The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do Ruin Feel like A Waste Of Slot Perk?

Yea I do think it's needed to slow down the game but then you get matches when ruin is gone in the 1st 10 seconds of the game adn it's pointless. Which is why I'm using Hunt lullaby which is I think is simply better if its not broken at 5 stacks with survivors relying on the sound que for the skill check. Not only that, it seems survivor don't bother with totems if it's not ruin apparently.

Comments

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

Sometimes, sometimes not. It depends on the spot it's at.

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

At times it can be a waste.

• perotx
    perotx Member Posts: 77
    edited February 2019

That's the risk of running it. It can be very powerful, but it can also be cleansed fast. I run Than instead. It's kinda weak right now, it needs a slight number buff, but at least you know for sure it's going to stay.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

To me? Yes.
    Honestly I'll run Thana before I run ruin. It's weaker but at least it lasts all match and has good synergy with other perks like Sloppy/Nurses/'I hate clowns-the Perk'.

I can see why people run it, it's effective if you get a good totem spawn or have high mobility to protect it (or traps), but it's way more likely that it'll just spawn out in the open with nothing hiding it (looking at you Disturbed Ward totem spawns).

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

It really is. Like someone else mentioned, I prefer to just run thana.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Even with the times you get unlucky and it's cleansed almost immediately it is still far better than any of the other options. I think it's required. Lullaby is bad and so is Thanata.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

R2 is my Ruin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    I run ruin in lower ranks but in higher ranks depending on the team I’m playing against (if they’re good/bad survivors) it’s a maybe. 

In higher ranks ruin can be found pretty easily by players who know what they’re doing (or know locations).

All ruin can really do is slow down the rate on generators for a short while. It can also be ignored because I’ve had games where I played survivor and everyone did all 5 generators ignoring ruin.

So is it a waste? Not particularly but it varies and depends on the players you are opposing. 
  • Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

@ZeroGaiden said:
    Yea I do think it's needed to slow down the game but then you get matches when ruin is gone in the 1st 10 seconds of the game adn it's pointless. Which is why I'm using Hunt lullaby which is I think is simply better if its not broken at 5 stacks with survivors relying on the sound que for the skill check. Not only that, it seems survivor don't bother with totems if it's not ruin apparently.

If it is destroyed that fast it earned you intel on your first down. Use it.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Sometimes. I've started playing without it. Haven't had many issues so far.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    I don't run ruin anymore because frankly I'm bored of it. I'm bored of running straight to my totem when the game starts, I'm bored of playing with 3 perks when my totem gets cleansed, I'm bored of having nothing to protect gens as soon as my totem is gone. 

Therefore I prefer to use perks at the moment even though it forces me to build momentum quickly.

Without ruin you HAVE to down someone during the first 60 seconds of a game (or at least it feels that way) and even then 1-3 gens WILL pop before you manage to check the gens after hooking that survivor. 

But the thing is. Gens may pop more quickly but since you have 1 extra perk without ruin you can use that perk slot for something that helps you end chases more quickly (i.e. enduring) or protect generators (i.e. pop goes the gen) allowing you to build momentum after the first losing said 1-3 generators.
  • tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

Once they implement the new system for placing totems, it'll be a tad better. Right now, it's crap. The new system will use every possible survivor spawn point, then do a laser beam to check if any totems are visible from a survivor's camera during the intro sequence. If it's visible, then it'll be removed.

• Misa22
    Misa22 Member Posts: 36
    At times it feels like an empty slot, indeed.
    I use sloppy over it, at least people have to spend some time healing. 
  • LegendofXander
    LegendofXander Member Posts: 5
    Finding at the high ranks that you're spot on. SWF and normal teams find and destroy it in the first 1-2 mins.
    On hag I still run it as she can protect it better sometimes with traps but started running Legions discordance perk on everyone else.
    Even though it's considered a weak perk it let's you know where the first gens are getting rushed and head straight to them from the start of the match.
    SWF catch on quick but still get at least one early hook which helps massively at rank 2 for me.
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

After rank 10 It's definitely a waste, 9 times out of 10 it's found and taken out within the first 30 seconds of the match, It's not worth the risk. It's sad because it has the most potential to slow the game down which killers desperately need.

You'd be better off running Sloppy Butcher, you'll most likely waste more time then ruin.

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    Sloppy plus thanophobia plus That clown perk that slows healing, with the increased terror radius perk AND Doctor with his addons. Its pretty good.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ZeroGaiden said:

When I load into the game, walk half way to my totem to set a hag trap and it already is gone..... yeah feels like ruin is a wasted perk slot

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Depends on where it spawns. Spawns have gotten slightly better and than you have one in a dead open field.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Sometimes, yes. Either survivors are blasting through it, or they find it too fast. I'm usually happy if I get a full minute out of Ruin. I've found its often better to avoid ruin and run Lullaby and Hope together. Survivors tend to not be so fast to look for Lullaby until it is hindering them. By then, I've got 3-5 stacks of Hope - unless they started right next to it, which happened last match. Both totems gone in the first 15 seconds of the match. Poor Trapper was alone with his traps. Still 3k'ed, but was only due to good gen placement for traps.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Sometimes the worst spot of ruin is the reason why I 4k 5 gen a match. But that's because the survivors are greedy af and want the totem to badly that I can capitalise on that, it's totally up to the survivors and not to me doing amazing.
  • IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

It's a waste or a very good perk depending on totem spot. Sometimes even a survivor spam next to the totem...

• Rekin
    Rekin Member Posts: 9
    Small Game usually takes care of it.
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

It slows the game down just a lil' bit.