The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How good is leatherface?

Is leather face any good? And is he worth the buy? Lately I seen players play as him. Or should I just buy pig or freddy? Also is freddy worth the buy since he's going to get a rework soon? THX.....

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

He's fun, but terrible at rank 1. He is definitely a ''worst brother of hillbilly''. He get's more punishes from bumping into objects, canceling his chainsaw attack and he is slower while charging the chainsaw. His one pros is that he can easily chainsaw survivors, but you need to be extremely close. He is only worth to buy, if you want bbq.

Is Freddy worth to buy? Right now: No, after rework: maybe, we'll see.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

It depends on the survivors but when I play him at rank 1 for a daily, I use my mallet 95% of the time because when I go to charge up my chainsaw they just vault windows and I get slowed down whilst charging up. Leatherface is only good on open maps, but some people just overrate him in my opinion because overall he isn't that good.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Ok thanks

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited February 2019

@jackkn12 said:
    Is leather face any good? And is he worth the buy? Lately I seen players play as him. Or should I just buy pig or freddy? Also is freddy worth the buy since he's going to get a rework soon? THX.....

How good?

Not good....

Regarding freddy, I recommend waiting until he actually gets his rework. Maybe they drop the rework just like they dropped the SC/DC nerf and the hatch closing mechanic, maybe he will be completely useless...
    Ya never know when it comes to BHVR, thats what I learned in the last years

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

He's meh. He's not nearly as bad as some people say, but he's not very good either. He's right in the middle.

• snowflake102

Acromio what about clown and the hag are they any good? Also is the pig any good?

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

With the right build and addons, he's an animal. Try carburator tuning + grease as addons. For perks go for Enduring + Spirit Fury + Sloppy butcher + Nurse's calling. I manage to do well with him at R1.

• snowflake102

Ok thanks

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Defense.

• snowflake102

Ok thanks this helps me alot

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    I have been a Leatherface main for well over 6 months and tried loads of perk combinations and any addon combination. He is decent against average survivors but completely useless against good loopers. Here's a typical scenario against an optimal looper:

Given the fact they route between windows and pallets like robots you end becoming a killer without an ability because charging the chainsaw takes 2.5 seconds by default and Leatherface's movement speed drops to less than 90% (I think it was 86% if I remember correctly) while charging the chainsaw giving the survivor more distance to reach a window or pallet. His first 3 chainsaw swings are slow as well so even if you manage to charge the chainsaw in time while chasing the looper you will typically need to swing at least 3 times till to hit said looper giving him time to actually vault a window or drop a pallet. 

And even if you catch an optimal survivor in the open they will always circle around obstacles as they can lean against them while you need to keep a fair distance to the obstacle while swinging the chainsaw which means the survivor circle is smaller than your circle reducing your chance or downing the survivor even if you do NOT bump into the object since Leatherface's chainsaw attack covers only 15 meters by default.

Therefore he's not doing to well against optimal survivors but most red ranks are average at best these days so he is actually viable. I lost very few games when I mained him on red ranks. 

His ability itself becomes boring quite quickly, though.
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

Leatherface gets a bad rep. Some of it is valid though. The chainsaw attack can be defeated by running tight circles around obstacles, dropping pallets, and jumping through windows. Meaning he is vulnerable to the most commonly used survivor strategies.

With all that said he does have the most powerful attack in the entire game. He is the only killer that can put multiple survivors in the dying state with a single attack. That is pretty insane when you think about it. Because of that reason he has the strongest basement presence and hook kill secures.

Personally, I enjoy playing Leatherface and have success playing him at rank 1. If you don't have BBQ, that is worth the price of admission alone anyway.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

He is really really bad, and yes people who think that he is terrible are right.

People play him using his best addons and then come here and claim that he is not as bad as people say.

If you use good addons for other killers, you will notice the difference.

For example, class photo Freddy is actually good believe it or not.
    Frank's mixtape is godlike.
    Trapper's bloody coil and the one that makes his traps reset changes the whole game.
    Wraith with windstorm or pure stealth wraith is really good.
    Insta chainsaw billy.
    3 blink or omegablink nurse
    Instadown Huntress

I can go on with this.

As you can see, killers become much more powerful with addons, leatherface is different. Even with Leatherface's best addons, he becomes playable not insanely powerful or anything.

Leatherface is terrible.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Pig is my fav of the three. It's all about style ~_^

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

I hate everything about Leatherface, he's a weak killer but he is so easy to play and boring to play against.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    I want to love him more than I do.  Love the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and so playing as one of my fav Killers should be a blast, but once you rank up and play against more experienced Survivors his flaws really show. You're mostly M1'ing Survivors and get an occasional Chainsaw off, unlike every other Killer save for Pig, you hardly use his ability (Pig is situational and mostly used for Pallet mindgames)

I only have real fun with him when I can use his Chainsaw speed add-ons

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited February 2019

It's worth the buy at least in PC, right now and in future sales it only cost 2.27€ (Europe) and you get two great perks BBQ and Franklin's Demise. Freddy and the Pig have both good perks too and the Pig is better than Leatherface, but their DLC's are more expensive. You can consider buying Myers too, expensive, bad perks but very fun to play. Freddy is worse but more fun to play than Leatherface IMO.

• cortown711
    cortown711 Member Posts: 21

Best camper in the game.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

Leatherface is bad tbh. He is not the worst killer in the game but he is by no means good either. He is worth the buy however if for nothing else than his teachable perk BBQ and Chili. As for as playing him goes i only play him if i am memeing. Chainsaw facecamping, insidious basement defender, etc.