The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Sometimes I wish killer was in 3rd person

Not to have an advantage or anything I like the 1st person POV but sometimes I just want to see my beautiful cosmetics and p3 in the trial. Shame only the survivors get to see them in all of their glory. 

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

True

Really weird if you think about it too, usually the victims play in 1st person for more horror

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    edited February 2019
    Master said:

True

Really weird if you think about it too, usually the victims play in 1st person for more horror

Yeah, Outlast really captured Horror with first person. Resident Evil 2 is 3rd person tho and it's still just as terrifying. 
    Post edited by PhantomMask20763 on
  • Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254
    Master said:

True

Hmm well people are always talking about adding a new gameplay mode. Maybe they could just have a mode were you play in 3d person for killers and 1st person for survivors. 
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

This is something I want so badly but know we'll never have because of the buffs it'd give to killer :cry:
    I wouldn't mind if taking up a perk slot, I always use shadowborn anyways.

• Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247

@Jed said:
    Master said:

True

Hmm well people are always talking about adding a new gameplay mode. Maybe they could just have a mode were you play in 3d person for killers and 1st person for survivors. 

3rd person killer with 3rd person survivor would already be unplayable, but if BHVR wants to waste it's time working months on a game mode that will be played once and then abandoned with the quickness, then they'll make 3rd killer/1st survivor.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Master said:

True

1st person perspective isn't necessary to create fear and horror. Even drop down perspective can create fear, best example is the game called DARKWOOD
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

This is something I want so badly but know we'll never have because of the buffs it'd give to killer :cry:
    I wouldn't mind if taking up a perk slot, I always use shadowborn anyways.

Are you aware that 3rd person for killer is more powerful than all 4 perkslots? Lmao "taking up one perk slot" smh
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Master said:

True

1st person perspective isn't necessary to create fear and horror. Even drop down perspective can create fear, best example is the game called DARKWOOD
    Resident Evil is also horrifying (for me at least) and its 3rd person. So that's another example 
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

It'd be pretty freaking slick that's for sure.

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

@Jed said:
    Master said:

True

3rd person killer with 3rd person survivor would already be unplayable, but if BHVR wants to waste it's time working months on a game mode that will be played once and then abandoned with the quickness, then they'll make 3rd killer/1st survivor.

Easy Kamikaze Rose was just saying it could be a option...you know like the KWF. But yeah I'm sure more would prefer to have the option for playing with no SWF people in ranked matches. 
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    I actually prefer first person instead of third person *shrugs*
  • SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Master said:

True

Nope, completely disagree. SOME games do 3rd person horror right, prime example is SIlent Hill. But 1st person is, in general, more immersive and therefore more scary when it comes to making you actually feel like you are there. Top down is not scary at all, and breaks immersion in any horror game imo.