The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Strategic killers...

I wonder if a killer similar to the Hag and Trapper are in the works.

I like this style of hunting survivors more than just chasing them.

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I'm doing a P3 hag now, thanks to you <3

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    I wish they'd buff Trapper and Clown before adding a new one.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Would love another strategic killer. I just hope its not another that requires giving up pressure for a chance in the endgame. I love trapper but giving up 2 gens to establish my power's kill zone is a hazardous plan.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Would love another strategic killer. I just hope its not another that requires giving up pressure for a chance in the endgame. I love trapper but giving up 2 gens to establish my power's kill zone is a hazardous plan.
    You mean like Freddy? Because he's supposed to be a endgame killer. 
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I enjoy these too, that's why I also play Pig. Traps are just so much fun and the ability to turn the actual map into a weapon is beautiful.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Ihatelife said:

I'm doing a P3 hag now, thanks to you <3

Awwwwww ty :)
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2019

I'd like one that makes survivors change the way they play. For example a "werewolf" type killer that has a leap ability. He could leap onto sides of buildings or trees and click again to hold onto the side of it. This would make the survivors have to be looking up and at the trees or buildings so that they don't get ambushed from above. Maybe while he holds the button to cling to the tree or building he could also crawl along it and leap down at survivors or leap from tree to tree if you were skilled enough.

• Blueberry

@Blueberry said:
    I'd like one that makes survivors change the way they play. For example a "werewolf" type killer that has a leap ability. He could leap onto sides of buildings or trees and click again to hold onto the side of it. This would make the survivors have to be looking up and at the trees or buildings so that they don't get ambushed from above. Maybe while he holds the button to cling to the tree or building he could also crawl along it and leap down at survivors or leap from tree to tree if you were skilled enough.

I think they could pull off some of the classic killers like "vampire" or "werewolf" if they changed them a little and put their own spin on it. Like a killer that was corrupted enough by the entity that it made them succumb to their inner beast.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    @Tsulan
    No thanks, I like Freddy but the dude has some serious issues. Something like hag would be better as your not wasting time to later strengthen your pressure and presence.
  • Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@SpaceCoconut unfortunately, most people prefer to play checkers rather than a good game of Chess, Monopoly, or Risk. For those who value the strategic thought that Hag, and Trapper require, I too would like to see more strategic killers. While Legion is somewhat strategic, it’s more on the brain dead side. A killer that requires survivors to be stealthy, and seriously penalizes those who are not.

Something like, if you run, your aura can always be seen. The killer has no terror radius, and makes no noise, unless he is chasing a survivor, or there is LOS to any survivor. Something like a Spoopy Myers, but not quite. It would make corn fields an excellent hunting ground, and not a safe place for survivors to run and hide. He’d need to have a 32m TR while not in stealth mode, but I think it could work. Ghost Recon meets Jack the Ripper in Dead by Daylight. :)

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

@Blueberry said:

If people hate Legion as much as they do, they'd hate this even more. But I agree. Not with this idea, necessarily, but I like the idea of killers that change the way that survivors play and taking away the feeling of safety that they tend to have.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@DemonDaddy said:

That's just something you have to deal with as Trapper IMO. If you want to avoid it use Ruin, but that's a risk at high ranks. As long as you put down good traps and catch someone by the time that second gen is done you can snowball REALLY hard with Trapper. Just 1 trap can change the whole game.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

200 IQ

• Blueberry
    edited February 2019

@mintchapstick said:

@Blueberry said:

If people hate Legion as much as they do, they'd hate this even more. But I agree. Not with this idea, necessarily, but I like the idea of killers that change the way that survivors play and taking away the feeling of safety that they tend to have.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Legion at all. Legion making survivors play differently also has completely nothing to do with why people don't like him.

• mintchapstick
    edited February 2019

@Blueberry said:

@mintchapstick said:

@Blueberry said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with Legion at all. Legion making survivors play differently also has completely nothing to do with why people don't like him.

Uhhhh, dude. A killer who can jump around objects has a lot to do with a killer who can vault (and people hate that he can vault because blah blah core mechanics), but okay.

• Blueberry
    edited February 2019

@mintchapstick said:

@Blueberry said:

@mintchapstick said:

@Blueberry said:

Uhhhh, dude. A killer who can jump around objects has a lot to do with a killer who can vault (and people hate that he can vault because blah blah core mechanics), but okay.

Him ignoring pallets and windows doesn't make them play any differently whatsoever. Their issue is with him requiring no skill to play as or against. Also that there's no counter for the blood following strat or a Franks Mixtape.

• mintchapstick

@Blueberry said:
    Him ignoring pallets and windows doesn't make them play any differently whatsoever.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with you, I'm literally just repeating the general consensus.

• Blueberry

@mintchapstick said:

@Blueberry said:
    Him ignoring pallets and windows doesn't make them play any differently whatsoever.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with you, I'm literally just repeating the general consensus.

"If people hate Legion as much as they do, they'd hate this even more" This isn't the general consensus, it's you misinterpreting the real reason.

• mintchapstick

@Blueberry said:
    "If people hate Legion as much as they do, they'd hate this even more" This isn't the general consensus, it's you misinterpreting the real reason.

Man, okay. Forget I said anything, since apparently this is some kind of ~argument~