The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This post got Necro'd

Hoodied
Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

If you don't know what I mean, its when hillbilly uses his chainsaw and in the first 1-2 seconds can curve in certain directions at some, pretty unfair rates

But continuing with this, the flick on hillbilly does not seem to be balanced at all, the rest is fine, but to god damn flick, you can simply scale a wall with this power, one second you deal with a killer who some its balanced and fair-ish, and others broken as hell, the next you deal with a flick that can break any chase...

This sounds like salt but, come on, flick is what breaks some games in the first place

Post edited by Hoodied on

Comments

• Hoodied

@Boss said:
    This indeed does sound like salt.
    I mean, this wasn't brought up as a balance problem ever, but now it suddenly is?

most of this community is PC so idk

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    “Don’t make me come down there, you punk”

• Hoodied

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    The "flick" doesn't exit anymore since 2017

Flick still exists, literally happened more than 3 times already

• Hoodied

@GT_Legend2 said:
    “Don’t make me come down there, you punk”

when you mention salt and still expect this

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

Sounds like you recently had a game with Hillbilly, suffered the flick, and decided to go on the forums to talk about it

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

This is a fat agree it makes billy OP as hell

• Hoodied

@JoyfulLeader said:
    Sounds like you recently had a game with Hillbilly, suffered the flick, and decided to go on the forums to talk about it

Nope
    Faced over 5 billys that downed me using drift

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

It's better than it used to be. It actually used to hit like, 90 degree snags around corners.

Sure it's not perfect, but it's not the former...

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

No it doesn't. The original "flick" meant that and the END of the charge, Billy could basically full 360 and hit anyone even if they curved behind him.

He's always been able to turn sharply at the start of the charge. At some point this became known as the new "flick" even though he's had it since Day 1.
  • tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    It's part of his gameplay, I use It mostly when I know there is a pallet/window but I dont have the angle to get there in time. It also helps when survivors are running around an object.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ToxicFengM1n said:
    If you don't know what I mean, its when hillbilly uses his chainsaw and in the first 1-2 seconds can curve in certain directions at some, pretty unfair rates

But continuing with this, the flick on hillbilly does not seem to be balanced at all, the rest is fine, but to god damn flick, you can simply scale a wall with this power, one second you deal with a killer who some its balanced and fair-ish, and others broken as hell, the next you deal with a flick that can break any chase...

This sounds like salt but, come on, flick is what breaks some games in the first place

Why does it break the game?

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

Why does it break the game?

Because our toxic Feng Min doesn't like being chainsawed.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Are you playing DbD 1.1.0 or what? The "Flick" does not exit anymore, period. 
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited February 2019

It's fine stop crying. I say that as survivor as well as killer.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@ToxicFengM1n said:

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

BIlly's Flick is fine. Maybe not try to get into his face to juke him?

Nine times out of ten that's what leads to people complaining about the flick.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Real flick back when?
    Serious, its the only remaining skillcap left for billy. Lets not make him more braindead to play. They already removed the endflick in 2016 which took away a good skillportion of his kit and i would be more than happy if they reinvented it to increase his skillcap. For a toptier killer, he should be less about driving around the map to get value and more about mechanical skill and hard to hit shots.