Spirit question

Options
Rattman
Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
edited February 2019 in Lore

Spirit appears to be dead dismentled body, right? Her limbs are literally flying near each other. And at the same time she is able to leave her physical dead body form and create new one. So, question is, either if she is dead body or some type of ghost, why she able to feel pain from DS and pallet stuns? If she is able to feel pain, she should scream like crazy, cause, like, her arms are cut in half. Isn't it painful? If not, why DS is painful?
But, well, if Spirit is more like spirit ghost, then, again, why she screams after DS and pallets? She should be intangible. But, well, she isn't intangible, cause she still can't walk through walls, even when she outside her physiical form... Well, Iam confused.

Comments

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

The rules of Onryo (Japanese grudge spirits, like Rin/Spirit) may be different from normal ghost rules.

Just a guess though, since I know next to nothing about Japanese mythology

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

I guess its more like DS and pallets are not true "screams of pain", they are just minor inconveniences. Same goes for every single Killer. It may not be true pain. This is mostly noticeable with Clown, who never whimpers or grunts; he just laughs it off as if saying "This is nothing". Like stepping on a Lego brick.

• Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130
    Options

It has been a while since I have read her back story but I thought the entity collected her just before she died.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

Well the thing is, she is constantly in pain, considering she was hacked up by her own father. And it's kind of like the old story of humpty dumpty, she wasn't really put back together, The Entity simply did what it could and just sent her out. So she still feels pain basically, considering she's stuck in a never-ending loop of it.

Think of it like this, whenever the nurse blinks. She is in pain, that is why she screams. So when The Spirit enters her ethereal plane and then comes out of it to make a strike, she is kind of putting herself back together into her physical form. Which results in a lot of pain. There is a reason a lot of people say she's sort of like the nurse.

I guess the killers that suffered the most, are the most powerful in the realm.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

She's always in pain. You can tell from her facial expressions and her constant long "oooooooh" noises.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@Detective_Jonathan said:
    Well the thing is, she is constantly in pain, considering she was hacked up by her own father. And it's kind of like the old story of humpty dumpty, she wasn't really put back together, The Entity simply did what it could and just sent her out. So she still feels pain basically, considering she's stuck in a never-ending loop of it.

Think of it like this, whenever the nurse blinks. She is in pain, that is why she screams. So when The Spirit enters her ethereal plane and then comes out of it to make a strike, she is kind of putting herself back together into her physical form. Which results in a lot of pain. There is a reason a lot of people say she's sort of like the nurse.

Mm. Hag suffered a lot too. And Billy. They must order it in order of who suffered more. Which makes the power scale go from Nurse, Billy, Hag to Spirit.

You're probably right though.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

@Poweas said:

@Detective_Jonathan said:

Mm. Hag suffered a lot too. And Billy. They must order it in order of who suffered more. Which makes the power scale go from Nurse, Billy, Hag to Spirit.

You're probably right though.

Oh yea, forgot about Hag, she was literally eaten to the bone.