The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

If the teammates are toxic is it wrong to turn against them, even side with the killer?

Eveline
Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
I had a game recently where I probably played with some 3 swfs and they were obviously toxic and hook swarming. When they unhooked me (with no bt) and killer was close, I got hit and killer picked me. They blocked the hook long enough for me to wiggle out but I didn't. Killer hit everyone once and even downed one with me on his shoulder. The rest of the game I was feeling kinda bad and lost the will to survive. When the gens were done  I crouched beside hook and let the killer kill me.

Comments

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    We’ve all given the killer a break and let them have a hook after a brutal match like that.
    I’d have done the same 
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Dodge 3 SWFs like i do. It rarely ends well for the solo.

If i play Killer and see such fuckery going on i will (basement-)camp and tunnel them and let the solo go. Simply because i know how it feels like.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Eveline said:
    I had a game recently where I probably played with some 3 swfs and they were obviously toxic and hook swarming. When they unhooked me (with no bt) and killer was close, I got hit and killer picked me. They blocked the hook long enough for me to wiggle out but I didn't. Killer hit everyone once and even downed one with me on his shoulder. The rest of the game I was feeling kinda bad and lost the will to survive. When the gens were done  I crouched beside hook and let the killer kill me.

I do that every game I play along one of those toxic SWF.
    Sometimes I accidentially press a wrong button and throw down a pallet or unhook in bad circumstances.... accidents happen :wink:

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I use Bond and if I see someone tbagging I leave them.

Chances are the killer will camp them. If not I'll help them so that we can work together to open the gates but if they go down after that I tbag them via aura at the exit gates and leave.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

I don't think you should fight toxic behavior with some of your own.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Everytime we have sh!!ty survivors we let them alone. If they want to sand bag and be shady let them....This event made randoms completely useless. You almost need a 4 man swf to actually get the gens done....Its amazing how they will run around and do nothing so they can get the hatch. I will purposely hang on that hook as long as possible in hopes the killer finds the useless idiot.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    I don't save tbaggers, thats about it.
  • Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Siding with the killer is not wrong - it's bannable. 
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Only if you set about telling the killer where people are, I guess.

Other than that, giving the killer a hook is not wrong.  I've done it from time to time, too. 
  • Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited February 2019
    Whenever I see my team mate running Coal Tower for example with Balanced Landing its a shame that I had to go "afk" next to the window.