If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

i am more anxious for 2.0...

Options
...than i am for the dlc.  i have played since the first day this came to consoles and i have never seen so much camping and tunneling.  dreadful to play against but i guess some people like that type of thing because it really is the best they can do and it is what they expect from others.  the "2-kill to pip for killers" can not go away fast enough.  i realize there will still be garbage gameplay but i can't wait to see it ease up a bit.

(forum mentality="he has an opinion different from mine and says it.  he must be a troll.")

Comments

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    edited June 2018
    Options
    ok but only because you say so. deranged nerd.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    at this point however, i would like to call the class's attention to the resident punching bag.  notice the tactics he advocates and then has the audacity to brag about rank.  no wonder he is so riled up by my threads.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options
    this is what, your 8th or 9th butthurt thread about legit game tactics? youve cried about camping, tunnelling, 360s, dcs, perks, etc.

spend less time whining on the forums and more time getting gud ingame.

gg
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited June 2018
    Options

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    ...than i am for the dlc.  i have played since the first day this came to consoles and i have never seen so much camping and tunneling.  dreadful to play against but i guess some people like that type of thing because it really is the best they can do and it is what they expect from others.  the "2-kill to pip for killers" can not go away fast enough.  i realize there will still be garbage gameplay but i can't wait to see it ease up a bit.

(forum mentality="he has an opinion different from mine and says it.  he must be a troll.")

PC player here so I can talk about 2.0
    Camping and tunneling is exactly the same as it was before. Looping has only become slightly less effective without the vacuum and the only real change is that survivors who 360 in front of the pallet for BM usually get hit now.
    Other than that there have been no real changes. Sure we got cosmetics you can grind now, we got another useless killer and a remade assylum map with big loop spots in the house. So nothing has changed basically besides from the cosmetic store (10 bucks for 1 skin btw)

Edit: I forgot, one thing has changed indeed. Piping as survivor has become a participation reward now, its so easy, I trolled one game as a locker dwight doing nothing and I almost piped :lol:

• EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Lowbei said:
    this is what, your 8th or 9th butthurt thread about legit game tactics? youve cried about camping, tunnelling, 360s, dcs, perks, etc.

spend less time whining on the forums and more time getting gud ingame.

gg

:: cackles maniacally ::  ewww...he mad.

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    Master said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

PC player here so I can talk about 2.0
    Camping and tunneling is exactly the same as it was before. Looping has only become slightly less effective without the vacuum and the only real change is that survivors who 360 in front of the pallet for BM usually get hit now.
    Other than that there have been no real changes. Sure we got cosmetics you can grind now, we got another useless killer and a remade assylum map with big loop spots in the house. So nothing has changed basically besides from the cosmetic store (10 bucks for 1 skin btw)

Edit: I forgot, one thing has changed indeed. Piping as survivor has become a participation reward now, its so easy, I trolled one game as a locker dwight doing nothing and I almost piped :lol:

welcome news to a baddie such as myself.
  • Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    Options
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    exploiting swf players.  heart-warming but more a testament to how silly they can be.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    admirable, nonetheless.
  • Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,183
    Options

The game forces you to camp and tunnel tbf. It's not the killers fault, it's the devs fault.

• Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307
    Options

@Nick said:
    The game forces you to camp and tunnel tbf. It's not the killers fault, it's the devs fault.

Wrong. There are the occasional situations in which camping/tunneling may play out as the best move, but for the most part those are poorly executed tactics by either salty or inexperienced killers (usually a nice little mixture of both) and in the end will cost them a huge chunk of BP compared to if they actually played the game with the slightest fraction of skill.

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    nick is right.  as it stands now, the killer must get two kills to pip.
  • Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 836
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Silas said:

@Nick said:

Wrong. There are the occasional situations in which camping/tunneling may play out as the best move, but for the most part those are poorly executed tactics by either salty or inexperienced killers (usually a nice little mixture of both) and in the end will cost them a huge chunk of BP compared to if they actually played the game with the slightest fraction of skill.

Ehh, I'm not sure it's accurate to say "for the most part."

