The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Potential SWF balance changes

Dehitay
Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I hear a lot of people say that it would be difficult to balance swf without hurting solo survivors, but that really doesn't seem so difficult to me. Since swf groups get more powerful the more people that are in them, I think changes should be different for groups of each size. Here's what I currently think would be a good idea for balancing swf.

For 2 or more members in SWF:
Only 1 medkit, 1 flashlight, and 1 toolbox is allowed per SWF group. Solo players can bring whatever they want regardless of what SWF players bring, but SWF groups can't have duplicates of these 3 item types amongst themselves. Flashlight squads, insta heal squads, and toolbox squads have a massive advantage with voice communication. So I think it would be fair to make them differentiate with these 3 item types.

For 3 or more members in SWF:
When a member of an SWF group is on a hook, all other members of the SWF group suffer from a generator repair debuff. Quite possibly the biggest advantage voice communication gives is the ability to rescue a hooked survivor while keeping as many people on generators as possible with easy efficiency. This wouldn't affect solo survivors, but would help counter the easy at which SWF survivors work on gens since they don't have to guess whether or not they should unhook or continue repairing.

For 4 members in SWF:
After an exit gate is open, everybody nearby has 15 seconds to exit together before the entity forces a 1 survivor at a time exit policy for that gate. So 15 seconds after an exit gate is opened, any time a survivor leaves, the entity blocks off the exit for 15 seconds before any other survivor can leave through the same gate. Since full SWF groups are most likely to get all the generators repaired, this somewhat extends the end game. The survivors either have to wait till everybody is near a gate to finish opening it so they can all leave at once. Or they have to start timing who leaves first and who has to run from the killer and who has to go to what gate. While this would be impossible for solo players, the communication full SWF groups have makes this possible, but gives them more of a challenge.

Comments

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I'm surprised this didn't get any replies. Usually talk about SWF changes causes all kinds of controversy. Is this too bland a suggestion to get any opinions?

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Dehitay said:

I'm surprised this didn't get any replies. Usually talk about SWF changes causes all kinds of controversy. Is this too bland a suggestion to get any opinions?

Because at this point it's obvious SWF will never be touched. So you either deal with it or lobby dodge.
  • artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Dehitay said:

my saved draft was "0 potential" if that helps