The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

BRING BACK ULTRA RARE PERKS PLEEAASSSSEEEE

PLEASE THEY WOULD BE SO PRETTY PLEASE I NEED THEM BACK DIUFBBSBDHFJKSDNFKL

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@kate_best_girl said:
    PLEASE THEY WOULD BE SO PRETTY PLEASE I NEED THEM BACK DIUFBBSBDHFJKSDNFKL

honestly I want them back too. to make survivors and killers spend more points

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Eh, why not? They don't even have to do anything extra or be better that the current tier 3 perks, I just want them to look cool

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

IKR I liked the reddish pink colors they had

• yes
    yes Member Posts: 361

I don't get why they removed them. Just because they kept popping up didn't mean you had to remove them entirely, you could've reworked the bloodweb.

But yeah, PLEASE ADD ULTRA RARE PERKS BACK PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :(

:+1:

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Does anyone have a reason to want its return beyond "it's pretty?"  Someone mentioned spending more bloodpoints.
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

You could always mess with the files and change how they look, pretty sure that is allowed, seen alotta other people do it.

I personally changed the Decisive Strike logo to a pair of Crutches and NOed to a wheelchair

It was fun

Editing files is against ToS and can get you banned for it. Sure it's just cosmetic but still
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@yes said:
    I don't get why they removed them. Just because they kept popping up didn't mean you had to remove them entirely, you could've reworked the bloodweb.

It was removed because it was bugged in the blood web.

Honestly I don't see why you would want them to be ultra rare again. It would mean spending that much more in BP, not just for the perks but to get you blood web far enough for them to show up.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

@starkiller1286 said:
    Swiftblade131 said:

You could always mess with the files and change how they look, pretty sure that is allowed, seen alotta other people do it.

I personally changed the Decisive Strike logo to a pair of Crutches and NOed to a wheelchair

It was fun

Editing files is against ToS and can get you banned for it. Sure it's just cosmetic but still

Actually the perks are just .PNG files editing them has no consequences and the devs said its allowed.

• kate_best_girl

@Swiftblade131 said:

It was fun

I don't have photoshop or photoshop knowledge plus I CANT EVEN FIND WHERE THEY GET THE PERK BACK GROUNDS SKSKSKSKS

• kate_best_girl

@thesuicidefox said:

@yes said:

It was removed because it was bugged in the blood web.

Honestly I don't see why you would want them to be ultra rare again. It would mean spending that much more in BP, not just for the perks but to get you blood web far enough for them to show up.

It looks a lot prettier and yeah its a bit more BP but worth it

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited February 2019

Just a PSA: it is possible to change the Perk icons, but not specifically allowed. It's a "Do at your own risk". The devs don't ban for it specifically, but should EAC mess up and detect it as file editing and ban you, you'll be on your own.

• DocOctober

@yes said:

That was their way of reworking it: remove the lowest and the highest Rarity from the Perks. It was a band-aid, but it worked and hence they kept it instead of doing it properly.

The first fix they tried made the Bloodweb spawn Perks in strict order of Rarity. You wouldn't get any Tier 3 Perk until you haven't gotten all Tier 1 and 2 Perks.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    I made some ultra rare icons by myself, I can share it with you if u want to use them 
  • yes

@DocOctober said:

@yes said:

That was their way of reworking it: remove the lowest and the highest Rarity from the Perks. It was a band-aid, but it worked and hence they kept it instead of doing it properly.

The first fix they tried made the Bloodweb spawn Perks in strict order of Rarity. You wouldn't get any Tier 3 Perk until you haven't gotten all Tier 1 and 2 Perks.

So it was possible to get Tier III Sprint Burst at level 10 without having tiers I and II unlocked?

They could've at least kept Common perks, and if they were to re-add ultra rare perks they could make it so it's tied to the cost of a Very Rare item and not an Ultra Rare item because spending 7,000 bloodpoints for a perk is too much, even if it's useful or a crutch.

Also, they could've just changed the color of the perks. For example, they could've changed Tier I Deerstalker from yellow to brown, even if it might still read 'uncommon'.

Anyway, the devs should just fix their damn game. They shouldn't have entirely removed these tiers just because it was bugged in the bloodweb. They should've just fixed the bloodweb and they wouldn't encounter these issues today.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    I made some ultra rare icons by myself, I can share it with you if u want to use them 

Hey, would ya?

• DocOctober

@yes said:

@DocOctober said:

@yes said:

So it was possible to get Tier III Sprint Burst at level 10 without having tiers I and II unlocked?

They could've at least kept Common perks, and if they were to re-add ultra rare perks they could make it so it's tied to the cost of a Very Rare item and not an Ultra Rare item because spending 7,000 bloodpoints for a perk is too much, even if it's useful or a crutch.

Also, they could've just changed the color of the perks. For example, they could've changed Tier I Deerstalker from yellow to brown, even if it might still read 'uncommon'.

