The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Does a Dark Sense Counter Exist? - Perk / Offering / Other?

Is there a way that Killers can block the ability that Dark Sense gives Survivors to see the Killers aura from anywhere on the map after they complete a generator?

Because I've been using Dark Sense for a looooong time now, you can set your watch to it, every time you complete a generator and have a quick look around BAM! there's the Killer's aura every time without question.

After months of successfully using Dark Sense I found a match where every time I completed a Generator no matter where I looked on the map, 360 degrees I couldn't see the Killers aura at all.

Us there a perk to counter this? An offering? An aftershave lotion? Why would this be happening when every time before now it's always worked 100% of the time like clockwork.

There's a specific point I'd like to reach with this but I'd like your input first.

Cheers.

Comments

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Alert doesn't work against Freddy when you are not in his dream world, which killer did you face?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Freddy's aura can't be read unless you are asleep. His power hard counters all these survivor aura perks.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    With tier I Myers you will not see his aura.
  • e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

@brokedownpalace said:
    With tier I Myers you will not see his aura.

@thesuicidefox said:
    Freddy's aura can't be read unless you are asleep. His power hard counters all these survivor aura perks.

@Delfador said:
    Alert doesn't work against Freddy when you are not in his dream world, which killer did you face?

Ok that's good to know, I knew about Freddy but not about T1 Myres. These are core unique Killer abilities that cannot be transferred via perks. With that in mind:

Are there any other Killers that have immunity to Dark Sense? Legion perhaps? It's just I was up against Legion, completed 2 gens, did a thorough 360 over the 7 seconds I had to see the Killers aura both times and nothing.

Also this Legion I was up against was using Legion abilities so they didn't have that Very Rare offering to change their core Killer skill set to either Freddy or Myres which would have been kind of obvious anyway.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@e8Lattice said:

Ok that's good to know, I knew about Freddy but not about T1 Myres. These are core unique Killer abilities that cannot be transferred via perks. With that in mind:

Are there any other Killers that have immunity to Dark Sense? Legion perhaps? It's just I was up against Legion, completed 2 gens, did a thorough 360 over the 7 seconds I had to see the Killers aura both times and nothing.

Also this Legion I was up against was using Legion abilities so they didn't have that Very Rare offering to change their core Killer skill set to either Freddy or Myres which would have been kind of obvious anyway.

No legion doesn't have that ability but there is one perk that I think can affect dark sense.

Hex: Third seal disables your aura reading ability.

As far as I know, this is the only way to disable your aura reading ability perk wise. There are some other ways like RBT addons but since you went against a legion, that is not possible.

Do you remember the perks he used?

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

@Delfador said:

@e8Lattice said:

No legion doesn't have that ability but there is one perk that I think can affect dark sense.

Hex: Third seal disables your aura reading ability.

As far as I know, this is the only way to disable your aura reading ability perk wise. There are some other ways like RBT addons but since you went against a legion, that is not possible.

Do you remember the perks he used?

I really wish I screenshotted the after match results now, apologies but I didn't think too much of it till well after the match was over, it was just gnawing at the corners of my mind so I had to speak up about it.

But it is good to know that it is possible for Legion to bypass the Dark Sense perk with Hex: Third Seal

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Evil Within Myers & Freddy (when you're not in the Dream World) can't have their auras read.

Some Killers have add-ons that cause Blindness, so you can't see any auras. There is also Hex: The Third Seal to cause blindness too.