The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The most extraordinary killer/survivor builds?

Yamaoka
Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
What is the most extraordinary killer/survivor build you've seen or tried that worked out surprisingly well? I really enjoy trying all kinds of different builds and notice there's actually quite a lot of extraordinary combinations only few people seem to use even though they work like really really efficiently.

So what's your personal experience with extraordinary builds that either destroyed you or worked out surprisingly well for you?

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited February 2019

No Mither Fight Club
    -No Mither
    -Resilience
    -Borrowed Time
    -Deliverance (or choice)

Play like you don't give a single SHHHH about what the killer has and RUSH EVERYTHING. Rush gens. Rush totems. Rush hook saves. Rush if you are Exposed. Rush if Pig put an RBT on you. Just rush. Take hits for other survivors if they are going to go down BUT ONLY IF you can tell the killer REALLY wants to catch them (eg. sponge that Myers EW tier 3 when he is on someone else for that YUMMY slug, now he wastes his stuff and you both get away). Do stuff right in the killer's face if they are chasing someone else. A gen. A totem. Anything they are protecting. FORCE THEM TO TAKE YOUR HOOK. You can do this with NM, and if your team is with you then killer can't stop you guys no matter how hard they try. If they slug you can continue your shenanigans. If they hook you the others finish what the killer is protecting.

Just be prepared to die a lot. Because that's what this build is.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Not a 4 perk combo but I love using Stake out, Detective's hunch with a map.

It is a great counter to every single hex perk, including NOED and Ruin.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited February 2019

I used to use a No mither build which consisted of No mither, Resilience, This is not happening and Dead hard. Surprisingly it's my only build that I've ever got 4 reds on and that's because I carried my team.

Survivor is way harder to get 4 reds on then killer so it made me happy af.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Borrowed Time, Botany Knowledge, and two of anything that help other people. My choices include Empathy, We're Gonna Live Forever, We'll Make It, Kindred, Hope, and perhaps utility perks like Small Game for Hex cleansing or Plunderer's Instinct for Item acquisition.

I use this to see my teammates out of the match to the best of my ability. The point isn't for you to survive, but to help them do so. If someone gets hooked at the end, I always try for a trade. Most killers like to just hook you both, but sometimes you can grab a guy who will escape while you get hooked, and that means you've won.

All Perks included in base game and do not require DLC. There are plenty of decent perks to sub in if you like or have access, such as Quentin's ability to get med kits, or Adam's healing skill.

• yes
    yes Member Posts: 361

Small Game, Slippery Meat, Lightweight and Plunderer's Instinct or Deja Vu. I call this one the 'Get ready to die' build.

For killers, Beast of Prey, Unrelenting, Fire Up and Hex: Thrill of the Hunt. I call this one the 'Get ready to derank' build.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    I like Cote's build for Freddy with overcharge.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Stake out, detective's hunch, sprint burst with a map.

Push through the ruin for the first gen and get to know all 5 totems.

A very easy counter for the ruin and NOED. You realistically just need Detective's hunch but maps help a lot too. I really wish that there was a perk that gives us a free map just like pharmacy.

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381
    edited February 2019

You'll all either hate or love this ;
    Killer : Spirit
    Addons : Mother-Daughter Ring, Prayer Beads
    Perks : Thrill of the Hunt | Devour Hope | Play With Your Food | BBQ
    Basically, this build is pretty self explanatory but with some setup it's basically like double speed but with prayer beads and eventually you can get a sneaky mori and nobody is able to do a thing about it. It's basically impossible to lose with this build. Because you're always grabbing people, you don't lose tokens on play with your food keeping you at a constant +15% speed or 0.6 additional m/s

Killer : Freddy
    Addons : Swing Chains, Jump Rope
    Perks : Dying Light | Thanatophobia | Sloppy Butcher | Pop Goes the Weasel
    Nothing is getting done with that match as when you get this build going, generators take 400 seconds to complete (this is assuming survivors are unlucky with skillchecks and you can keep them asleep).

Killer : Trapper
    Addons : Iridescent Stone, Bloody Coil
    Perks : Remember Me | BBQ | Save The Best For Last or Dying Light if you really hate your obession | Bloodhound or anything else
    Just trap the exits. What are the survivors gonna do, leave?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

While it's always very dangerous, i'm actually surprised how often i get more than 1 hit in at 3 Tokens on Devour Hope.
    And while being able to keep the Totem alive & killing them is definitely more awesome, being able to end 1-2 chases 20 seconds sooner is already an enormous gain.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Jumpscare Bubba:
    Tinkerer
    Monitor and Abuse
    Insidious
    Surveillance.

Kick a gen, go insidious and run back in once its white. Keep track on progressions to make the best use of Tinkerer and M&A. 

I played as and against that meme build, its funny though not viable, can still lead to a few nice rounds if you don't take the game seriously.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Jumpscare Bubba:
    Tinkerer
    Monitor and Abuse
    Insidious
    Surveillance.

Kick a gen, go insidious and run back in once its white. Keep track on progressions to make the best use of Tinkerer and M&A. 

I played as and against that meme build, its funny though not viable, can still lead to a few nice rounds if you don't take the game seriously.
    I've seen people using insidious to camp gens and then get free grabs. Funny, but as you said, not viable at all.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Vietfox said:
    Jumpscare Bubba:
    Tinkerer
    Monitor and Abuse
    Insidious
    Surveillance.

I've seen people using insidious to camp gens and then get free grabs. Funny, but as you said, not viable at all.
    A jumpscare Bubba is so terrifying with his chainsaw that half the survivors panic and run blindly into walls, which is the funniest thing to witness in the game.