The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New Vaults are weird.

When i heard about the vaults being changed to continue having momentum after completing a running vault, i was pretty happy. But after seeing it for some time i realized that there is some slight lag when doing this. Anyone else noticing this? Hopefully when Dedicated Servers come out it will be fixed, then again, i don't even know if lag has anything to do with it.

Comments

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    You mean slow or fast vaults?

Slow vaults are pretty much the same as before, even when you land both feet on the ground you can still get hit easily.

Fast vaults are better tho, the killer must be eating your ass in order to hit you.
  • Oooooof
    Oooooof Member Posts: 109

https://youtu.be/ZHdGqZojmqA

btw the ping was around 50. Dedicated servers would not help. It's a bug in the code.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Oooooof said:
    https://youtu.be/ZHdGqZojmqA

btw the ping was around 50. Dedicated servers would not help. It's a bug in the code.

Yeah the same exact thing happens to me even though I have good ping.

You can see that at 0.07 david vaults and moves forward, and then gets teleported back to the spot he vaulted.

They did add momentum because right now, you can move due to momentum but it doesn't help at all.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Detective_Jonathan said:
    When i heard about the vaults being changed to continue having momentum after completing a running vault, i was pretty happy. But after seeing it for some time i realized that there is some slight lag when doing this. Anyone else noticing this? Hopefully when Dedicated Servers come out it will be fixed, then again, i don't even know if lag has anything to do with it.

Well, the faster you move, the higher is the impact of latency. Its easy math :wink:

Oh and dedicated servers will just introduce a bunch of issues, trust me. Everybody is acting like it will fix every problem of the game, but it wont

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500
    edited February 2019

@Master said:
    Oh and dedicated servers will just introduce a bunch of issues, trust me. Everybody is acting like it will fix every problem of the game, but it wont

That's what I think as well. The introduction of the new UE engine version (aka "optimization patch", lul) brought it's own bag of problems. Dedicated servers by mid of 2019. New Killer/Survivor DLC every 3 months, which will introduce new issues. When do they want to fix all the bugs and issues? And there are so many issues to fix. Honestly, they should skip the development of 1 or 2 DLCs and iron out the existing bugs and make the game more stable.

Coming back to OP. These bullsh*t hits through windows always existed. It's not a post patch issue, it's a game issue. I don't know how it could be fixed (increased tick rate [or what ever they call the clock that determines client/server updates) maybe?), but they should do something about it. Whenever this happens (and god, it happens A LOT) it feels like the game just cheated you of one health state.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

@Pizzaman said:

@Master said:

That's what I think as well. The introduction of the new UE engine version (aka "optimization patch", lul) brought it's own bag of problems. Dedicated servers by mid of 2019. New Killer/Survivor DLC every 3 months, which will introduce new issues. When do they want to fix all the bugs and issues? And there are so many issues to fix. Honestly, they should skip the development of 1 or 2 DLCs and iron out the existing bugs and make the game more stable.

Coming back to OP. These bullsh*t hits through windows always existed. It's not a post patch issue, it's a game issue. I don't know how it could be fixed (increased tick rate [or what ever they call the clock that determines client/server updates) maybe?), but they should do something about it. Whenever this happens (and god, it happens A LOT) it feels like the game just cheated you of one health state.

If they do skip out on a couple dlcs, at least that will give me time to be able to p3 everyone lol.

But in all honesty they should fix this since someone said it was an error in the code, i am sure it can't be that hard to fix, considering they added a new animation and such for medium vaults.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Currently, you are more save doing medium vaults because the fast vault is bugged and the new medium vault messes up with the autoaim of the killer and gives pretty often just a hit on the video instead of the survivor