The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How is deranking bad?

Cymer
Cymer Member Posts: 946

But a rank 1 survivor can face a level 11 killer thanks to SWF?

In what game you get an easier ranked game when you team up?

Usually the game matches you against harder opponents because they assume you have a team advantage.

So how is deranking as a killer bad but a survivor can simply join a SWF and chose a lower killer rank to face?

Keep in mind that this kind of gameplay is especially toxic against newer players.

Players that would help this game grow.

Comments

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    SWF scenario needs to be fixed, people saying deranking is bad will think the same way, they should join using the highest ranking player.

Two wrongs don't make a right, all deranking and abusing of the system is wrong.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Easy solution: You get paired up with a killer depending on the highest ranking Survivor in the SWF group.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited February 2019

@Cymer said:

Usually the game matches you against harder opponents because they assume you have a team advantage.

So how is deranking as a killer bad but a survivor can simply join a SWF and chose a lower killer rank to face?

Keep in mind that this kind of gameplay is especially toxic against newer players.

For survivors there are other rules :wink:

Deranking is part of the ranking system btw, whats needs to be adressed is the absurd high amount of DCs

• SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187

@Master said:

@Cymer said:

Deranking is part of the ranking system btw, whats needs to be adressed is the absurd high amount of DCs

I disagree. De-ranking on PURPOSE (seen mostly with killers, from what I've seen around here) is just bullshit. I have no idea how one would address this, but it is done, and it is a problem. I'm a rank 18 survivor. I should NEVER have to face a rank 1 killer who purposefully de-ranked to 15 just to vs lower players.

• Cymer

@SIlentCetra said:

@Master said:

@Cymer said:

I disagree. De-ranking on PURPOSE (seen mostly with killers, from what I've seen around here) is just bullshit. I have no idea how one would address this, but it is done, and it is a problem. I'm a rank 18 survivor. I should NEVER have to face a rank 1 killer who purposefully de-ranked to 15 just to vs lower players.

But it is okay for a rank 15 Killer to face rank 1 survivors only because he SWF with a rank 20 friend?
    Why are you complaining when a killer has actively has to derank and a survivor just can queue up with a friend, get all the advantages of an SWF plus can face a 10 rank below killer for free?
    Double standards if I ever have seen some my friend.

• SIlentCetra

@Cymer said:

@SIlentCetra said:

@Master said:

@Cymer said:

But it is okay for a rank 15 Killer to face rank 1 survivors only because he SWF with a rank 20 friend?
    Why are you complaining when a killer has actively has to derank and a survivor just can queue up with a friend, get all the advantages of an SWF plus can face a 10 rank below killer for free?

### are you even on about? Double standards? I said nothing except that deranking on purpose is bad. I've already stated in another topic that SWF should be a separate queue entirely. Some want it removed, which is just ridiculous, as some people just want to play with their friends.

Anyone who defends purposful deranking, I suspect probably engages in such behavior, and is part of the reason why I, a rank 17 survivor, ends up facing killers that, when I check their profile, have some 900 hours in the game, rek the entire damn team in minutes, and CLEARLY don't belong at our low rank--yet there they are.

• Master
    edited February 2019

@SIlentCetra said:

@Master said:

@Cymer said:

Why not? Rank reset does the same, just an example.
    The problem is that there is literally no reason to rank up, you will only get punished by ranking up

Also dont forget about SWF.... guess thats ok for you

• Master

@SIlentCetra said:

@Cymer said:

@SIlentCetra said:

@Master said:

@Cymer said:

### are you even on about? Double standards? I said nothing except that deranking on purpose is bad. I've already stated in another topic that SWF should be a separate queue entirely. Some want it removed, which is just ridiculous, as some people just want to play with their friends.

Anyone who defends purposful deranking, I suspect probably engages in such behavior, and is part of the reason why I, a rank 17 survivor, ends up facing killers that, when I check their profile, have some 900 hours in the game, rek the entire damn team in minutes, and CLEARLY don't belong at our low rank--yet there they are.

Just a note, you cant even derank to rank 17. Those players took a break from the game and check back. I do the same until the devs introduce some new balance updates

• SIlentCetra

@Master said:

@SIlentCetra said:

@Cymer said:

@SIlentCetra said:

@Master said:

@Cymer said:

Just a note, you cant even derank to rank 17. Those players took a break from the game and check back. I do the same until the devs introduce some new balance updates

I thought it was capped at deranking to 15?

Either way, there's a difference between taking a break and deranking from that, vs purposfully throwing games just so you derank to face lower level survivors. (Or killers if you're a survivor doing it, not saying survivors never do this at all.)

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2019

Yeah you can't derank past 15 apart from on reset which happens the 13th of each month, even then they must be rank 15 to get below that.

Most derankers don't go that low from what I have seen, they stay in ranks 12 to 7 just avoiding the red ranks.

It does seem you may be against those who have taken a break from the game and are back playing in the event or even survivor mains doing killer dailies and not intentional derankers.
  • Cymer

@Master said:

@SIlentCetra said:

@Cymer said:

@SIlentCetra said:

@Master said:

@Cymer said:

######### are you even on about? Double standards? I said nothing except that deranking on purpose is bad. I've already stated in another topic that SWF should be a separate queue entirely. Some want it removed, which is just ridiculous, as some people just want to play with their friends.

I thought it was capped at deranking to 15?

Either way, there's a difference between taking a break and deranking from that, vs purposfully throwing games just so you derank to face lower level survivors. (Or killers if you're a survivor doing it, not saying survivors never do this at all.)

You either don't want to get it or really don't understand.
    As a rank 1 survivor you don't have to derank. You can simply queue up with some low rank friends and stomp low rank killers. You get all the advantages of a SWF team plus you keep your prestigious rank one by stomping low rank killers. You can have 2 SWF in one game, chances are around 30%. The worst case a low rank killer is facing 2 rank 1 survivors.
    Fair and balanced right?
  • Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    edited February 2019

Let's end this mess once and for all, and make ranking based on the amount of hours logged in. I would propose brackets like 0 - 20 hrs, 20 - 50, 50 - 100, 100 - 200, 200 - 400, 400 - 800 and 800 +, for example.

No more deranking, no more smurfing. You're placed in a pool with people playing the game for the same amount of time (roughly). Your fault if you didn't learn or got skills while pouring 200 hrs into the game.

Maybe even have two rankings for each account, one for killer, one for survivor. I don't know if that would be possible.