The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Fire up update suggestion

does anyone else think an update to fire up to also cover "offensive actions" - ie successful and missed attacks, and opening lockers would be a solid buff?

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    No it's already too OP. I win countless games with it and it's the biggest crutch this game has to offer. Really disappointed it didnt recive a nerf this mid chapter patch. Fire up OP pls nerf
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Ignore Phantom, yes it needs a buff, Gen kick speed and pick up speed does not matter and unless you combine Fire-Up with Bamboozle then it's good but other than that it really serves no USEFUL purpose.

• PhantomMask20763

@HatCreature said:
    Ignore Phantom, yes it needs a buff, Gen kick speed and pick up speed does not matter and unless you combine Fire-Up with Bamboozle then it's good but other than that it really serves no USEFUL purpose.

It's sooooo OP tho :scream:

• HatCreature

@PhantomMask20763 said:

@HatCreature said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=horI2Bz8OQI

### YEAH IT IS
  • Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

@HatCreature said:

Phantom's just doing the Ardetha meme - they joke about how Fire Up and all the weakest perks are 'OP pls nerf'. Hope to god the devs don't actually believe it though.
    Back on topic, OP, by 'offensive actions', do you mean recoveries from missed and successful attacks? Because if so it could either make Fire Up balanced or knock it out of whack beyond belief.

• PhantomMask20763

@HatCreature said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

@HatCreature said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=horI2Bz8OQI

[BAD WORD] YEAH IT IS

That 10/12/14% speed bonus is such a crutch and is OP!!!!

• HatCreature

@Judgement said:

@HatCreature said:

Phantom's just doing the Ardetha meme - they joke about how Fire Up and all the weakest perks are 'OP pls nerf'. Hope to god the devs don't actually believe it though.
    Back on topic, OP, by 'offensive actions', do you mean recoveries from missed and successful attacks? Because if so it could either make Fire Up balanced or knock it out of whack beyond belief.

I made a post about combining Unrelenting with STBFL and no one understood that it would in fact NOT bring back the machine gun combo because the percentages are still much lower than that was. This 14% would be awesome and STILL not be as powerful as that infamous combo so I think making it count towards successful and missed attacks would be awesome.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

@Judgement said:

@HatCreature said:

I like how people choose to meme rather then actually talk about the topic though :/

• PhantomMask20763

@Maelstrom10 said:

@Judgement said:

@HatCreature said:

I like how people choose to meme rather then actually talk about the topic though :/

Well, if you want my actual opinion on the topic, Fire Up does need a buff. I feel as if the numbers could just be increased and it could be good though. I wouldn't mind a rework that makes it really good like what they did with surveillance but I feel as if they could just buff the numbers and they would be fine

• Maelstrom10

@PhantomMask20763 said:

@Maelstrom10 said:

@Judgement said:

@HatCreature said:

Well, if you want my actual opinion on the topic, Fire Up does need a buff. I feel as if the numbers could just be increased and it could be good though. I wouldn't mind a rework that makes it really good like what they did with surveillance but I feel as if they could just buff the numbers and they would be fine

Aww thanks man for giving your actual opinion :)
    imo i feel it should gain more versatility in more areas, however i'd be find with a numbers buff too

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I think this is what should happen to Fire Up.

You should be able to get tokens for hooks, not for completed generators.

You can get 5 tokens.

Each token will give you 4% increase for pick up, drop, pallet break, generator damage and vaults.

I think that in this way, the perk can become viable enough. Getting tokens for completed generators will always be bad no matter what.

The killer will get good bonuses if they can perform well.

• HatCreature

@Delfador said:

You can get 5 tokens.

Each token will give you 4% increase for pick up, drop, pallet break, generator damage and vaults.

I think that in this way, the perk can become viable enough. Getting tokens for completed generators will always be bad no matter what.

This sounds much better, I don't think something as insignificant as these bonuses should be tied directly to how well the Survivors are doing against the Killer.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@Delfador said:

You can get 5 tokens.

Turning into a snowball perk is a bad idea. At best, you should be able to get your token bonuses sooner, such as reducing it to 3 tokens.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Eninya said:

Turning into a snowball perk is a bad idea. At best, you should be able to get your token bonuses sooner, such as reducing it to 3 tokens.

It is not a snowball perk though.

Brutal strength gives you 20% pallet break and generator damage anyway.

Bamboozle gives you 15% vault speed and on top of that you block the window.

This perk kind of combines these 2 perks but it costs you time. Instead of getting the bonuses early in the game, you get them later but in turn you save a perk slot for yourself. In order to do that, you need to perform well.

Current Fire up is worse imo because it is kind of a comeback mechanism. If a survivor loops you for 3 generators you get rewarded for your bad gameplay. My version rewards you if you can do well.

Even if it is a snowball perk, I rather have snowball perks than comeback perks like NOED, DS etc.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited February 2019

"It's OP" Joke or not, that made my day, thank you!

• Maelstrom10

@Delfador said:

@Eninya said:

This perk kind of combines these 2 perks but it costs you time. Instead of getting the bonuses early in the game, you get them later but in turn you save a perk slot for yourself. In order to do that, you need to perform well.

Current Fire up is worse imo because it is kind of a comeback mechanism. If a survivor loops you for 3 generators you get rewarded for your bad gameplay. My version rewards you if you can do well.

Even if it is a snowball perk, I rather have snowball perks than comeback perks like NOED, DS etc.

Tbh i quite like comeback perks if there done well. ds and noed are obviously poor examples, but i'd actually say fire up would be a good example if it was buffed. it reduces pressure on lower gen counts, by increasing action speed, however it doesn't truly (or atleast on its own) have much of an effect on chases (expecially without bamboozle or brutal strength to back it up. i think a numbers buff, or giving it more versatility in its action speed would allow for more comebacks however there should be a way to counter it. perhaps having the perk wear off after all gens are done, or having it work on a token system where at high gen counts it has a seperate effect to low gen counts? for example at high gens (5-4) you have higher action speed bonus as usual, but at lower gen counts, those bonuses get phased out, for better missed attack/hit cooldown's (essentially stbfl and unrelenting?) and pallet/vault speed. Basically you have high versatility at the start of the match, but more power towards the end?

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243

@Delfador said:

@Eninya said:

Tbh i quite like comeback perks if there done well. ds and noed are obviously poor examples, but i'd actually say fire up would be a good example if it was buffed. it reduces pressure on lower gen counts, by increasing action speed, however it doesn't truly (or atleast on its own) have much of an effect on chases (expecially without bamboozle or brutal strength to back it up. i think a numbers buff, or giving it more versatility in its action speed would allow for more comebacks however there should be a way to counter it. perhaps having the perk wear off after all gens are done, or having it work on a token system where at high gen counts it has a seperate effect to low gen counts? for example at high gens (5-4) you have higher action speed bonus as usual, but at lower gen counts, those bonuses get phased out, for better missed attack/hit cooldown's (essentially stbfl and unrelenting?) and pallet/vault speed. Basically you have high versatility at the start of the match, but more power towards the end?

I like this idea. Certain bonuses for 0-2 gens completed that change into different ones (or just added) as 3-5 gens are done. In addition to buffing the existing numbers. 
  • Maelstrom10

@GhostEuant said:
    I like this idea. Certain bonuses for 0-2 gens completed that change into different ones (or just added) as 3-5 gens are done. In addition to buffing the existing numbers. 

Bingo :) that way as the game changes, so do you and your killer