The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hatch πŸ‘Ž πŸ‘Ž πŸ‘Ž

drunky26
drunky26 Member Posts: 686
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

Why does this even exist???

It's just a free getaway, instead of doing 3 more gens you just escape into the ground.
At least make it so you need to do 1 gen, then escape.
Also the hatch standoffs, do something about it! We can stay there for hours...
I'm not a salty killer, i main survivor and i really want it removed...

Comments

• SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187

@drunky26 said:

It's just a free getaway, instead of doing 3 more gens you just escape into the ground.

I was under the impression that the hatch will only appear when enough generators has been powered--so the survivor number plus 1 generators have to be powered for the hatch to appear. That is what I read somewhere, anyway.

If that is the case, for it to even appear for say 2 survivors, 3 gens would need to be done. THEN they have to actually FIND the hatch, which can spawn anywhere there is a palette, from what I read. So its not necessarily a reliable way to escape.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686
    If 2 gens are done and 3 survivors are dead, hatch is open for the last survivor.

It's kinda unfair because if the killer killed others while only 2 gens got done, he deserves the 4th kill.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@drunky26 said:
    If 2 gens are done and 3 survivors are dead, hatch is open for the last survivor.

It's kinda unfair because if the killer killed others while only 2 gens got done, he deserves the 4th kill.

You don't "deserve" a 4k. You got 3 and move on. If you to the ranks with better players you will be lucky to get 3k.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    drunky26 said:

"survivor main btw" meme needed here.
    You say you don't want to stay there for hours? As a killer just hit them and they'll leave, as a survivor just jump and let the killer grab you. Problem solved.
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Here we go again
  • JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    You're not entitled to a 4k, sorry :)Β 

Stop complaining over something that has counter play *cough* *cough*Β slug.

This is like survivors complaining over the killer camping for 1 kill, after the gates are powered (which has less counter play btw).Β 
  • NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

Let us immagine if this idea actually goes trough.

You got your 3K, 2 gens are done and the last survivor is somewhere... in a corner? A locker? The basement? The important thing is to find it, right? Well sit your ass up cuz you're going for a ride that can even last 1 hour and on!

Seriously, the hatch exists so that we avoid situations where the game gets stalled like hell because you people are NEVER satisfied with anything.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2019
    The hatch is a way to end the game quicker in that scenario as a survivor can just stealth around prolonging the game as seen with the ptb change on closing the hatch.

A standoff can only happen with two stubborn players, either jump in or hit them, staying there for a stupid amount of time for such little BP is on those who chose to do it not the mechanic.
  • Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183
    "Survivor main btw"Β  :)
  • NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    There's nothing wrong with the hatch. If you stand there for hours that's your own damn fault. Either jump and let the person get you or figure out a way to do the gens simple.Β 
  • SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    I'll leave these here. Only the beginning in each is relevant to the discussion.

https://youtu.be/4B_v60fL2lo
    https://youtu.be/7kUNfY2c1aA
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@SIlentCetra said:

@drunky26 said:

He doesn't "deserve" any kill. And again, the survivor still has to find the hatch in the first place. If there's only one survivor left (this happened to me when I played as survivor yesterday), you could sit and patrol the hatch yourself.

He killed 3 people before finishing the gens, that was earned, you lost the game.

Also "you could sit and patrol the hatch yourself. " Is just complete nonsense. Yeah let's sit there and then start a hatch standoff for a few hours. That isn't a counter.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Blueberry said:

@SIlentCetra said:

@drunky26 said:

He doesn't "deserve" any kill. And again, the survivor still has to find the hatch in the first place. If there's only one survivor left (this happened to me when I played as survivor yesterday), you could sit and patrol the hatch yourself.

He killed 3 people before finishing the gens, that was earned, you lost the game.

Also "you could sit and patrol the hatch yourself. " Is just complete nonsense. Yeah let's sit there and then start a hatch standoff for a few hours. That isn't a counter.

How did they lose the game if they are still alive?

Yes the killer earned those three kills but they have not yet earned the death of the last one, if anyone chooses to sit there for a silly amount of time in a standoff then that is on them, it's a choice someone makes not something that anyone has to do.

Would you rather look for an immersed survivor for a silly amount of time as that's what happened on the ptb with the closing mechanic.
  • WatchBloodRain
    WatchBloodRain Member Posts: 175
    if it's a standoff just do a gen and see if they run to it then run around the way the killer went, got the hatch from a Myers as he just camped it that wayΒ 
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    fcc2014 said:

@drunky26 said:

You don't "deserve" a 4k. You got 3 and move on. If you to the ranks with better players you will be lucky to get 3k.

Whenever there is a hatch standoff, I'll either smack the survivor in the butt or kill myself by jumping into the hatch. I don't have time for a flawed mechanic, it's better to move on in my opinion.
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@drunky26 said:

A killer can slug to prevent the last guy from escaping.

The hatch is supposed to be a tool that allows a good survivor to escape even though their teammates didn't play well.

The devs and most people here in the community acknowledge that the hatch standoff is a problem. That problem did not get solved yet since there is no concept which is good enough.

If you have an idea for a hatch rework, share it with us.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

@SIlentCetra said:

@drunky26 said:

I was under the impression that the hatch will only appear when enough generators has been powered--so the survivor number plus 1 generators have to be powered for the hatch to appear. That is what I read somewhere, anyway.

If that is the case, for it to even appear for say 2 survivors, 3 gens would need to be done. THEN they have to actually FIND the hatch, which can spawn anywhere there is a palette, from what I read. So its not necessarily a reliable way to escape.

No the hatch spawns in specific locations if you remember them end game is EZ

• Snikers
    Snikers Member Posts: 64
    edited February 2019

Have you ever had a three-gen game that dragged on forever because the survivors crouched in a dark corner waiting for a miracle to occur? Without the hatch, that will be every single killer victory. It boggles my mind to think that you complain about the time lost to hatch standoffs and then turn around and say you want it removed entirely.

The hatch is there for the killer's benefit, not the survivor's. If you killed three survivors and the last one hatched out, you won.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    JanTheMan said:
    You're not entitled to a 4k, sorry :)Β 

Stop complaining over something that has counter play *cough* *cough*Β slug.

This is like survivors complaining over the killer camping for 1 kill, after the gates are powered (which has less counter play btw).Β 
    Doesn’t have counter play when they just DC consequence free