Tunneling takes a survivor off the field asap, which slows down generator progress immensely. If you have four survivors on the field with two generators left, it won't matter how many you chase or how well you play, those remaining generators are going to be gone in a minute or so. I use two generators as an example because that's how many are commonly left after the first chase for mid and low tier killers if survivors aren't goofing off. Expecting killers to multi hook in this kind of environment the majority of the time is kind of iffy at best.

Similar logic to tunneling, camping is actually pretty effective. Why? Because survivors might not pip if they all do generators, meaning they have a valid reason to go for unhooks. As soon as each survivor finishes their generator (which commonly happens after you finish your first chase), it's pretty logical to expect them to go for an unhook. Camping wastes their time, slows the game down, and kills the person on the hook simultaneously. It's actually incredibly efficient.

Now I'm not saying I like tunneling and camping, but honestly it's a pretty optimal strategy right now since the most common situations favour them. If the developers want to reduce it, they have to make the game longer somehow and innately reward consistent new chases and hooks.

Edit: As for the concerns about lower BP, it all honestly depends on survivor actions. If they come to the hook, they're making it easier for the killer to locate them, down them, and get more BP as a result. If the survivors rush the final generators instead (which they could, since it takes 80 seconds to solo a gen and 120 seconds for that person to die on a hook) then chances are you couldn't stop it anyway. You might have delayed the game a bit by chasing one person off a gen, but it wouldn't be by that much unless you have an insta down. Man, the more I think about it, the more I realize how much control survivors have these days. How sad

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    quite true, beaburd.  well said.  it makes me rethink camping unfortunately.  a strategy i hate but continue to see the necessity of.
  • Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

@Beaburd said:

@Silas said:

@Nick said:

Ehh, I'm not sure it's accurate to say "for the most part."

Tunneling takes a survivor off the field asap, which slows down generator progress immensely. If you have four survivors on the field with two generators left, it won't matter how many you chase or how well you play, those remaining generators are going to be gone in a minute or so. I use two generators as an example because that's how many are commonly left after the first chase for mid and low tier killers if survivors aren't goofing off. Expecting killers to multi hook in this kind of environment the majority of the time is kind of iffy at best.

Similar logic to tunneling, camping is actually pretty effective. Why? Because survivors might not pip if they all do generators, meaning they have a valid reason to go for unhooks. As soon as each survivor finishes their generator (which commonly happens after you finish your first chase), it's pretty logical to expect them to go for an unhook. Camping wastes their time, slows the game down, and kills the person on the hook simultaneously. It's actually incredibly efficient.

Now I'm not saying I like tunneling and camping, but honestly it's a pretty optimal strategy right now since the most common situations favour them. If the developers want to reduce it, they have to make the game longer somehow and innately reward consistent new chases and hooks.

Edit: As for the concerns about lower BP, it all honestly depends on survivor actions. If they come to the hook, they're making it easier for the killer to locate them, down them, and get more BP as a result. If the survivors rush the final generators instead (which they could, since it takes 80 seconds to solo a gen and 120 seconds for that person to die on a hook) then chances are you couldn't stop it anyway. You might have delayed the game a bit by chasing one person off a gen, but it wouldn't be by that much unless you have an insta down. Man, the more I think about it, the more I realize how much control survivors have these days. How sad

Wouldn't it be EVEN MORE EFFICIENT to camp if the games were longer according to your post?????

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,183
    Options

@Silas said:

@Nick said:

You can hook everyone 2 times and still de-pip. Mindgame like crazy, outplay every survivor at every pallet. But the game is over before you get the last hooks. Crazy, game almost wants you to tunnel

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited June 2018
    Options

@EpicFailTryHard
    Please, keep going.
    You're kinda cute at this point.
    * Pokes with a stick * Move please.

• EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Runiver said:

@EpicFailTryHard
    Please, keep going.

when have i been anything but cute, enchanting and wondrous?
  • Lowbei
    Options
    Runiver said:

@EpicFailTryHard
    Please, keep going.

