The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Blindness

What if we change blindness status effect to include:
Totem glow
HUD notifications

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Sounds nice

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

It would give a little more value to Hex: Third Seal.

It would also synergize well with other hex builds.

• tehshadowman33

Also, while we're at it. Any Killer addon that applies blindness needs to have a duration of 90 seconds. Why? Because blindness is a status effect that only comes into play if you're not the one getting chased.

All current addons that apply the blindness normally only come into effect if you're actively chasing someone and applying it on them:

Amanita Toxin - 30 seconds = No game effect. Single target.
    Kerosene Can - 30 seconds = No game effect. AoE, but still survivors do not stay near each other.
    Blind Warrior - ? - No time duration found on wiki. Single target.

Therefore, the duration must be 90 seconds minimum. I would probably suggest 120 seconds, though... Addons slots are valuable. This gives you JUUUUST enough time to apply blindness to one or two survivors and get into a prolonged chase with a third person.

By the time you hook that third person, you'd have about 30-40 seconds of blindness on the other survivors.

Just buff Vigil and we're good.

• tehshadowman33

I mean, especially with the single target blindness addons. If I down someone, hook them, it's essentially doing nothing. That 30 second will pass and they hang from the hook. It provides no value.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Aww man!
    Wish my Blindness idea got this treatment from a community manager. :p

• palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118
    Does blindness stop survivors from seeing where the exit gates are when the gens are powered, or is it like when a survivor is hooked and you can still see the initial bubble? I still think the hook bubble should dissapear too.
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Yes please...Id actually consider running Hex: Third Seal for more than just meme builds
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2019

Agreed. The blindness effect could really use some small improvements to make it more useful. Hex: The Third Seal is also quite underwhelming, even if blindness got these buffs..

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

Some slight darkness effect at the borders of the screen might be nice too

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited February 2019

@Raptorrotas said:

Sight distance restrictions!

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

How about a distortion effect similar to Clown's bottles?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Raptorrotas said:

What, like this?
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41477/i-wish-for-the-blindness-status-effect#latest

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

@Boss said:

@Raptorrotas said:

What, like this?
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41477/i-wish-for-the-blindness-status-effect#latest

yes, not sure how much area of the screen it should cover, but essentially this. maybe slightly animated like insidious or wraiths screen during invisibility.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@HatCreature said:
    How about a distortion effect similar to Clown's bottles?

It would be so annoying. I am all for buffing this effect but I really would hate this.

I think your perception should change.

You can't see whether a generator is working or not.
    You can't see crows.
    You can't see the hex totems' lights. In that way, every hex totem looks like a dull totem.
    You can't see killer's red stains.

I think these kind of suggestions would be a lot better and more useful. Clown's distortion doesn't do much but it would be so annoying if it stayed with us for the whole match.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Totem glow
    HUD notifications

Could someone elaborate on how this HUD notifications blindness thingy would work?
  • xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

@Nickenzie said:
    tehshadowman33 said:

Totem glow

HUD notifications

Could someone elaborate on how this HUD notifications blindness thingy would work?

You wouldn't be able to tell if a survivor was healthy or injured, but be allowed to see if they are dead.

You probably couldn't see if they have the broken status effect, or any other icon triggers that appear at the lower left hud.

They should simply appear healthy, or you see they are dead and gone from the game. That's my proposal with blindness.