PS4 - Doctor users... Why?

This game is zero fun when someone is using Doctor on PS4... it lags down to like 10 FPS the entire match... Is that why you choose doctor? I see matches where the lag screws killer and survivor over equally, so its pointless and unfun.

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    I like the laugh.
  • AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

@qpwoeiruty said:
    This game is zero fun when someone is using Doctor on PS4... it lags down to like 10 FPS the entire match... Is that why you choose doctor? I see matches where the lag screws killer and survivor over equally, so its pointless and unfun.

I've played a fair amount of Doctor on PS4, and the FPS is fine. If you think it's actually that bad, you should see how Xbox runs it.

• SailedSavage
    SailedSavage Member Posts: 280
    I never lag against a doctor unless they had high ping to begin with. Just dodge high ping lobbies and you'll be fine. 
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    I can't say I experience the lag as a survivor. 

I mostly just play doc for rituals. He has an infectious laugh, too.
  • Paiz
    Paiz Member Posts: 81

maybe they play doc because he's really easy? and yeah, console doc drops the fps quite a bit, worth playing for free bloodpoints and 4ks though.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

This might just be a rare problem for a small amount of people. I fight against Doctors sometimes and I experience little to no framerate lag.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

This game is zero fun when someone is using Doctor on PS4... it lags down to like 10 FPS the entire match... Is that why you choose doctor?

No, i choose him because he's my bloodpoints farmer
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@qpwoeiruty said:

Probably has one of the largest build diversity, best BP generator in the game, infectious laugh and overall fun to play. I see no lag when playing against a Doc unless the ping was bad to begin with and playing as the Doc I only run into lag on specific maps in specific spots (library/office in Lerys for example).

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    His laugh is adorable. He tends to destroy swf’s will to live. I love his style. He and Freddy are My Bois. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@qpwoeiruty said:

Dont blame the player, blame BHVR

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

Because PS4 killers want you to feel our 10 FPS pain.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited February 2019

What? The FPS has never dropped that bad for me as or against Doc and I've been maining him since September 2017.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    edited February 2019

@SailedSavage said:
    I never lag against a doctor unless they had high ping to begin with. Just dodge high ping lobbies and you'll be fine. 

They're talking about fps lag, not server lag.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    I have ran and played against the Doctor since PS4 release and never seen a fps drop with him. I run him because he is a great np farmer, his laugh is great and he annoys the piss out of survivors. 
  • qpwoeiruty
    qpwoeiruty Member Posts: 98

I guess its just me? lol... No one EVER runs into FPS issues against the doctor? especially on the big maps? I got decent internet and everything it cant just be me lol

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637

Maybe you have an older console like the original PS4? Ive heard of fps issues in that sceny
  • qpwoeiruty
    qpwoeiruty Member Posts: 98

late 2015 i got mine so maybe? it has trouble reading discs now too lol

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@AntiJelly said:

@qpwoeiruty said:

I've played a fair amount of Doctor on PS4, and the FPS is fine. If you think it's actually that bad, you should see how Xbox runs it.

It's not about the person playing the Doc, it's about the people playing surv who have the fps problem.

This issue is very real and definitely messes up your looping as a survivor on PS4.

However, not the person playing Doc is at fault. BHVR is to blame.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    qpwoeiruty said:

Maybe you have an older console like the original PS4? Ive heard of fps issues in that sceny

It can also happen on PS4 Pro. Also some maps worsen the fps problem. Red Forest with rain can be pretty bad, for example.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I play almost all killers on rotation, that's why I play Doctor

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

@qpwoeiruty said:
    late 2015 i got mine so maybe? it has trouble reading discs now too lol

Sounds like your ps4 is full of dust, clean it out and it will read discs like you just bought it

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited February 2019

Zero fun?

Have you ever faced Legion players? Sweaty as they come

Doctor is a blessing

• Hoodied

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Zero fun?

Doctor is a blessing

Don't hate on legion
    Legion is not sweaty believe me, I am a legion main
    But yet, doctor is still annoying as hell and breaks fps like sloppy butcher on console

• Swiftblade131

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Zero fun?

Doctor is a blessing

Don't hate on legion
    But yet, doctor is still annoying as hell and breaks fps like sloppy butcher on console

Seeing as that is a console problem, imma leave that there.

I despise Legion, nothing will end up changing that.

• Hoodied

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Zero fun?

Doctor is a blessing

Don't hate on legion

Why do you despise them, they just know that if you run behind them at a pallet, they are gonna swing behind them

• Swiftblade131
    edited February 2019

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Zero fun?

Doctor is a blessing

Don't hate on legion

Why do you despise them, they just know that if you run behind them at a pallet, they are gonna swing behind them

This man said Doctor is zero fun, and on console since that may be true simply because of FPS loss through shocking and sloppy butcher, but I am on PC, that is not a problem.

