The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Holding game hostage?

I was in a match where I killed one  person at the end. before the gates where open 2 people leave 1 stayed behind looking for the hatch but I had found it first. I camped the hatch. I few minutes later I the last remaining survior find the hatch we have a hatch standoff. Once he thought I wasn't playing tried to jump and got hooked. What my question is, is that holding a game hostage for either of us 

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

No.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    No. It's called "hatch standoff".
  • venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666
    I thought of the hatch stand off as 1 gen left one survior left. not all gens done one killed 2 escaped through the gates and one who wants the hatch
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@venom12784 said:
    I was in a match where I killed one  person at the end. before the gates where open 2 people leave 1 stayed behind looking for the hatch but I had found it first. I camped the hatch. I few minutes later I the last remaining survior find the hatch we have a hatch standoff. Once he thought I wasn't playing tried to jump and got hooked. What my question is, is that holding a game hostage for either of us 

No, its the most stupid design I have ever seen in a game

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Holding the game hostage would be like, being the last survivor and just hiding around the map instead of escaping to try and make a killer dc.
    I also think it could be a killer holding a survivor in a corner till they dc. Not positive tho

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

@venom12784 said:
    I thought of the hatch stand off as 1 gen left one survior left. not all gens done one killed 2 escaped through the gates and one who wants the hatch

Hatch stand-off is when both Survivor and Killer are waiting at the hatch because both want control of it and neither are willing to concede it.

@blue4zion said:
    I also think it could be a killer holding a survivor in a corner till they dc. Not positive tho

That is indeed holding the game hostage if the Survivor has no way to escape the corner..

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666
    Oh ok I got it I thought it maybe a hostage situation cause if the gates being open . Thank for the explanation