If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What if the survivors just stayed at the campfire?

Options
JoyfulLeader
JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571
edited February 2019 in Lore

What if the survivors just stayed at the campfire and never left? Like, instead of going into matches they just kept camping there? Further more, why do they even bother going into trials if all that happens just results in them waking back up at the fire?

Comments

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

It would be very boring just sat there toasting marshmallows when there is GENS to be done! :)

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,212
    Options
    Inb4 devs add a bonfire tile to all maps.

about in-lore i giess it turns super foggy for a moment and the survivors are suddenly in a trial.
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@Raptorrotas said:
    Inb4 devs add a bonfire tile to all maps.

about in-lore i giess it turns super foggy for a moment and the survivors are suddenly in a trial.

I would imagine this would be the case.

I think they are given a momentary reprieve (the main menu) but when the trials start they are randomly sent to a location (point where we have control over them in the game).

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@Spencer said:
    Cause

Wow, that is such a great answer 😔

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    Entity won't let them. The entity has to prevent them from boinking.
  • JoyfulLeader
    Options

@Mushwin said:
    It would be very boring just sat there toasting marshmallows when there is GENS to be done! :)

Cooking marshmallows sounds better than being hooked and tormented by a band of killers every day 😂

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@Spencer said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Mushwin said:

Cooking marshmallows sounds better than being hooked and tormented by a band of killers every day 😂

It’s all about perspective.
    http://youtu.be/Ngk3VX405GE

@Spencer said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Mushwin said:

It’s all about perspective.
    http://youtu.be/Ngk3VX405GE

Key and Peele describe survivors strangely accurate

• Mushwin
    Options

@JoyfulLeader i prefer to be hooked, it's the sadist in me! grins

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@Mushwin said:
    @JoyfulLeader i prefer to be hooked, it's the sadist in me! grins

Ikr

• Mushwin
    Options

@JoyfulLeader will leave the marshmallows for you near the campfire ^^

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@Mushwin said:
    @JoyfulLeader will leave the marshmallows for you near the campfire ^^

Yessss, we shall make millions of s'mores!

• Mushwin
    Options

@JoyfulLeader just save me one for if i survive, victory smore!

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@Mushwin said:
    @JoyfulLeader just save me one for if i survive, victory smore!

Legacy prestiged smore :chuffed:

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

I am pretty sure they fall asleep/blackout and wake up in a Trial.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options

I'm pretty sure if they could choose they wouldn't go in the trials, the Entity makes them someway.

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@Plu said:

That sucks, because Quentin still is sleep deprived despite visiting the blood web a lot (Which is only visited via falling asleep, Benedict Baker pointed this out)

• Plu
    Options

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Plu said:

That sucks, because Quentin still is sleep deprived despite visiting the blood web a lot (Which is only visited via falling asleep, Benedict Baker pointed this out)

Well i'm guessing it's more of a blackout or a very barebone sleep state that doesn't help them much.

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@Plu said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Plu said:

Well i'm guessing it's more of a blackout or a very barebone sleep state that doesn't help them much.

That explains why Dwight doesn't look very comfortable in his Weekend Lounging outfit

• Plu
    Options

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Plu said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Plu said:

That explains why Dwight doesn't look very comfortable in his Weekend Lounging outfit

That and why his arm wounds don't heal

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@Plu said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Plu said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Plu said:

That and why his arm wounds don't heal

LOL XD

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
    It's clear that the entity can literally just teleport anyone and anything in its realm to anywhere. So the entity just puts them in the trail, grabs the survivor pudding provided that round, and enjoys the show.
  • Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Options
    They do. It's called being in a lobby.
  • Snikers
    Snikers Member Posts: 64
    edited February 2019
    Options

I think the survivors just sort of wake up in the trial. Anyway, sitting around the campfire sure isn't going to get them anywhere; if they don't try to move forward in some way, they won't escape. I think I remember reading early on that the Entity wipes their memory after the trial, too, but that might have been quietly changed.

If that's not enough for you, this was also addressed in BHVR's lore stream. Survivors that refuse to participate in normal gameplay eventually get shunted into a formless limbo, presumably forever. I think the same is theoretically true for killers, but the Entity has a more "direct" relationship with them and can just force them to kill.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

I though they fell asleep at the camp fire and then woke up in the trials

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

I'm pretty sure they don't have a choice