The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Will i get banned if i am afk in a match not on purpose?

I was playing killer and something important with family happened and i needed to hop off and someone in chat at the end said they reported me. :(

Comments

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    For being afk? I don't think so.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Why would someone be so upset about you having an emergency? Even if you're a Survivor, things happen and you have to hop off the game real fast. I hope people can understand that. It isn't like you DC'd for getting caught first in the match.

• xP3nnyWize
    xP3nnyWize Member Posts: 282

@Coriander said:
    Why would someone be so upset about you having an emergency? Even if you're a Survivor, things happen and you have to hop off the game real fast. I hope people can understand that. It isn't like you DC'd for getting caught first in the match.

Yeah exactly I was huntress and it was a decent match I thought and I had to get off quickly so was afk in match and the person whom I will not name was saying he recorded me being afk on purpose because he thought I was mad or something :( I wasn't what so ever.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

I had to help someone once and just stood there as the Hag, only to find the Survivors dancing around me when I returned. I don't think they were very upset =P

• xP3nnyWize

@Coriander said:
    I had to help someone once and just stood there as the Hag, only to find the Survivors dancing around me when I returned. I don't think they were very upset =P

Yeah that's always funny and good haha

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    If something comes up, no big deal, nothing's going to happen. If you're doing it every match, that's when it becomes a problem.
  • xP3nnyWize

@Peanits said:
    If something comes up, no big deal, nothing's going to happen. If you're doing it every match, that's when it becomes a problem.

Okay gotcha. Yeah it does not even close happen every match haha. Thank you! <3

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@xP3nnyWize said:
    I was playing killer and something important with family happened and i needed to hop off and someone in chat at the end said they reported me. :(

No afking is not a bannable offense, you can derank by afking e.g.

• xP3nnyWize

@Master said:

@xP3nnyWize said:

No afking is not a bannable offense, you can derank by afking e.g.

Gotcha Thanks <3