The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This Event Sucks

Lanterns turn from red to yellow in less than 10 seconds on third hook. ######### stupid.

Comments

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

The killer side of the event was an afterthought.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Yeah, hope the devs know thereir mistakes and can learn
  • scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

They should stay red through the entire dying on hook animation. That would make the event waaayyy better. But at least they fixed the point system for killers so it's not nearly as bad now.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

@scorpio said:
    They should stay red through the entire dying on hook animation. That would make the event waaayyy better. But at least they fixed the point system for killers so it's not nearly as bad now.

EXACTLY. I get cheated out of a lantern like 30% of the time.

• TheRealDweard
    TheRealDweard Member Posts: 148

Not to mention the bp points were weak compared to the other events.

• tehshadowman33

@TheRealDweard said:
    Not to mention the bp points were weak compared to the other events.

I've wasted my life grinding out for this event.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I said this before. They should turn back to yellow at the same time the hatch opens, which is after the entire sacrifice animation has fully played out.

If the hatch can't open earlier because it thinks a sacrifice hasn't fully completee then why do the lanterns turn back early?
  • tehshadowman33
    edited February 2019

@The_Crusader said:
    I said this before. They should turn back to yellow at the same time the hatch opens, which is after the entire sacrifice animation has fully played out.

If the hatch can't open earlier because it thinks a sacrifice hasn't fully completee then why do the lanterns turn back early?

Exactly. It's freaking stupid. I've had to carry survivors over to hooks with lanterns nearby. Then I have to pray I have enough time to smack the lantern before my 5 seconds are up and it turns yellow.

On another point, the spawning patterns for the lanterns are so random. More times than not, they all seem to spawn in one concentrated area with a few spawning near the middle-outside.

On a third point, when you reset a lantern (you hook a glowing survivor), it should aura highlight where the lantern respawned on the map. I have literally no idea where the lantern respawned when I hook a glowing survivor. I haven't even confirmed if lanterns can respawn on places already broken.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Has there ever been an event where killers didn't get the short end of the stick?

The devs don't know how to balance the game. They don't know how to balance events. They test things on rank 20 where everything is sunshine and flowers. 
  • Paiz
    Paiz Member Posts: 81

@Tsulan said:
    Has there ever been an event where killers didn't get the short end of the stick?

The devs don't know how to balance the game. They don't know how to balance events. They test things on rank 20 where everything is sunshine and flowers. 

I assume its because events aren't tested at all? The only testing I think they do is the ptb and events aren't ever in ptb's.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Paiz said:

@Tsulan said:

I assume its because events aren't tested at all? The only testing I think they do is the ptb and events aren't ever in ptb's.

They don't seem to think about what could go wrong.
    They "fixed" Flashlights for a event. Turning them into something unavoidable.
    They made event hooks sabotageble without thinking about the consequences. 
    An event where everyone had to play killer. 
    Etc.
  • tehshadowman33

@EntityDispleased said:
    For some reason the amount of lanterns you broke doesn't appear at the top right corner as killer. It happened just recently.

I have that bug too. LMAO

• Rekin
    Rekin Member Posts: 9
    I didn't enjoy the event overall but I must say getting the 9th coin was the most fun: I used Leatherface and got multiple hooks and lanterns. Sometimes around 50 points.