The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

BBQ Watch Week 7 of 2019

No BBQ and Chili on the Shrine today.

That is all.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

True dat

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Vortexas said:

That is all.

Just level leather face up if you want BBQ 
  • douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    He isn't expensive
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Master said:

You mean paytowin? :smile:

BBQ was in the shrine once.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Some minor tidbits regarding the Shrine of Secrets:

-Surveillance is the oldest perk to have never shown up on the Shrine of Secrets
    -Dance With Me Is the oldest Survivor Perk to have never shown up on the Shrine of Secrets
    -Left Behind is the oldest perk to have never shown up more than once on the Shrine of Secrets
    -Barbecue and Chili is the oldest Killer perk to have never shown up more than once on the Shrine of Secrets

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I'm curious what you're gonna do when it finally does show up in the shrine.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Delfador said:

@Master said:

You mean paytowin? :smile:

BBQ was in the shrine once.

Exactly

• Delfador

@Master said:

Exactly

And your point?

There are other perks that were in the shrine just for once.

There are perks that are popular and came with dlcs, and they were in the shrine multiple times.

DS was in the shrine 7 times.

Hex ruin was in the shrine 9 times.

If devs wanted to sell their dlcs in that way, we would see a similar pattern.

Hag used to be worse than leatherface and we were not able to buy her with shards but ruin would go to the shrine anyway.

It is just a coincidence.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    What's in the shrine this week? I'm away rn so can't check.
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    @Delfador

Please don't post common sense here, this is for conspiracies only  :p
  • Mullato
    Mullato Member Posts: 104
    Milord said:
    ^^
  • Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

@Milord said:

Alert, Wake Up, Remember Me and Monitor & Abuse.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@Unnamed_Freak said:

@Milord said:

I love Remember Me, any excuse to abuse Survivors is a good excuse. I just slug the Obsession and skip on my merry way.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273

@Milord said:

Thank you, good sir. :)
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I think BBQ has only been on the Shrine once because the Devs, hear me out, were contacted by Toby Hooper himself, and said it was OP. We've seen Franklins and Knockout right but never BBQ again, because he knows, he knows.

''The truth is out there''

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I was hoping BBQ and Chili would be on the shrine. I don't have the money to purchase the LF DLC. Hopefully, we will see it next week. I doubt it though, lol.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Isn't your avatar The Cannibal?...

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Vortexas said:

That is all.

Some day my sad friend some day!!! You are doing god's work!

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

They need to rework the Shrine of Secrets - make every single perk available to purchase and eight of them go on sale every week.
    Make it like this;
    Perks from DLC Killers and Survivors = 8k Iridescent Shards
    Perks from non-DLC Killers and Survivors = 4k Iridescent Shards
    Every week, two DLC Killer, two DLC Survivor, two non-DLC Killer and two non-DLC Survivor perks go 'on sale' and their prices are halved.
    On Sale DLC Killer and Survivor perks = 4k Iridescent Shards
    On Sale non-DLC Killer and Survivor perks = 2k Iridescent Shards.

Maybe they could bump up the prices a little bit to make it more difficult to get DLC perks, and perhaps add the option to buy perks with Auric Cells maybe so they have another way to make money, to make up for a potential decrease in sales resulting from DLC perks being purchasable for free.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    TAG said:

-Surveillance is the oldest perk to have never shown up on the Shrine of Secrets
    -Dance With Me Is the oldest Survivor Perk to have never shown up on the Shrine of Secrets
    -Left Behind is the oldest perk to have never shown up more than once on the Shrine of Secrets
    -Barbecue and Chili is the oldest Killer perk to have never shown up more than once on the Shrine of Secrets

I know for a fact Surveillance and Dance with Me have shown up multiple times. I have never seen bbq (although I got it now so it doesn’t matter) and I am almost positive basic perks like Left Behind never show up because they’re already available to everyone and not tied to a specific character. 
  • IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

@Unnamed_Freak said:

@Milord said:

I am thinking about getting Remember Me from the Shrine. Is it a good perk?

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Kinda ticked
    I wanted to get open handed but I thought the shrine updated Wednesday.

Still, monitor and abuse. Yay.
  • TAG

@pemberley said:
    TAG said:

I know for a fact Surveillance and Dance with Me have shown up multiple times. I have never seen bbq (although I got it now so it doesn’t matter) and I am almost positive basic perks like Left Behind never show up because they’re already available to everyone and not tied to a specific character. 

