The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Worried about dedicated servers?

So recently solo survivors have been showing up in lobbies at the same time as each other leading to a lot of killers lobby dogging because they suspect SWF and dedicated servers are expected to make it so everyone join at the same time as well.

So is anyone worried that if killers don't have a way of telling whether or not the survivors are in a chat party with each other that they will stop playing the game.

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

So is anyone worried that if killers don't have a way of telling whether or not the survivors are in a chat party with each other that they will stop playing the game.

No, i actually encourage those dodgers to stop playing the game. I might get longer queues but at least i'm not gonna get dodged as soon as i get there and be forced to restart the queue, like it's happening right now
  • perotx
    perotx Member Posts: 77

Good riddance.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Well, they might stop playing the game but I really am not worried.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Lag is going to be a bigger killer killer. The killer's lag will not affect him more than those he hosts. Latency between the server and the killer's connection will make it hard for many who currently benefit from high ping lobbies.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

It will be an issue but some of those dodgers i suspect are also the rage quitters when things don't go there way. What i don't get is everyone who plays this game survivor or killer loses sometimes. I don't care if it is a streamer or whoever. People lose all the time what is the big freaking deal? @Vietfox i think you feel the same way when you 4k a swf it feels better than a lobby of randoms. I have been rushed off maps also. It doesn't stop me from playing let alone dodging.

• Vietfox
    @fcc2014 said:

It will be an issue but some of those dodgers i suspect are also the rage quitters when things don't go there way. What i don't get is everyone who plays this game survivor or killer loses sometimes. I don't care if it is a streamer or whoever. People lose all the time what is the big freaking deal? @Vietfox i think you feel the same way when you 4k a swf it feels better than a lobby of randoms. I have been rushed off maps also. It doesn't stop me from playing let alone dodging.

What i really like is to face good players, getting 4K is just an extra. But yeah, feels better when you do it against a death squad wannabe instead of survivor running around like headless chickens.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Vietfox said:

No, i actually encourage those dodgers to stop playing the game. I might get longer queues but at least i'm not gonna get dodged as soon as i get there and be forced to restart the queue, like it's happening right now
    Can I quote you when people complain about 45 minute queues? With a timestamp?
  • Vietfox
    edited February 2019
    @Tsulan said:
    @Vietfox said:

There are long queues already and dodgers make it even worse. If we get rid of dodgers we'll just have 1 long queue.
  • Tsulan
    Vietfox said:
    @Tsulan said:
    @Vietfox said:

There are long queues already and dodgers make it even worse. If we get rid of dodgers we'll just have 1 long queue.
    I need a clear YES/NO answer
  • Vietfox
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    @Tsulan said:
    @Vietfox said:

YES.
  • Tsulan
    Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    @Tsulan said:
    @Vietfox said:

YES.
    Thank you, I'll remember this.

45+ minute queues 

This is just to find it easier. 
  • darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

@Dolphin9192 said:
    So recently solo survivors have been showing up in lobbies at the same time as each other leading to a lot of killers lobby dogging because they suspect SWF and dedicated servers are expected to make it so everyone join at the same time as well.

Not worried at all. After several hours of dodging not being to tell the difference they will either move on or suck it up. Either way I'm sure there won't be a shortage of killers - hell if there is I might even take it back up.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited February 2019
    Will have to wait, and see.

Hopefully the devs will have the nerve, and/or competence to balance killers to SWFs with comms, solos balanced or not, before throwing killers to the wolves. 
    Waiting with low expectations. 

I don't look forward to gambling if the group is an SWF and/or if the group are #########, either wanting to break the game to beat me.
    They're common enough as it is, and it's put me off playing killer something fierce.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited February 2019

Yes, I'm worried because basic logic shows that fewer lobbies means longer queues, and people quit when their queues are too long.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Just don't use weak killers. Pig is garbage, everytime you try to use stealth the survivors give each other a heads up on the mic.

Guess it's Nurse/Billy for everyone.....but then they intend to nerf Nurse so guess it's Hillbilly: The Game.

All other killers are too slow so voice comms hurt them more.
  • Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130

@Vietfox said:

Wanting players who annoy you gone is all well and good but like it or not it more killers are needed. I can only speak for my experience on PS4 but searching for lobbies took long enough before lobby dogging was a common thing. So i guess it comes down to how long would you be willing to wait for each game?

• Tsulan
    Just don't use weak killers. Pig is garbage, everytime you try to use stealth the survivors give each other a heads up on the mic.

Guess it's Nurse/Billy for everyone.....but then they intend to nerf Nurse so guess it's Hillbilly: The Game.

Isn't it sad that we have so many killers but only a few are actually viable?

Why bother purchasing new killers if they get the Freddy treatment after a week?

Survivors get what they want. Killers get told to play survivor or civ. 
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Tsulan said:

Why bother purchasing new killers if they get the Freddy treatment after a week?

I'm conflicted

On one hand I do feel Nurse is OP and needs to be nerfed. But then on the other hand, this is a killer where survivors rely on the player to make mistakes. That is deemed unfair. Yet at the same time it's ok to have all the bottom tier killers who rely on survivors to make mistakes and that is what the game is balanced around. It seems like a double standard.

