The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Easy way to nerf DS wiout change anything

DarkGGhost
DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

Just make it so if the killer press the M1 after 2-2,2 sec pick the survivor with the DS the survivor will get hit ista oh and make it so you can use DS on the first down and make it so the other DS will work in 65 % of wiggle bar

1) Killer down the DS user
2) Pick him up
3) count to 2 and press M1
4) If the survivor use DS you hit him on the spot

DS needs to be used on the first pick up or you lose it and the no obsession survivors need to wiggle at 65% in order to use it

Post edited by DarkGGhost on

Comments

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    I agree! idk what you said but DS should be nerfed
  • DarkGGhost

@ToxicFengM1n @XavierBoah17 it's a way to bring people to see it and tell me what they think

• jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124

I read it multiple times and still not sure.
    Almost sounds like you're saying that 2 - 2.2 seconds after the killer picks someone with DS up they can click M1 and insta hit the survivor that used DS...? Not sure what 'using it on the first down' means.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you trying to say that the Killer should be able to hit M1 after 2 seconds and instantly down the recently escaped Survivor?

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    The devs don't care. Fairness and balance doesnt matter as long as the most toxic players get to have fun.
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Swiftblade131 said:
    rUn EnDuRiNg

Can't tell if this is a joke, so I am gonna assume it is
    Enduring helps with ds but the times are off
    DS lies to you in the description, it actually stuns you for 4.8 seconds at tier 3

• tizzi717
    tizzi717 Member Posts: 89

nerf the only good perk of survivor after all the nerf in this 2018. At the same time killer has up to 5 one shot perk. Very nice balance killer main

• The_Crusader

@Swiftblade131 said:
    rUn EnDuRiNg

DS lies to you in the description, it actually stuns you for 4.8 seconds at tier 3

Doesn't include the time it takes to catch back up to survivors either.
  • artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

@Swiftblade131 said:
    rUn EnDuRiNg

Doesn't include the time it takes to catch back up to survivors either.
    obviously?
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    tizzi717 said:

nerf the only good perk of survivor after all the nerf in this 2018. At the same time killer has up to 5 one shot perk. Very nice balance killer main

Could say the same to you, survivor main/obvious troll.
  • JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

Just remove the perk until it's rework, easy

• tizzi717
    edited February 2019

@JoyfulLeader said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

why don't remove no one escape death at the same time,if you really want to remove perk that bbroke the game

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@Swiftblade131 said:

@tizzi717 said:

"nerf the only good perk of survivor after all the nerf in this 2018"

What is Balanced Landing?
    What is Self-Care?
    What is Iron Will?
    What is Urban Evasion?

Just having these 4 perks is so good. 1 Exhaustion perk for running, Iron will can help bamboozle some killers and helps you stealth when injured, Urban Evasion amplifies Iron Will, making a god like combo, it is also extremely good against Nurse and is just useful for stealth in general kind of acts like calm spirit for the crows since you are crouching, Self-Care for self reliance.

You are probably just to dependent on decisive.

Urban evasion, you serious?

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

@Arroz said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@tizzi717 said:

What is Self-Care?
    What is Iron Will?
    What is Urban Evasion?

Just having these 4 perks is so good. 1 Exhaustion perk for running, Iron will can help bamboozle some killers and helps you stealth when injured, Urban Evasion amplifies Iron Will, making a god like combo, it is also extremely good against Nurse and is just useful for stealth in general kind of acts like calm spirit for the crows since you are crouching, Self-Care for self reliance.

What's wrong with it? As a solo survivor I use the perk and it's helped more times than I can count. Is great against Nurse and Spirit and downright counters Hag.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I don't hugely mind DS that I know about it's the 33% ones that are the worst.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Yall are killing me with nerfing ds. There is nothing wrong with it. You are not entitled to every kill.....Get over it! The only thing that needs to be nerfed is your attitude towards it. Quit getting your panties in a bunch. 
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Okapi said:

@Arroz said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@tizzi717 said:

What is Self-Care?
    What is Iron Will?
    What is Urban Evasion?

What's wrong with it? As a solo survivor I use the perk and it's helped more times than I can count. Is great against Nurse and Spirit and downright counters Hag.

From a Hag mains point of view, it does nothing. If they crouch around the map with Urban (which is 50% movespeed for them I think) I'm effectively moving 60% faster. It doesn't counter Hag much, but definitely counters Nurse.

• The_Crusader
    Yall are killing me with nerfing ds. There is nothing wrong with it. You are not entitled to every kill.....Get over it! The only thing that needs to be nerfed is your attitude towards it. Quit getting your panties in a bunch. 
    Yes, chasing a good survivor for a decebt amount of time, outplaying them with mindgames, none of that deserves a kill. Survivors deserve the free escape more because they made a perk choice before the game even began. Well deserved!
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@NoxiousOnnyyxx said:

Why are survivors entitled to get free escapes? I'd really like to know the reason.

@DarkGGhost said:
    Just make it so if the killer press the M1 after 2-2,2 sec pick the survivor with the DS the survivor will get hit ista oh and make it so you can use DS on the first down and make it so the other DS will work in 65 % of wiggle bar

Please rewrite your suggestion. We really don't know what you mean.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    tizzi717 said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

why don't remove no one escape death at the same time,if you really want to remove perk that bbroke the game

Leave my NOED alone.
  • douggie123
    tizzi717 said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

Leave my NOED alone.
    NOED makes my camping games easier when all survivors repair the last gen whilst I am setting my tent up. Then they all come shooting at the hook until that one fateful hit.
  • JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571
    edited February 2019

@tizzi717 said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

Because you can easily remove that perk by breaking all 5 totems around the map, but DS isn't preventable besides dribbling, which is situational. All Decisive strike has really ever done was cause so many countless arguments and it doesn't belong in the game. Just getting rid of the damn thing until it's rework will save us from many angry killers, survivors are stronger than the killers at the moment, so yes, I'm in the idea of getting rid of the current ability of DS

• douggie123

Better still make it so the killer can see the skill check on their screen lol
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I'm not sure, but are you suggesting to give the killer a small window to hit the survivor that just used DS? That seems dumb.

