The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Rise of the potatoes

Yamaoka
Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
Not trying to brag but honestly it's a total joke to 4k everytime the rank reset is near. Had nothing but 5 and 4 gens all day as killer. Getting pips should be a LOT more difficult. Your thoughts?

Comments

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

What does it matter if its during rank reset?

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Yeah I've noticed that too.

Not complaining though. They still have all the strongest crutch perks. Better than facing good survivors with DS and such.
  • Yamaoka
    Khar said:

What does it matter if its during rank reset?

It's not during rank reset but usually like 1 week before the rank reset and it bothers me sometimes because I literally get 2 minute games with weak killers like doctor. I recorded a game today and didn't even feel like watching it myself because I know I didn't play well... I simply won that quickly because none of these red ranks even tried to loop me but instead walked in a straight line and always near their team mates. I obviously don't want to face 4 optimal loopers but I don't want to waste my time playing against potatoes either so the ranking system feels... Wrong. Red rank survivors shouldn't get downed in less than 15 seconds.
  • Yamaoka
    Funbag5 said:
    Your probably getting to badass for this game. Have you considered getting wider doors in your house for your head?
    Are you one of those red rank survivors who have never heard about pallets and windows? All I'm saying is the ranking system is flawed and needs a serious rework. I'm tired or winning without doing anything. Even a 5 year old could get a 4k a few days before rank resets. 
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

You can have the derankers back, then. Literally every other game is DS squad tbaggers.

• Yamaoka

Usually Killers cry here when they do not get the 4Ks. Weird world.

Dont worry, it is no fun for Survivors either. If you are on the hook and a Survivor is healing himself with Self Care vs an Unlimited EW3 Myers, you know that Rank Reset is near.

The thing is I'm not one of those tryhard killers who want a 4k at all costs. I'm fine with a 2k as long as it's an intense game with lots of chases, mindgames, close calls etc. Where's the fun in playing a game when the survivors act like tutorial bots?

Also I'm not a killer main but a 50/50 player so I want good team mates when I play solo survivor which is like an impossible thing everytime the rank reset is close.

Long story short: This game needs a new ranking system. Pipping is way too easy.
  • captainlongshlong
    captainlongshlong Member Posts: 87

Yeah, ok.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

No one at R1 would get a game on either side. Most Survivors would be yellow, and most Killers would be green or red.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Yamaoka said:
    Not trying to brag but honestly it's a total joke to 4k everytime the rank reset is near. Had nothing but 5 and 4 gens all day as killer. Getting pips should be a LOT more difficult. Your thoughts?

Could it be possible those players are depipping ?

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@Yamaoka said:

Everyone is prioritizing the event, so the vessels are a massive distraction.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Getting pips is way to easy. It feels like half the community is on rank 1.

With rank 1s you never know before the game starts: Are these good players who belong here? Are these rank 15s who got to rank 1 because pipping is too easy?

The pipping system and the rank system should both be reworked, yes.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@The_Crusader said:
    Yeah I've noticed that too.

Not complaining though. They still have all the strongest crutch perks. Better than facing good survivors with DS and such.

It's surprising to me that people notice any changes.

For me rank reset changes nothing about my matches since the rank 1 survivors i play with get sent to 10 right along with me.

If i get reset then wait a week before playing yeah but not day 1 at reset.

• branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295
    It's hard to do but rank reset should look a players true performance as in, length of time in rank 1, speed of rank progression etc.
    I welcome rank reset as I am not a rank 1 but of course as easy to rank up, I am in a false rank. 
    Its a conundrum they will never solve I think
  • Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

I meet better survivors once the rank reset hit, and potatoes once the reset is 1/2 week old, whatever ranks i am, idk

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Nah because this is a casual game. What they should do is when the dedicated servers come in, is setup a try hard queue for a ladder, solo only, no way to dodge lobbies. Then the try hards can play in there on the ladder while casuals slug it out on the normal rank system.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

I agree, getting pips should be way harder and depips should be way easier to get.

Tired of playing with and against "casuals" in Rank 1 because of a ######### ranking system.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Yamaoka said:

Pipping should be significantly harder for both sides

• Naiad
    Naiad Member Posts: 194
    edited February 2019

@Plu said:
    I meet better survivors once the rank reset hit, and potatoes once the reset is 1/2 week old, whatever ranks i am, idk

In my opinion potatoes rank slower than good survivors, so they safety pip more meaning it takes them longer to reach rank 1 than a good survivor. Because a good survivor has no where to go once they reach rank 1 they sit there and eventually the potatoes catch up and end up in their/your games. Meaning a few weeks into rank reset you start meeting more idiots in the trials.

Of course this doesn't account for the fact that right after rank reset you should all still be around the same rank.