If we are going with a fun factor ignoring FPS issues, Legion is the least fun killer I have ever played against.

I am not a survivor main, but I have yet to have a fun or really "good" match against a Legion, the moonwalking exploit is annoying.

I am a Hill Billy and Nurse main

• Hoodied

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Zero fun?

Doctor is a blessing

Don't hate on legion

This man said Doctor is zero fun, and on console since that may be true simply because of FPS loss through shocking and sloppy butcher, but I am on PC, that is not a problem.

If we are going with a fun factor ignoring FPS issues, Legion is the least fun killer I have ever played against.

PC is gonna have better FPS, I have actually been thinking about getting on because of that reason, but console optimization is coming, and its gonna take the same amount of time as freddy's rework
    Also, legion being unfun to play against is opinionated to touche my friend, touche

• Swiftblade131

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Zero fun?

Doctor is a blessing

Don't hate on legion

PC is gonna have better FPS, I have actually been thinking about getting on because of that reason, but console optimization is coming, and its gonna take the same amount of time as freddy's rework
    Also, legion being unfun to play against is opinionated to touche my friend, touche

A surprisingly popular opinion

• Hoodied

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Zero fun?

Doctor is a blessing

Don't hate on legion

Does not mean its a fact, I enjoy legion, against and playing as
    (going off topic here, to all of you who say you cannot juke legions frenzy, do it all the time simply do the same thing as before, but mess with them in the process)

• Swiftblade131
    edited February 2019

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Zero fun?

Doctor is a blessing

Don't hate on legion

(going off topic here, to all of you who say you cannot juke legions frenzy, do it all the time simply do the same thing as before, but mess with them in the process)

Every Legion I have played against thus far, has just tunneled and camped. At least half did the bloodhound moonwalk, so even if I wanted to mend I couldn't, because they would find through bloodtrail or mending sound and M1 or use 1 last Frenzy Hit

Very few actively tried to hit multiple survivors, even if they happened upon a group of 3, they seemed to just pick one and go for that one. Which of course happened to be me far to often.
    The Legion players in question probably were just not very good, hence using them ineffectively, cause they only got 1 maybe 2 survivors.

But as you know, poor experiences lead to a bad point of view, and as such, I have had a bad experience facing Legion, thus making him no fun to play against.

Even as of now, what I have said still holds true, they just do not use their power properly, making it less fun for the person because tunneled by a Legion. Tunneled by any killer is annoying, but with the way Legion's power is, it's pretty much amplified. Since no counter play if they really want you.

• Hoodied

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Zero fun?

Doctor is a blessing

Don't hate on legion

Every Legion I have played against thus far, has just tunneled and camped. At least half did the bloodhound moonwalk, so even if I wanted to mend I couldn't, because they would find through bloodtrail or mending sound and M1 or use 1 last Frenzy Hit

Very few actively tried to hit multiple survivors, even if they happened upon a group of 3, they seemed to just pick one and go for that one. Which of course happened to be me far to often.
    The Legion players in question probably were just not very good, hence using them ineffectively, cause they only got 1 maybe 2 survivors.

But as you know, poor experiences lead to a bad point of view, and as such, I have had a bad experience facing Legion, thus making him no fun to play against.

Even as of now, what I have said still holds true, they just do not use their power properly, making it less fun for the person because tunneled by a Legion. Tunneled by any killer is annoying, but with the way Legion's power is, it's pretty much amplified. Since no counter play if they really want you.

Every legion plays wrong, some play properly, In my opinion, hit one survivor hit the other and hit the other again, or with thanato, hit them all and make them suffer the results, don't tunnel, it will hurt you even more

• Swiftblade131
    edited February 2019

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Zero fun?

Doctor is a blessing

Don't hate on legion

Every legion plays wrong, some play properly, In my opinion, hit one survivor hit the other and hit the other again, or with thanato, hit them all and make them suffer the results, don't tunnel, it will hurt you even more

Exactly, tunneling doesn't help them at all.

However what it does do, is make the game very unfun for the one player, while every other player gets off free. Hence my situation here.

Some chases can be fun, Billy with his Chainsaw, Nurses blinks, Huntress Hatchets, which to a degree take some amount of skill or precision.

I am not trying to call Legion skilless, but comparatively the ceiling is lower, compared even to Clown, Trapper, Myers, Spirit. But that is just me.

• Hoodied

@Swiftblade131 the other issue is those who camp and tunnel with legion, they can make it out with one kill, but legion is a killer that still needs work, but this is to be expected, we have about 13 killers, its gonna be harder to make an ability for a killer now