The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Tempered timer builds?

What is it best paired with and what perk strategy goes well with it? If it helps, I'm playing in red ranks.

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited February 2019

I'm assuming you mean Pig's add-on, Tampered Timer?

So the best add-ons to pair with it are Jigsaw's Annotated Plan (the purple add-on which adds 1 box at no cost) and Crate of Gears (slows down box search time a lot).

For perks you can really kind of use anything you want, meta builds like BBQ/Nurse's/Ruin are just fine. But if you want to get trap kills then you could do something like Iron Grasp, Agitation, Mad Grit then when you catch the guy with a trap carry them as far away from the boxes as you can and let them drop reset. If you are running TT with either of the 2 add-ons I mention above then survs have to optimize their path very well to get all the boxes before the timer goes off. If you, as killer, mess up that optimization by carrying them away from the boxes, and they end up needing to search 3 or 4 boxes, you will almost definitely get a trap kill.

It's a huge risk though, I would say just stick to a meta build or build you like and let the add-ons do the work for you.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited February 2019
    I think Crate of Gears is the best add-on to go with Tampered Timer.  Jigsaw's Sketch makes a close second.

I'm not sure many perks will actively help you with the RBT kill plan outside of what was mentioned above.  Personally, I think BBQ has some minor benefit here, as people with RBTs can't afford to play around it as well, especially if they've got a reduced clock through Tampered Timer.  Finding which boxes they are at/headed towards can help you screw up their path and potentially risk getting them killed.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Along with the razor addons that increase skillcheck penalty. 

Use Distressing + Unnerving Presence along for a meme build.
  • TAG

Idk if it would be OP or not, but I really wish Huntress Lullaby would actually work with Jigsaw Boxes, if only for consistency's sake.  Then I think it would be a meme build a bit better worth pursuing.
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@TAG said:
    ChesterTheMolester said:

Idk if it would be OP or not, but I really wish Huntress Lullaby would actually work with Jigsaw Boxes, if only for consistency's sake.  Then I think it would be a meme build a bit better worth pursuing.

Do we know for sure that Unnerving works on them?

• TAG
    edited February 2019

@TAG said:
    ChesterTheMolester said:

Do we know for sure that Unnerving works on them?

I tried the meme build once or twice a few days ago, and I had someone consistently screwing up the Jigsaw Boxes, so I'm inclined to say it works?