• Hoodied

@Swiftblade131 said:

@tizzi717 said:

What is Self-Care?
    What is Iron Will?
    What is Urban Evasion?

I can add-on to your counter, Lithe is a powerful exhaust perk when mixed with Balanced landing, and alone is powerful anyways

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

There is no easy fix to DS, it will either need to be removed or repurposed, the best idea I can come up with is that it has 3 uses, each time you hit a skill check it consumes a token and reduces the wiggle timer by 40/45/50% so you can wiggle off the shoulder, and would stop it being a crutch however it would also not be worthless. AYM.

• Arroz

@Okapi said:

@Arroz said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@tizzi717 said:

What is Self-Care?
    What is Iron Will?
    What is Urban Evasion?

@Okapi said:

@Arroz said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@tizzi717 said:

What is Self-Care?
    What is Iron Will?
    What is Urban Evasion?

It's not for my play style, i dont like to be sneaky... and most people who use urban evasion are claudette's that let you die in the hook or surfers..

• Arroz

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@tizzi717 said:

What is Self-Care?
    What is Iron Will?
    What is Urban Evasion?

I can add-on to your counter, Lithe is a powerful exhaust perk when mixed with Balanced landing, and alone is powerful anyways

How can lithe be a powerful perk.. you serious? balanced landing is the only good exhaustion perk right now, lithe just suck

• Hoodied

@Arroz said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@tizzi717 said:

What is Self-Care?
    What is Iron Will?
    What is Urban Evasion?

How can lithe be a powerful perk.. you serious? balanced landing is the only good exhaustion perk right now, lithe just suck

Lies here, lithe is a powerful loop perk, same with balanced landing, don't challenge a feng main towards the strength of her perks

• tizzi717

@NoShinyPony said:

@NoxiousOnnyyxx said:

Why are survivors entitled to get free escapes? I'd really like to know the reason.

@DarkGGhost said:

And you are entitled to get a free hook with no one escape death or even worst a free kill with rancor. Come on wake up open your eyes, both roles has their bastard perks

• The_Crusader
    edited February 2019

There is no easy fix to DS, it will either need to be removed 

That's fine.

If they remove it I'll buy the biggest auric cell pack they have.

Just please take it away  :'( 
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Really this just not too difficult... they put the proper fix for DS in deliverance... put a prerequisite in the perk and itll be good... get a safe unhook(s) or complete a certain number of gens maybe a combo of things to make the perk activate... at least then theyll have to earn the strike...
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Bravo0413 said:
    Really this just not too difficult... they put the proper fix for DS in deliverance... put a prerequisite in the perk and itll be good... get a safe unhook(s) or complete a certain number of gens maybe a combo of things to make the perk activate... at least then theyll have to earn the strike...
    This is by far the best suggestion I've seen for this perk yet. 
  • The_Crusader

The problem with DS is it can eat up too much of a killers momentum, especially when there is multiple.

Deliverance saves one guy from having to go unhook sure, but you still take that survivor down 1 hook stage, and by the time he's used deliverance you're probably closing in on the next target anyway.

They aren't comparable. DS is MUCH more damaging to killer, especially when they rob you of basement hooks and such.

The idea of a get free perk needs to go. Survivors already have bodyblocking, flashlights and sabotage for that - methods which require the input of another survivor, which helps relieve gen pressure against the killer.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@tizzi717 said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@NoxiousOnnyyxx said:

@DarkGGhost said:

And you are entitled to get a free hook with no one escape death or even worst a free kill with rancor. Come on wake up open your eyes, both roles has their bastard perks

Bothered by Noed? Cleanse totems.
    Rancor? Be stealthy after the gens are done.

At least you acknowledge that DS = free escape. A lot of survivors who don't play killer don't do that.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    I always chase obsessions until I'm by a hook then whack em. Put on hook then camp them hard to start. They tend to kill themselves on hook. But go elsewhere if they are hanging in.
  • NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    tizzi717 said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@NoxiousOnnyyxx said:

@DarkGGhost said:

😂😂😂 not when those flashlights come at ya! Besides mori's.
  • tizzi717
    edited February 2019

@NoxiousOnnyyxx said:
    tizzi717 said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@NoxiousOnnyyxx said:

@DarkGGhost said:

😂😂😂 not when those flashlights come at ya! Besides mori's.

We talk about perks here. Not object or offering. Don't try to change subject or try to be smart.....

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

1) Killer down the DS user
    2) Pick him up
    3) count to 2 and press M1
    4) If the survivor use DS you hit him on the spot

DS needs to be used on the first pick up or you lose it and the no obsession survivors need to wiggle at 65% in order to use it

DS should have broken status after wiggle out until the end of the match
  • Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Just make it a late game perk like Adrenaline or NOED.
  • DarkGGhost

@Cymer said:
    Just make it a late game perk like Adrenaline or NOED.

Most people will not like that that why i say give the killer the mechanic to counter complete.

• The_Crusader
    Combine DS with No Mither and it's fixed. They get a free escape and can't be slugged, but they have to be broken right from the start 

Buffs No Mither and gives a downside to DS.