Is there a Baby Killer of the Year award we can give?
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    Lowbei said:
    Runiver said:

@EpicFailTryHard
    Please, keep going.

you could always make one with your play-doh set.  i hear you have been anxious to show it off.  allow me to be your inspiration.  your parents would forever be indebted to me for giving you something to occupy your time.
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

@Nick said:

@Silas said:

@Nick said:

You can hook everyone 2 times and still de-pip. Mindgame like crazy, outplay every survivor at every pallet. But the game is over before you get the last hooks. Crazy, game almost wants you to tunnel

Funny, that is usually how most of my games go and I pip nearly every time.

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    a very controversial thread this has become. 
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Complains about camping and tunneling when looping and DS still exist even in 2.0

Kek
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    looping and ds just aren't a problem.  i ignore people that enjoy running around in circles unless i am nurse or hag.  those two stop that crap immediately.  ds?  meh.  i just catch them again.  if i don't, there are 3 other survivors.  for the most part, i am fairly successful at dodging swf.  the real problem with ds and looping.  it just is.
  • Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Lowbei said:
    Runiver said:

@EpicFailTryHard
    Please, keep going.

you could always make one with your play-doh set.  i hear you have been anxious to show it off.  allow me to be your inspiration.  your parents would forever be indebted to me for giving you something to occupy your time.
    your lack of skill in this game is laughable considering how much time you spend crying on the forums.

i hope you can eventually hook people
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    all these years, i hoped for validation from some random malcontent who wishes to infect others with his own mental affliction.  now, i wallow in the ashes and ruin of a once great dream.

keep the light on. bessie.  i'm coming home.  the jig is up.
  • Lowbei
    Options
    all these years, i hoped for validation from some random malcontent who wishes to infect others with his own mental affliction.  now, i wallow in the ashes and ruin of a once great dream.

keep the light on. bessie.  i'm coming home.  the jig is up.
    no please dont ragequit just yet scrub. i have more threads for you to bump with your salt.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    have you ever heard the saying, "if you spot it, you got it"?  who am i kidding?  of course you haven't.  it can be a daunting proposition for some.  it means, that all that one sees in the world, especially the items one can not let go of or continually harp on, are a very real reflection of who they themselves are.  isn't that strange?  funny how that works.  it is called "transference" in pop psychology.  god had a wicked sense of humor when he made us.
  • RATT
    RATT Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2018
    Options

Well.. I mean, camping and tunneling bites, don't get me wrong. It really does. It's never fun being the one of your team mates to face off against an Insidious Leatherface, or a cloaked Wraith, but at the same time, we can't really complain too much either, can we? This is a game where as a Survivor, you're considered to be a good player by wasting the killers time, and running him around. A lot of people (I'm not saying you, or me, or everyone), include crutch perks in their daily DbD habits to secure a win or a pip of sorts. You get the typical pallet looping and the vaulting antics. You know? All that stuff that comes with the whole "time-wasting-survivor package". If a killer wants to tunnel and camp after that, or has had that in his past games and is just fed up with it, who's to deny someone of playing the way that they want to play? Especially since it's within the guidelines. Camping, and tunneling is in the game, and as much as I hate it, it is a legitimate tactic, due to the goal of the game being to eliminate all survivors, and prevent them from escaping. Even more so, camping and tunneling can't always prevent or counter the above average SWF 4 mans. If a killer has to secure a win by doing those two things, it's okay. And in my personal opinion, as long as we SWF teams exist. And no.. I'm not talking about the mediocre teams, I'm talking about teams who have enough experience with the game to "booli" the killers, then there's no way we can complain about camping and tunneling killers.

Post edited by RATT on
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    true, ratt.  i just grow weary as it is literally every game now.  
  • Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 836
    Options

@Tizzle said:
    Wouldn't it be EVEN MORE EFFICIENT to camp if the games were longer according to your post?????

Might be why some people are claiming to feel a camping surge as of late. Camping just lets you get as many points as the survivor allows, and yes, I'd argue that a lot of situations call for it nowadays. I just have trouble bringing myself to actual do it due to fun factor, except tight patrols, which gets labeled as camping.

• Lowbei
    Options
    i use bbq, which means i usually immediately leave when i hook someone, to go after someone far away, and i still get called a camper in chat afterwards.