Anyway, the devs should just fix their damn game. They shouldn't have entirely removed these tiers just because it was bugged in the bloodweb. They should've just fixed the bloodweb and they wouldn't encounter these issues today.

No, you misunderstood. It would not give you any Tier III Perk unless you almost had all Tier I and Tier II Perks.

Here's an example of what that looked like:

I originally created an Excel sheet of all Perks I got on all Characters as I feared being affected by the Loss of Progress bug. I thankfully never was, but the Excel sheet stuck with me as a habit and I continue to fill it out to this day. It's also nice for the Wiki when Perks change and I need to know which Character has Tier II of it.

Aside from Dwight and Ace, most Characters were levelled during their release, so the Excel sheet quite clearly shows the different Bloodweb iterations.

In-between Dwight and Ace, you see the first Bloodweb which spawned Rare Perks a lot more often than Common Perks, hence why you can see a lot more Pink and Purple there.

Then there's Bill whom I levelled pretty much exclusively during their first "fix", resulting in a lot of Brown and Yellow as you barely got any Rare Perks or Tier II/Tier III upgrades until you used up the spawns for the Tier I.

After that, there's the current Bloodweb we have. If they would re-instate the old Rarities without affecting the spawns, you'd see that it is quite balanced, it has a bit of everything and is balanced.

• yes

@DocOctober said:

@yes said:

@DocOctober said:

@yes said:

No, you misunderstood. It would not give you any Tier III Perk unless you almost had all Tier I and Tier II Perks.

Here's an example of what that looked like:

I originally created an Excel sheet of all Perks I got on all Characters as I feared being affected by the Loss of Progress bug. I thankfully never was, but the Excel sheet stuck with me as a habit and I continue to fill it out to this day. It's also nice for the Wiki when Perks change and I need to know which Character has Tier II of it.

Aside from Dwight and Ace, most Characters were levelled during their release, so the Excel sheet quite clearly shows the different Bloodweb iterations.

In-between Dwight and Ace, you see the first Bloodweb which spawned Rare Perks a lot more often than Common Perks, hence why you can see a lot more Pink and Purple there.

Then there's Bill whom I levelled pretty much exclusively during their first "fix", resulting in a lot of Brown and Yellow as you barely got any Rare Perks or Tier II/Tier III upgrades until you used up the spawns for the Tier I.

After that, there's the current Bloodweb we have. If they would re-instate the old Rarities without affecting the spawns, you'd see that it is quite balanced, it has a bit of everything and is balanced.

Dang, you got alot for Ace. Thanks for sharing this, it helps me look at the bloodweb at a different perspective, rather than just it being a random 'shop' that throws random items at you.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

Just cause you like the color? No thanks.

• kate_best_girl

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

I will love you forever

• kate_best_girl

@Dreamnomad said:

K didn't ask

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

@kate_best_girl said:

@Dreamnomad said:

K didn't ask

Yeah... you actually did. You posted a request on an open forum. If you wanted the request to be private you could have sent a letter or private message.

• kate_best_girl

@Dreamnomad said:

@kate_best_girl said:

@Dreamnomad said:

K didn't ask

Yeah... you actually did. You posted a request on an open forum. If you wanted the request to be private you could have sent a letter or private message.

K didn't ask

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Brady said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Hey, would ya?

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

I will love you forever

I will create a post in the next days and share it with a direct download link
  • kate_best_girl

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Brady said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Hey, would ya?

kate_best_girl said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

I will love you forever

Okie ^-^

• Jake_Parks_prince
    Jake_Parks_prince Member Posts: 218

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Brady said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Hey, would ya?

kate_best_girl said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

I will love you forever

No need I recreated the perks right when they came out would either of you like them?

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

Absolutely not. Let my tell you why.
    There are 54 killer perks. Not bad right? Yeah, no. There's tiers.
    That means there's technically 162 perks. That's 162 bloodwebs. It already costs multiple millions of bloodpoints to max out perks on a character. Putting ultra rare perks back in would increase the cost of ALL of this.
    Absolutely not.

• TangledHelix
    TangledHelix Member Posts: 89

At one point when the color didn't equal price I would have said yes. But since color = price it would just take forever to prestige/level up. If they lower the cost of perks then sure.

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

@TangledHelix said:
    At one point when the color didn't equal price I would have said yes. But since color = price it would just take forever to prestige/level up. If they lower the cost of perks then sure.

@AntiJelly said:
    That means there's technically 162 perks. That's 162 bloodwebs. It already costs multiple millions of bloodpoints to max out perks on a character. Putting ultra rare perks back in would increase the cost of ALL of this.
    Absolutely not.

They could just make it still 6000 bloodpoints just with a different color

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@TangledHelix said:

@AntiJelly said:
    Absolutely not.

They could just make it still 6000 bloodpoints just with a different color

They couldn't
     It would be consistent with other things
  • Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

I just want us to be able to customise stuff like this, like using the color we want for the UI and stuff, would be cool

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

All I want to see is those perks back, they looked nice on the side of your screen and they were not bannable