I am basing my information on the Shrine of Secrets archive. According to it, neither Surveillance nor Dance With Me have ever shown up.

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Shrines_of_Secrets_Archive

Also, Left Behind is a Bill perk in the PC version.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited February 2019

@Delfador said:

@Master said:

Exactly

Hag used to be worse than leatherface and we were not able to buy her with shards but ruin would go to the shrine anyway.

It's funny how she jumped from second worst to 3rd best.

• Delfador

@Poweas said:

It's funny how she jumped from second worst to 3rd best.

It just shows you how much time is important in this game. There weren't crazy rework for her, they just reduced setting time for her traps and I believe they changed her teleport range.

Trapper could become a really powerful killer with the right changes but unfortunately, the devs don't want to buff him now. Shame, he is our poster boy.

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189

Don't need to get BBQ Crutch off Shrine, just tape keyboard to face and bash mouse with head till you get the shareable version.

-warning- nobody will respect you for choosing this easy-mode pay 2 win perk but if your fine with that all good.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Vortexas stop being silly. "Random" means anything to you? And why aren't you whining about Surveillance or Dance With Me? Hm?

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Still wondering

Since BBQ & Chili's release. How many times has it showed up, and how many times has Decisive Strike showed up. Would love to see the figures on that.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

No-one still thinks BBQ is pay to win because of the aura reading do they? That is so 2017.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited February 2019

@Rex_Huin said:
    No-one still thinks BBQ is pay to win because of the aura reading do they? That is so 2017.

Oh boy you'd be surprised. I have a friend that calls it BBQ and Bullshit. He thinks it's extremely over powered.

Every new players reaction to it is negative i've noticed.

• Rex_Huin

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@Rex_Huin said:

Oh boy you'd be surprised. I have a friend that calls it BBQ and Bullshit. He thinks it's extremely over powered.

Every new players reaction to it is negative i've noticed.

Interesting. When it came out the aura reading was a big deal but I feel like they have beefed up a lot of the other perks since then.

I find things like Tinkerer and Bitter Murmur a better source of survivor whereabouts now. I mainly run BBQ for the points.

• George_Soros

@Rex_Huin said:

People actually do. The stupidity of humankind never ceases to amaze me...

• Rex_Huin

@George_Soros said:

@Rex_Huin said:

People also forget that BBQ was at least partly created as survivors wanted a reason for killers to leave the hook...

• George_Soros

@Rex_Huin said:

@George_Soros said:

@Rex_Huin said:

People also forget that BBQ was at least partly created as survivors wanted a reason for killers to leave the hook...

We all do that sometimes though.

I've seen a lot of people complaining how those Barbecue Invitations pile up during summer event.
    Now there were cries about "not enough Red Envelopes", so the devs had to increase their frequency on the Bloodweb.

And there are a lot more examples. Things like these are the reason why I love snappy comebacks from devs like "go play Civ 5". You just can't make everyone happy, especially at a time like this, when consumer society made us so ridiculously entitled and demanding.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

@Milord said:

Lmao only trash again.. MandA is decent, that's it 
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Judgement said:

They need to rework the Shrine of Secrets - make every single perk available to purchase and eight of them go on sale every week.
    Make it like this;
    Perks from DLC Killers and Survivors = 8k Iridescent Shards
    Perks from non-DLC Killers and Survivors = 4k Iridescent Shards
    Every week, two DLC Killer, two DLC Survivor, two non-DLC Killer and two non-DLC Survivor perks go 'on sale' and their prices are halved.
    On Sale DLC Killer and Survivor perks = 4k Iridescent Shards
    On Sale non-DLC Killer and Survivor perks = 2k Iridescent Shards.

Maybe they could bump up the prices a little bit to make it more difficult to get DLC perks, and perhaps add the option to buy perks with Auric Cells maybe so they have another way to make money, to make up for a potential decrease in sales resulting from DLC perks being purchasable for free.

Not even a bad idea, much better than what we currently have
  • TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

@TAG said:

I do not think Left Behind ever will show up because even though it is teachable on PC, on console it is another general perk everybody has available at the start.

• TAG

@TheMidnightRidr said:

@TAG said:

I do not think Left Behind ever will show up because even though it is teachable on PC, on console it is another general perk everybody has available at the start.

To be fair, the one time Left Behind actually appeared on the Shrine of Secrets was after the game was released on console.