I bought all the killers shortly after I got into the game expecting them all to be decent. Knowing what I know now I would have probably skipped the entire bottom half of the roster.
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Here is a thought and a way to solve this,

Don't dodge, cause you are hurting yourself more than the swf group or lucky spawn of 4 solo survivors

• Dolphin9192
    edited February 2019

@ToxicFengM1n said:

Don't dodge, cause you are hurting yourself more than the swf group or lucky spawn of 4 solo survivors

Given that survivors were complaining about long wait times this event I doubt that is true.

• Hoodied

@Dolphin9192 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

Given that survivors were complaining about long wait times this event I doubt that is true.

Dodging should occur?
    Or is it hurting swf groups less than you are hurting yourself

• Dolphin9192

@ToxicFengM1n said:

Dodging should occur?

Sorry I should have clarified. It seems to be hurting SWF more than the killers.

• Hoodied

@Dolphin9192 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

Dodging should occur?

Sorry I should have clarified. It seems to be hurting SWF more than the killers.

How, killer still has a huge wait time when dodging, swf will just group back together and bully another killer, which is why I still play this game

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

It will for sure turn Killers away from the game.
    Playing 4 man SWFs back to back isn't a fun experience for a lot of killers, It's already pushing Killers from the game, Myself included.

The whole attitude of telling people to 'Git gud' against an obvious imbalance is so strange to me.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Some will.. or they will adapt and suck it up. I hope they keep dodging.. cause I see only one outcome from it. The Devs will have to crack down on dodging and make it so you can't see anyone in your lobby other then 4 random people.. You won't see their profile.. names... ranks... levels.... clothing... items...

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Dolphin9192 said:

Im more worried about the technical problems.
    What about 360s when they dont happen for the killer in realtime anymore. What about flying projectiles like hatchets?

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    TheBean said:

Some will.. or they will adapt and suck it up. I hope they keep dodging.. cause I see only one outcome from it. The Devs will have to crack down on dodging and make it so you can't see anyone in your lobby other then 4 random people.. You won't see their profile.. names... ranks... levels.... clothing... items...

So the killer goes in completely blind which defeats the purpose of them being able to pick perks to counter items amazing. 
  • Dolphin9192

@ToxicFengM1n said:

How, killer still has a huge wait time when dodging, swf will just group back together and bully another killer, which is why I still play this game

The killer has no wait... at least I don't

• Hoodied

@Dolphin9192 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

The killer has no wait... at least I don't

rank has a play on the matchmaking, being a rank 2 killer makes it take time to find lobbies, and survivors leave lobbies randomly so it improves on the wait time

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    TheBean said:

So the killer goes in completely blind which defeats the purpose of them being able to pick perks to counter items amazing. 
    Imo it would be bad for the game and the devs dont ever want to do it but in many cases the few could ruin it for the many.

Of course the logical way to sort it is for those who dodge for items or clothing could get the option removed only for doing it so many times and it lasts a certain amount of games that have to be completed, it just depends if they are capable of making that happen.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    edited February 2019
    Tsulan said:

At this point we should not bother that much about new killers but keep our defence up so our nurse and billy won't get nerfed. That's all we have.. I know, it's boring to have only 2 really viable killer to combat 99% of survivors (if the skill is there obviously) but at least we got something. My biggest fear is a nurse and billy nerf and lately I heard a lot of people saying that billy will get nerfed 
    Post edited by HavelmomDaS1 on
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Tsulan said:

The_Crusader said:

At this point we should bother that much about new killers but keep our defence up so our nurse and billy won't get nerfed. That's all we have.. I know, it's boring to have only 2 really viable killer to combat 99% of survivors (if the skill is there obviously) but at least we got something. My biggest fear is a nurse and billy nerf and lately I heard a lot of people saying that billy will get nerfed 

If they nerf Billy or Nurse without even touching SWF I think that'd be the braking point for me.

Personally I dont use either of them but It's already a shame that if you want a fair game your forced to play one of those two out of the 14 killers, Such a waste. Having majority of your killers be knowingly and designed to be weaker seems counter productive.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan said:

At this point we should not bother that much about new killers but keep our defence up so our nurse and billy won't get nerfed. That's all we have.. I know, it's boring to have only 2 really viable killer to combat 99% of survivors (if the skill is there obviously) but at least we got something. My biggest fear is a nurse and billy nerf and lately I heard a lot of people saying that billy will get nerfed 
    I think that would be the breaking point for many killer mains. 
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:

I think that would be the breaking point for many killer mains. 
    Yeah would be for me I guess, I can't play nurse all time cuz the fatigue makes me sick.. 
  • Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500

It might surprise you, but there's an easy fix to all this.

The devs can just make it so that joining survivors will be displayed with a random delay, even if they joined the killers lobby all at once. Problem solved. Everything will look like it is right now. Killers won't feel the need to dodge.

Dedicated Servers tomorrow.