The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is this game dead or?

I've been in a q all day so is this game dead or is my internet broken?

Comments

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

@NekoTaryn said:
    I've been in a q all day so is this game dead or is my internet broken?

The game is very much alive. Matchmaking is hit or miss right now. Sometimes instant, sometimes 5+ minutes. You just got unlucky.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

Dead the forums are completely abandoned, welcome young child. What does thou seek?

• NekoTaryn
    NekoTaryn Member Posts: 7

@Detective_Jonathan said:
    Dead the forums are completely abandoned, welcome young child. What does thou seek?

I seek a game for a game i paid for... ooof

• NekoTaryn

@The_Crusader said:
    It's dead

By Daylight  ;)

woah u right!

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

You don't have to wait all day. Your search was buggy, you'd just have to start a new one.

Depending on what role you play (killer, solo surv, SWF) and on which platform you are playing, the queue times differ from instant lobbies to having to wait like 30 minutes.

• NekoTaryn

@NoShinyPony said:
    You don't have to wait all day. Your search was buggy, you'd just have to start a new one.

Depending on what role you play (killer, solo surv, SWF) and on which platform you are playing, the queue times differ from instant lobbies to having to wait like 30 minutes.

I'm on PC, playing a killer. I tried last night and this morning. I have yet to play a game.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

@The_Crusader said:
    It's dead
    By Daylight  ;)

never say that again, for our sanity as much as yours XD

to OP mm is very on, off, on this game and events only make the issues worse, you happened to arrive at the time of an event so, not much you can do but wait it out. But don't worry the game is far from dead :)

• NekoTaryn

@AlphaJackson said:

@The_Crusader said:
    It's dead
    By Daylight  ;)

never say that again, for our sanity as much as yours XD

to OP mm is very on, off, on this game and events only make the issues worse, you happened to arrive at the time of an event so, not much you can do but wait it out. But don't worry the game is far from dead :)

I hope, this game seems cool. xD

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

@NekoTaryn said:
    I hope, this game seems cool. xD

Just gonna throw out a shameless plug and say go watch my yt, same name as on here. ;)

for real the game is great, but the community... it makes League and R6 look great. But hey, if you survive we'll always welcome you to the forums.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2019

Depends on your rank, if you are in 20-16 its the new zone so less players as you cant derank into it, also if survivors join and leave it can bug it out, red ranks can also be problematic at times as some survivors derank out of there.

Rank reset is tomorrow.

• NekoTaryn

@twistedmonkey said:
    Depends on your rank, if you are in 20-16 its the new zone so less players as you cant derank into it, also if survivors join and leave it can bug it out, red ranks can also be problematic at times as some survivors derank out of there.

Rank reset is tomorrow.

So tomorrow should be better for match making?

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    @NekoGamerX a few things to consider

- If you're new, queues take longer. Try to rank up fast (shouldn't be too hard)
    - If no survivor shows up for 1-2 minutes, close your lobby and open a new one. Sometimes there's some kind of bug, preventing anyone from joining.
    - And finally, where are you located? Plenty of players from Europe, here should be no problem. Probably the same with most US regions, not sure. But if you live in Kiribati or Lesotho... may want to consider moving :)
  • laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

Some popular DBD streamer are not playing the game... mmm this is sad....
    i try to play myself but the DC is so real...cant play ...

this is bad.

• NekoTaryn

@laKUKA said:
    Some popular DBD streamer are not playing the game... mmm this is sad....
    i try to play myself but the DC is so real...cant play ...

this is bad.

I just got into a game finally and the two people i downed left right away.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@The_Crusader said:
    It's dead

By Daylight  ;)

Wow, I could have lived without this,

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Nope its dead
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Yeah it's OR.
  • not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

@NekoTaryn Dead by Daylight has some issues with specific Internet Service Providers that are blocking the Killer from hosting matches. Maybe that's your case? We know that most of these ISPs are located in EU.

If you are new to the game, you will be matched with players that are roughly the same rank as you, today is the last day of the season, less players are in low ranks which means a longer time to get a game. Lucky for you, season reset is tomorrow!

As for the current users on PC, our game average is currently around 22K players at all time with highs in the 30K and lows in the 15K. Hope this information helps!

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810