The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New Perk Idea: Unevitable Tragedy

Your Expression and atitude brings Fear and Despair making them make more mistakes.
During a chase, if a survivor looks at you for a total of 14/10/6 seconds their Field of view and screen contrast is slightly/moderately/considerably reduced in the course of 3 seconds.

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Did you mean ''inevitable''?

This sounds interesting, especially for the Red Glow, you can play better mindgames with Survivors with this. My concern is that this could be too powerful on Freddy since the Dreamworld is monochrome, the Survivors might not be able to see anything at all. Also I think the Killer needs some form of confirmation that the Survivor tyhey are chasing is under the effect, maybe the Perk icon turns on?

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

Interesting concept... however that would be very hurtful to whoever has already sight problems. I've got a friend which he can't see contrast very well and gets a headache out of it so... this would cause him severe migraines.

Also, the perk can easily countered with the Nvidia application should one chose to use it. The field of view is... ok? But the contrast needs to go, it's weakness can be exploited and it wouldn't benefit a part of the players.

• Why not just make Slender Man while we’re at it 😀
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Deep Wounds already screws up your screen and TBH I F'ing hate it. It's hard to out play the killer when you can't see.

Good effort though with the idea. I just think it would end up being really lame on survivor side.

• Chicken
    Chicken Member Posts: 123

maybe instead of having the contrast disappear, have a red glow appear on the survivors back for 2 seconds and show the killer hiting them on the back like they're seeing what is goin to happen to them? or is that too Doctor?

@HatCreature said:
    Did you mean ''inevitable''?

Yes

• Chicken
    Chicken Member Posts: 123

@NurseMainBTW About the Nvidia stuff.
    if at tier 3 it turned contrast all the way to 0 more contrast would work. making the black and white game more contrasting just would make it more black and white. it would hurt the survivor more.
    and your friend has random Headaches but still plays horror games? isn't that dangerous?

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
    Nah. He only has problems when the contrast is way too high or changes drastically in little time.