The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Anyone else having these weirdly ranked games?

Been having killer games where the ranks are heavily skewed like this. Doesn't affect survivor games.

Answers

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited February 2019
    Occasionally. Feels bad destroying a full group only to learn later they were 3 rank 12-s and a single rank 3.
    I always assumed that quickly filling lobbies is a priority over putting people of similar ranks together, which is btw not such a bad thing: I remember I didn't mind at all being pitted against higher rank players when I was new. You learn faster that way.

One thing bugs me much more: I don't know why, but the matchmaking algorithm often puts a full team of Japanese or Koreans in my lobbies. Makes no sense, I'm from Eastern Europe, so my ping with them is well over 300. I can't imagine why, you'd think location based filtering is the simplest thing. Quite annoying, really.
  • mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited February 2019

Ughhh this happens to me all the time! & once I reached red ranks, I started getting like.. rank 15 survivors in my lobby and I'd look like, 'I was WONDERING why they were all more potato-y than usual.'

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Something like this never happened to me. But usually I have some SWF that have like two rank 2, one rank 6 and one rank 10 to go against lower rank killers

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    edited February 2019

It's a miracle you even destroyed them. Good job.

You might want to cover the names, these forums have a rule against naming people.

Post edited by Shad03 on
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@The_Phyrrhical said:

Been having killer games where the ranks are heavily skewed like this. Doesn't affect survivor games.

Stuff like this happens if there are no other killers they can face. After some time, killers from other ranks are considered for matchmaking. Guess the killer population is dying slowly.

• Maelstrom1313
    Maelstrom1313 Member Posts: 230
    I get matches like that all time when am not a high rank but I don't mind it too much as you can kinda already guess what perks are been used within first min of match starting an what kinda survivors your playing against depending on your rank where its 20-15, 15-10, 10-5 an 5-1 
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

There's not enough Killers for them at their rank. I'm impressed that you managed to get a 3k. Games like that usually end in the Killer being dominated and getting either a 0k or a 1k.

@Master said:

@The_Phyrrhical said:

Stuff like this happens if there are no other killers they can face. After some time, killers from other ranks are considered for matchmaking. Guess the killer population is dying slowly.

Seems like people are started to get fed up with the current state of the game for Killers.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

I've had rank 1 ones with low rank SWF buddies in my matches before but nothing like this, this game truly is amazing

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SnakeSound222 said:
    There's not enough Killers for them at their rank. I'm impressed that you managed to get a 3k. Games like that usually end in the Killer being dominated and getting either a 0k or a 1k.

@Master said:

@The_Phyrrhical said:

Seems like people are started to get fed up with the current state of the game for Killers.

I wish that this would have happened earlier and that BHVR did sth earlier, now im playing other stuff too^^

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Props to you for still getting a 3k against that, and with Trapper no less
  • laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

SWF !!! this feature broke the entire game.