The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can someone be banned for toxicity,cause I'm tired of this.

Meme
Meme Member Posts: 275

I mostly play killer and just finished playing against 4 survivors(Obviously).They were doing really well and getting the gens done as they were supposed to.Then I see him,the jake with a purple flashlight.He loops me for a while,and then I figured I'll go for the rest cause I didn't want to be looped whole game,he then proceeds to flash his flashlight constantly and t bag,getting my attention again.Then I got looped and the gens done,so I dced out of frustration.Then the survivor who looped me goes on the message me,leaving me death threats,insults,rude remarks about my family.What has this community become?I haven't done anything toxic and I try to avoid these kinds of players,but this is just ridiculous.

Comments

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Sending insults, threats etc. is obviously bannable. 
  • NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    edited February 2019

Bannable indeed, here's the support ticket forum: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

• NoneNani
    NoneNani Member Posts: 11
    Its only (bad word) kids. I really tired of this beauty things like swf and the fact that bhvr admit in this game, but hey! Now can come the other kid to say "iTZ a mulTiplayer game". With horribles events like moonrise and swf, this game maybe be empaty before the dedicated servers. 
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Yes it's bannable due to the death threats as they treat them seriously.
  • NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Depending on what they are doing? Pallet looping, body blocking, pallet slamming, farming a person on  the hook and t'bagging aren't bannable. It's basically strategy. Well, besides t'bagging. Just like camping and tunneling. That's all strategy too. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Yamaoka said:
    Sending insults, threats etc. is obviously bannable. 
    Getting a serious death thread in a killer dbd session is nothing spectecular at all, so obviously there is  sth wrong with the bann system 
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

We do not tolerate death threats or excessive insults. It's a video game, there's no need for that kind of stuff. If that happens in game, please report it and we will review it. The in-game reports will save the chat logs and all the information we need. If it happens outside of the game (through private messages on Steam, Xbox Live, or PSN), please report it to the platform it took place on. They will have access to the chat logs and they will be able to punish them as well. None of them tolerate that sort of behaviour either and many people have been banned for that sort of thing.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    And people wonder why killers get picky about lobbys..
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Tbf, u never know how toxic someone really is in the lobby. Sometimes the most toxic and insulting people are those with default cosmetics and no items
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Tbf, u never know how toxic someone really is in the lobby. Sometimes the most toxic and insulting people are those with default cosmetics and no items

And sometimes, people go into spontaneous remission. Doesn't mean it's a good idea to forgo treatment.
    Exceptions are just that - exceptions. What matters most when making decisions is the most common result.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

@NoxiousOnnyyxx said:
    Depending on what they are doing? Pallet looping, body blocking, pallet slamming, farming a person on  the hook and t'bagging aren't bannable. It's basically strategy. Well, besides t'bagging. Just like camping and tunneling. That's all strategy too. 

Tbagging is strategy too. If you are the best looper, you can really help out your team if you can goad the killer into chasing you. Also some killers can get upset at being Tbagged and can lead to them playing less effectively.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    That's true, some look ok but takr you by surprise.

In general though if it's a Nea with the pink hair holding a flashlight with "toxic" in their username then you know what you're going to get.
  • laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

For that reason I stopped playing killer and I think I will also stop playing dbd.
    People and lazy devs...kill the game.