecrackers, imo.

But no, I almost never take items.
    And I don't always face hag.

People don't always bring flashlights, or always face hag, wraith, or nurse, but sometimes things come together.
    Some tactics are going to be situational, but handy, I reckon .

Maybe surprise a hard camper, or make a save with them?