• RATT
    RATT Member Posts: 33
    Options

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    true, ratt.  i just grow weary as it is literally every game now.  

Oh, yeah totally. I get that. Though I haven't been recently struggling with campers, so much as tunnelers. Which I'm more okay with being tunneled than camped. Tunnelers give an experienced player a wide opening to waste their time given the right maps, and assuming someone else hasn't slammed your pallets. It does have to do with ranks a little bit too, you commonly see campers (especially) right after rank reset, which in that case it's best to counter with DS. And in the high ranks it gets a little bit better, being provided with the new Emblem System. Though, something I must disagree with is that they changed the Emblem System last update to make it easier for both sides to pip. I highly disagree that it being "too hard" for some players to pip as survivor was the issue. I saw the results, and how well it filtered out the Survivors who shouldn't be in the high ranks. The issue in my opinion was, is it was still kind of easy for killers to get their pips, so in the high ranks you would still come across campers... Now with it seemingly easier again for both sides to gain their beloved pips.... I feel like this DBD Season entails a lot more campers and tunnelers making their merry ways to the top. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is how I feel about it. Sorry for the rambling.

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    i have come to read, so no worries.
  • Master
    Options

@Silas said:

@Nick said:

Tunneling is always the best move, explain a situation where it is not most effective please :wink:

• Silas
    Options

@Master said:

@Silas said:

@Nick said:

Tunneling is always the best move, explain a situation where it is not most effective please :wink:

Tunneling implies that you are zeroed in on one survivor and you're ignoring everything and everyone just to ensure—or hope really—you can catch them. If it was a simple chase that lasted less than a minute or two, it wouldn't be considered tunneling, but if you allow a survivor to distract you for longer than that while the others are completing objectives... Well, I guess that's a strategy. Just not a good one. ;)

• Master
    Options

@Silas said:

@Master said:

@Silas said:

@Nick said:

Tunneling implies that you are zeroed in on one survivor and you're ignoring everything and everyone just to ensure—or hope really—you can catch them. If it was a simple chase that lasted less than a minute or two, it wouldn't be considered tunneling, but if you allow a survivor to distract you for longer than that while the others are completing objectives... Well, I guess that's a strategy. Just not a good one. ;)

Haha nice joke. Every time some survivor unhooks while I am still close and I down the saved guy, then I am called out for tunneling.
    And yes if there is a wounded survivor somewhere and even if the chase would last 5 minutes, I only need one hit. Chasing the other idiot who is clicking with his flashlight at me woudl require 3 hits to down him, why should I do that?

If I allow a survivor to distract me long enough for others to do gens, then its my fault? Please explain how I can do better, I am really curious. Am I supposed to chase another one, so that he can distract me? :lol:

• Silas
    Options

@Master said:
    Haha nice joke. Every time some survivor unhooks while I am still close and I down the saved guy, then I am called out for tunneling.

Salty survivors will call you out for tunneling/camping even if you aren't guilty of it. That doesn't change the definitions of those terms.

@Master said:
    And yes if there is a wounded survivor somewhere and even if the chase would last 5 minutes, I only need one hit. Chasing the other idiot who is clicking with his flashlight at me woudl require 3 hits to down him, why should I do that?

It's adorable that you're tossing out all these what-if scenarios but we all know that not every match plays out the same. I already said that there are the occasion situations where, yeah, tunneling or even camping would be the best move. But if you heavily rely on those tactics every match, then you need to rethink your strategy.

@Master said:
    If I allow a survivor to distract me long enough for others to do gens, then its my fault?

Yup. Pretty much. 👏

• Lowbei
    Options
    Lowbei said:
    Runiver said:

@EpicFailTryHard
    Please, keep going.

your lack of skill in this game is laughable considering how much time you spend crying on the forums.

i hope you figure out how to hook people eventually 
  • EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    Options
    i will probably continue to fail at the game and feel terrible about myself.  i will also probably continue to be this groveling subservient, content to be addressed by you when you tire of the other nonsense to be found here.  dare i say, a demented recluse whose only source of life and it's meaning shall be derived from the table-scraps of attention shed onto me by your words.

so undeserving of better, am i.